Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What religion would each of the Mane 6 be?

AveryGamerDude

I hope this isn't a controversial concept, but it's something I've genuinely wondered. If the Mane 6 were people in the real world, what religion, or lack thereof, would they have? Realistically, they could be any religion. But if we're going off of their personality and what not... I'd say Applejack and Fluttershy would most likely be Christian, because Applejack is a cowgirl, (Or cowmare.) and cowgirls are typically associated with the American south, which is the most Christian region of the US. As for Fluttershy, I'm kinda just going off my personal experience, because I've met a lot of girls that were like Fluttershy, and they were all Christian. (Maybe that's because I live in Arkansas, I don't know.) As for Twilight Sparkle, I'd say she'd be agnostic or an atheist, considering she's very scientific and skeptically minded, (Though you can still be religious and both of those things.) and she's quick to point out when things are "unscientific." As for the other 3, I'm not totally sure. What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

Twilight – agnostic atheist (she was gnostic atheist before Feeling Pinkie Keen).
AJ – something traditionally Christian.
Rarity – I wanted to write “Judaic”, but than I remembered she likes caviar according to the official MLP web-site, so I’d say Christian as well.
Fluttershy is probably in a pagan nature-worshiping cult, and Pinkie is in a Lovecraftian one.  
Rainbow Dash only worships herself.

Spoiler

Spike is devoted believer in Talos.

• Brohoof 3

Twilight - Idk, I'm thinking agnostic though I do know quite a few critical thinkers that are also really religious (mainly Catholic) so I honestly dont know

AJ - Definetly Christian

Rarity - Spiritual athiest if I had to guess

Fluttershy - "Neo-Pagan"

pinkie - Gypsy I mean probably somewhat spiritual but I'm thinking athiest

and RD worships this

OIP.O91bUtBCF5A-mwC1UbqLjAHaIb?pid=Api&d

Rainbow Dash- herself

Rarity- hmm...  I want to say taoism?  Ooo, maybe Shinto?  She seems like the type to want things in a particular order?

Fluttershy- Jainism(idk that one came to me and has stuck since reading this thread)

Applejack- I think she's agnostic, she might believe there's a god but I don't think she's the type to believe in things she can't touch or speak to.  So she doesn't prescribe to one religion over another.

Pinkie Pie- she's probably christian???  Seeing the Sonic Rainboom when she was younger probably would've made her believe in Miracles, especially how unhappy she was before then.

Twilight Sparkle- Paganism

• Brohoof 1

Just now, AveryGamerDude said:

Well they don't ALL need to have unique religions. :laugh:

But I don't want to fall into a trap and say one specific religion. I'd rather have everypony have a unique one to not favor any religion

• Brohoof 1

Twilight - agnostic atheist

Rarity - probably Christian, though she'd consider herself irreligious

Fluttershy - Wiccan

AJ - Southern Baptist

Pinkie - probably something like Discordianism or Pastafarianism; definitely a more humorous faith in the loosest sense of the word.

Rainbow Dash - LaVeyan Satanist.

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy: Native American Church/Peyote Religion

Rainbow Dash: secular deist

Twilight Sparkle: secular atheist

Applejack: Sikhism

Pinkie Pie: secular agnostic

Rarity: Ojibwe Spiritual Beliefs

Neat topic

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Twilight Sparkle - Atheist, maybe agnostic.

Rarity - Jewish

Rainbow Dash - Daoist

Fluttershy - Buddhist

Applejack - Protestant

Pinkie Pie - Maybe Catholic, though she does seem to have origins from the Equestrian version of the Amish.

Edited by Pony Flutters
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle - Open minded, but atheist. She's just too analytical for religion to work for her, imo.

Rarity - I can see her being Catholic, and I can't really explain why. Probably due to the ornate cathedrals and I can see that affecting her worldview.

Rainbow Dash - Narcissist. ;)

Fluttershy - Wiccan or some sort of pagan belief. She's way too nature-oriented for anything else.

Applejack - Southern baptist, or maybe even pentecostal. In any case she's the opposite of Rarity so a protestant belief is fitting.

Pinkie Pie - Amish upbringing, but I can see Buddhism working for her.

• Brohoof 1

they'd be old style religions I think - less abstract and more grounded (in so far as supernatural belief can be :)also that is more fun). Let's go with Egypt, given so many of our religious ideas came from there anyway and their religious history is ridiculously well preserved for how ancient it is.

Horus.jpg Horus = Dashie. God of wind and sky. Also snappy multihued plumage.

religion-of-ancient-egypt-vector-id52678 Thoth = Twilight. Wisdom, learning and the moon. Always has their beak in a book.

EZ7VsxaX0AARkpq?format=jpg&name=900x900 Hapi is Fluttershy. God of the Nile loves giving life. Nice teats.

Ptah-380x240.jpg Ptah is AJ. Practical. Bearded. Down to earth and good with his hooves.

bastetmain.jpg Bastet is Rarity. Kitten Goddess of the home.  Likes shiny things.

il_794xN.1556780481_c9l3.jpg Osiris is Pinkie. Fun-drunk + flamboyant but a serious side.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AJ is 100% Christian
Fluttershy is Buddhist
Rarity could be either
Pinkie could....probably be a Christian
RD is agnostic and Twilight is Atheist

Twilight is a scientific pantheist.

Applejack is Christian, possibly Baptist.

Pinkie was raised Mennonite, but is now likely some form of Christian atheist, possibly Jesusist.

Fluttershy is Neopagan, specifically the Reclaiming path.

Rainbow Dash is Roman polytheist.

Rarity is irreligious, but considers herself Unitarian Universalist.

I think each mare embodies principles and codes of honor that all religions (and non) are compatible with. So, at this point, I think answers bubbling to mind would be stereotypes or gross exaggerations of said beliefs or general cultures. It's a fun question to think about individually, I suppose XD 

• Brohoof 2