mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

Borrowed a borrow I guess? Idris the dragon lived for a short time in Ivor the engines smoke box. He was named after Cader Idris mountain in Wales UK. We fancied building a mechanical dragon, so we slipped into the name Team Idris. We stuck with it for the off-road team, with a Dragon painted on the van sides and on the doors of the off-roader. I even have a vent panel stamped with holes in the profile of a dragon! I'm thinking Idris fits quite nicely on MLP, but I think a lot of things.............

• Brohoof 3

Team Idris Channel (mlp short stories) - https://m.youtube.com/user/teamidris

I was on the phone with one of my best friends back in January 2008. He was helping me sign up for this online lego game we were going to play together, and he was helping me brainstorm a username. I went with SupremeCommanderSturm, which is a reference to one of my favorite video game series of all time, Advance Wars. Sturm is the primary antagonist in the first 2 games in that series.

Probably not much more than a year or two after that I decided I much prefered the abbreviation, SCS, and that's what I use when I can. It's a rather small username so I'm not able to register with it a lot of the time. SCS doesn't really stand for "supremecommandersturm" in my mind anymore, and hasn't for years. It's just its own thing. My internet alias.

• Brohoof 4

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png

Well, I love dragons, especially the pokémon Dragonair, and I also love music, so I mixed it all up

• Brohoof 2

sig-26587.sig-26587.sig-26587.sig-26587.

"Look and you will find the Hope amidst Sparkling Raindrops in a Sun Shower"

... as you may have guessed, I didn't come up with this sentence but randomly found it on the net. But I like it.

I've had several username changes, but I'm only going to mention the one I have now.

MissBookworm doesn't have a long backstory. I love books, so I'm a bookworm. And I put "miss" in my username because I'm a girl. That's all there is to it really.

• Brohoof 2

Aside from the seasonal usernames:

Wingin'Wolf: I like flying, so I thought of putting something like "wings" in the name (but not winged wolf).

Super80 Wolf: my favorite airplane (super 80) plus Wolf. Not a bad name for a while.

SparkWolf: I wanted a name similar to my special somepony's, so I changed my name to SparkWolf for her :adorkable:.

• Brohoof 3

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

Senatus Romanus! It is Latin for "The Roman Senate"

• Brohoof 2

"I had a name... forgot it many, centuries ago. It faded away like many things, but me. I'm still here, still here trying to find something. What is that something? I don't know, I forgot." -The Nameless Knight

When I first signed up here my username was SonicRainboom27 which is the most generic username ever.

During Christmas 2014 a lot of my friends were changing their usernames to be Christmas themed so I changed mine to Sonic Reindeer.

I decided to keep it after Christmas because I liked it more than my old generic username.

• Brohoof 2

Friendship isn't always easy. But it's definitely worth fighting for.

Twilight Sparkle is Best Pony!

Wind Chaser was referred to me by @Sunny Fox. The name came to symbolize a nihilistic worldview and a striving after the unattainable, illustrated in the Bible passage Ecclesiastes 2:11:

"Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind, nothing was gained under the sun."

• Brohoof 2

Fallentrench-

I was in love with the band Mariana's Trench so much when I was 12-13 ish? I was making a tumblr name and I was like..what goes good with trench? Then I saw someone with the name with fall in there, and I was like, Fallentrench! It's been around for a good time now! :)

• Brohoof 1

NUrRVUp.png

My art topic

Earlier this year I merged a couple of my online identities, which effectively meant this account (which I've used since 2012) was absorbed into "PlunderSteed", which is the identity I use for my MLP-related music, voice acting and dramatic readings.

That said, I chose this name in late 2013 as a reference to the Plunder Seeds of S4E01/02.  I added a "t" so that it had a more distinctive masculine feel, and to make it a unique combination of letters, which is important from a "branding" standpoint.  Everything from Dethklok to Froot Loops follows the same advertising principle.

• Brohoof 1

Regards,

PlunderSteed

Bassist, pianist, and backing vocalist for MLP-themed metal band Draconequus.  Check out our latest music video, a metal cover of "Tricks up my Sleeve" here.

Bassist, pianist, and vocalist for MLP-themed alt rock band Worst Princess.  Check our recent live performance of "Shine Like Rainbows" here.

As a kid my best friends aunt always called me Shady Shaun. Apparently I always looked like I was up to something and it had a nice ring to it. When I got older I became a Eminem fan so when I made my PSN username when I got the ps3 on release I had no clue what to use as a name. So I thought to myself I would use my childhood nickname since the whole Slim Shady thing reminded me of it. So I went with Shady23 and used it for just about everything. 23 is my favorite number so that's where that part came from.

• Brohoof 3

post-15132-0-54339000-1426217384.png

It's French for "Colour."

I thought I'd do everyone a favour and bring colour to their lives. I mean, life would be boring without colour right? But if you're wondering about the origin, most people would probably think it's new and recent considering I change my name a lot, but this name is actually one of my oldest internet aliases. 

Back in 2010 (I think it was, I can't even remember), I needed a username for this online game called Megoland. My friends and I used to play it... in fact I think everyone in my grade played it around then. lol. Anyway, back then I considered myself pretty artistic, I'd win all art contests in my school and everyone from my friends, family to teachers said I was exceptionally good at art. So I was thinking of an artistic-sounding name, and the most prominent word that came to my mind was "Colour."

And that's how I got the name Colour, although I only translated it into French recently because I'm obsessed with anything French. ;p

• Brohoof 4

Here the anatomy of my username

Obliveon: When i wanted to change my username I was thinking of Oblivion but then I taught about one of my favorite Metal bands from Quebec, Obliveon

152129_logo.gif

Br0ny: Since I could call myself a brony then, I just decided to put brony in it, but I then chose to change the o for a 0 to fit with the thematic of my username

• Brohoof 2

tamereenshort.ca

Former name(s): ExperimentalMLPguy, ObliveonBr0ny, ObliveonRapt0rBr0ny, ObliveonVortex

Angelus Corruptus (My OC) My PMVs and YTPs channel 100+ Underrated Metal Bands in 100+ Days (Blog)

Mine is named after Gernia from Yu-Gi-Oh! It's not a great card, but I love the name and the design of the monster. It may seem hideous, but I find it to be a beautiful kind of hideous.

Gernia-GLD5-EN-C-LE.png

• Brohoof 2

post-8308-0-55317300-1414605702.png

Signature by Kyoshi

Hymenoptera is the most superior order of insects. | I'm the best Street Fighter player ever... in my hometown.

Rosalina's #1 fanboy.

My favorite game of all time is World of Warcraft. I have spent an unhealthy amount of time playing it. It's a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

I've adventured through all of the game's race's starting zones, and the one that interested me the most was the Death Knight's. I've gone through it at least a dozen times on different characters because of how fascinating the lore and quests are. One of the characters in this questline is named Baron Rivendare. I first encountered him in Stratholme (before the Wrath of the Lich King expansion), where you slay him for a quest to save what is essentially a hostage. Then, he is resurrected by the Lich King and helps your newly created Death Knight along his/her path of doom.

After the opening zone, he retreats to Naxxramas and becomes one of the new "Four Horsemen". I was drawn to his character because of his design, and his pure insanity. He is lethally committed to the Lich King and will stop at nothing to achieve his sinister goals. He's awesome.

370px-Baron_Rivendare_TCG.jpg?version=2b

baron_rivendare_sfm_by_drfaceart-d5v9k0q

---

This was even the first avatar I used on the forums after switching my name to "Rivendare" a few days after joining:

rivendare2-wowwiki.jpg

• Brohoof 1