mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

Well, I'm a fan of the old Norse gods and viking culture in general. So I wanted to have a username that had something to do with those things. In the end I chose Gestum after Gestum Blindi in the "Hervarar saga". 

(edited)

My name was just born when I made an account named "Sir Peg Leg" on something. That name later expanded to "Sir Peg Leg Pirate". Then I just decided to change the "Sir" to an "A" instead. Been my username on stuff for a couple years now.

Edited by APegLegPirate
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Rainbow Cloud started off as my username on a pokemon forum and has become the username I use everywhere now, I thought it kind of sounds like a pony name anyway :D

The name Rainbow Cloud comes from the final area in the pokemon spin-off game Pokemon Snap where Mew can be found and photographed.  Mew is my favourite pokemon and pokemon snap is an old game I have really fond memories of :)

mew.jpg

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

My username, "Greppertas," comes from a command-line UNIX utility called grep, which can search through files for specified text.

Grepper just means "someone who uses the program grep."

The -tas suffix is just a pseudo-latin ending that I added to lightly prank another user, Raritas.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"MLG" is just means my name and 4Ever part is just out of the Radom yep it's simple

I've had this username sence 2010 or 11 when I was playing Club penguin and just starting to play on private servers (they all, exept for one that I know of, are non-existent/ closed but, not due to C&D)

Edited by MLG4Ever

Easy, I'm a male, hence the colt part, and I'm fourty-five years old. And I don't plan on changing my user name after my b-day, because I still like guns and malt liquor.

Odyssey is one of my favourite words. To me, it has this vibe of grandness, mystery and adventure, much like in the epic poem Homer's Odyssey.

I was lately thinking of changing my username, but yet at the same time, I've been using Odyssey for so long that there isn't any point to change it since people here already remember it.

• Brohoof 4

well my user name is my surname Landon (also the surname of the world's greatest actor Michael Landon) and pinkie shy comes,.. you guessed it.. from fluttershy & pinkie pie put together (my 2 fave ponies) I am shy & quiet & an animal lover like fluttershy & i have a mad sense of humour like pinkie pie (although she is far more outgoing than i am) I just kinda thought it would be cool to add both names together to come up with a user name

• Brohoof 1

So many people have cool and creative backgrounds... I just named myself HailTrixie because I couldn't think of anything :(

Although my username was going to be RarityIsShit but I was muted as soon as I logged into EQTV with that name so I thought it might not be the best idea. When I logged back in as HailTrixie people seemed to like it so that's what I stuck with.

I was named after my Great Grandad and Buzz was his nickname in the navy. He use to tell my dad and uncles about his time in the service, and they decided to start calling him it aswell. When I was given the same name, my father's side of the family decided that it would also be ideal to give me the same nickname!

The story of why I chose my username... Oh boy...... Let's see here... Originally the number 1925 was given to me as a generic username on the first forum I ever started using, centered around a game community for a game I had on my Nintendo DS in about the year 2005-ish. Anyway, that gave me the name there of "user1925"... Now when the sequal to this game released, now that I knew how to actually create my own personal username on the sequel's forum, I just kinda used that same number, just 'cause (and it wasn't even just for a reason of like "so my friends will still recognize me there" because by this point still, I hadn't really made any friends on there at all.) and added my name in, to replace the whole "user" part... And from then on, this has kinda just been a common username for me... :catface:

Eventually though I did come to try to be a little more creative with some usernames, or "gamertags" if you will once I started on Xbox Live, and I ended up keeping one I made that I've now had for about 5 years straight now. But other than that, I tend to just keep this same username for most things on stuff like forums and whatnot. :fluttershy:

Back in high school, I wrote this (admittedly awful) Pokemon fanfiction revolving around a ZangooseXSeviper Pairing (which is still my non-pony OTP to this day). Eventually, the story managed to be popular enough that I wrote a sequel set in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon universe, though I never even came close to finishing it.

Where am I going with all this? Well, the team name for these two "forbidden lovers" was Team PoisonClaw.

• Brohoof 1

My gaming name for all platforms is QuantumPhoss, it is a shortened and typoed version of QuantumPhosphorus. I came up with this about 6 years ago when I was brainstorming names w/ my friends. When I joined Mlpforums and any other brony chat I changed my name to Quantumpony. You could say that this is my fandom name

My gaming name for all platforms is QuantumPhoss, it is a shortened and typoed version of QuantumPhosphorus. I came up with this about 6 years ago when I was brainstorming names w/ my friends. When I joined Mlpforums and any other brony chat I changed my name to Quantumpony. You could say that this is my fandom name

• Brohoof 1

Justin Case is my alias for everything.  I started putting the 001 at the end because "Justin Case" is always already registered for games (although I've never seen another Justin Case in a game, anywhere, ever. :confused: )  I use the underscore because many games and sites don't allow spaces.  So, Justin_Case001 is just the default so it always works, and it's the same name everywhere.  Same name on the Warframe forums.  Same avatar, too!

• Brohoof 1

I created this username a long time ago, and now I use it everywhere. I called myself "Whitewolf" because the wolf is my favorite animal, and I added "White" because white wolves are beautiful, and because it sounds good with "wolf".