Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you ever lost contact with someone awhile back and want to speak to them again but can’t for some reason?

Venomous

Have you ever lost contact with someone a long while ago and now you wish you could associate again but can’t for some reason? Explain.

This is happening to me currently. I lost all contact with someone nearly four years ago and I want to speak with them again but I know that will likely never happen.

866637B9-89F8-4B64-9BD3-6CA16CCB06EE.gif

• Brohoof 5

One of my oldest friends... actually, more like one of my only friends, hasn't contacted me nor have I contacted him in over ten years. I know that he has gotten married though I was never invited to the wedding due to his future wife having an issue with me yet I never did find out why. Aside from that and his stint in the army, I've lost all contact with him. A shame that I never got any details in terms of how I could contact him so the whole thing has become one of those memories of good times that can never be again.

Yeah, there's a few friends I've had over the years who I eventually lost contact with over time, would be nice to talk to them again and find out how they are and what they've been up to since then. It's probably unlikely to happen though.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

Oh gosh, you just remembered of someone I knew back then. It was 19 years ago. I was just 9 years old and got that new Zelda game, Majora's Mask. I met him at that time thanks to another kid and he was so nice, he just borrowed me a guide and I was able to complete the whole game with all masks! Not just because of that, but his whole personality was so pure and friendly. He was the first person I ever wanted to be friends with back then. But...I was too shy to ask. Not long later, I think, he moved to another place and I saw him never again. I remember the exact house where he lived, but I can't remember his name. I just wonder what kind of person he is today. :rarity:

Yes I have unfortunately, an ex I dated online and in real life to be more exact, I may have talked to her just in terms of one word sentences etc a bout 6 or so months back but never much went beyond that. In the end I still really really miss her and secretly still have feelings for her but as I've learned waiting for something that'll never come back is bad for your health gotta keep pushing through! Even if it hurts. 

• Brohoof 4

Like every best friend I made over the course of an hour at a McDonald's play place?

There was one guy I was good friends with on a chatroom site, we hung out in the debate one because we were interested in many topics, plus it was one of the few rooms that we could keep most trolls, sex obsessed adults, and angsty teens out of. Had different political leanings but we were civil and shared the same sense of humor. They left eventually, tired with how ban happy the admin could be, allowing circle arguments with conspiracy nuts to happen constantly, and feeling kind of alone in their beliefs. Missed them for a long time but I don't know if I'd want to talk again now. We got along great, but it was more aligned to that sort of friendship that stays within the workplace only.

Spoiler

I eventually left myself for similar reasons, as there were more liberal minded people in their to begin with so I felt bad for my old friend with the imbalance, but then the 2016 election wrapped up and the place flooded with users from out of nowhere basically screaming victory in all caps and saying lock her up and what not. It lasted for over a month and a new chat room had to be created and run by someone else. When it eventually quieted down, only the original conspiracy nuts stuck around but it died soon after anyways.

Also some of the people I followed on here for a nations based roleplay who aren't active anymore. I'd love to pick their brains over the lands and characters they created so I could have continued the story better.

Happens all the time. I always wonder how they turned out. I actually just encountered someone I didn’t think I’d see again, actually, and she seemed to be doing well. 

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Tulip said:

Yes, though only wish them the best

Annnd, this is one of the people I have wanted to get back in contact with for a long time because I was worried! So glad your're safe my friend! :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Deerie said:

@Blivy Same ;^; lol! <3 i missed you but i also miss the rest i had to leave behind

I'm just glad that you're back...:Daydreaming: Also I'm sorry you had to leave those you cared about behind my friend....:(

• Brohoof 4

I'm glad to have found you back, it was so random too, lol! ;w;

it's okay, you lose and gain some.. this was the better decision for me you already know why ^^"

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Deerie said:

I'm glad to have found you back, it was so random too, lol! ;w;

it's okay, you lose and gain some.. this was the better decision for me you already know why ^^"

Why what now? haha?

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, Deerie said:

Pbbttt blivy i kinda don't wanna spam this chat xD

YEAH, I agree~ Alright everyone go back to normal discussion nothing to see here! :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 4

Aside from you know? Someone who has passed.. I tend not to grow too attached knowing we all have to go on our own separate way eventually. Except I did have one person whom I grew quite attach to but she cut me off without reasons. I’d constantly telling myself she’s not worth thinking over and I shouldn’t care about her anymore. But deep down I’m only lying to myself. It would nice if we talked again or if she just comes to stop by to say hello. Or maybe a proper good bye for closure. 

In general, I don’t mind losing contacts just as long we get a proper good byes.

• Brohoof 1

I met a guy while I was staying with a friend in South Carolina for a few weeks, as he was staying there too.

He went by the nickname 'Ogre', and it kinda fit; he was a LARGE fellow, had jutting lower teeth, and had a rubber eyeball he used to remove at parties when he got drunk.  He was scary-looking... but he had the heart of a child and the kindness of a saint.  He was always finding ways to make me laugh, and I always found ways to make him think.

We carried on for the rest of that month, until he spent his rent money on something OTHER than rent; he was kicked out three days later.  When he left, he accidentally left his little notebook behind... which I promptly claimed, as I wanted to remember him.

This was all the way back in 1998, mind you; I was 21.

About three years ago (at age 39), I found out from a friend of a friend that Ogre had overdosed on painkillers three weeks earlier; it broke my heart, and I actually cried for a bit for the big guy, and spent a good while just thinking about the fun we had together in that single, precious month... and I smile through those tears as I hear him making some dumb joke or dropping his eyeball into someone's drink for a laugh.

Folks, people come and go like busboys in a restaurant... but the memories we make are what we end up taking with us as we surge on ahead in life.  Cherish those moments, as you never know if they will ever come again.

• Brohoof 1

I think I just found someone I didn’t think I’d ever find. 

Sometimes I google people I remember from my childhood. I never find more than a school article mentioning their accomplishments, but I like searching for them anyway. This time was different: I found a Facebook account while looking someone up. A Facebook account in use.

The pictures of the person look exactly like my childhood friend. Her age lines up. She lives in the right state. 

I left a message on her YouTube channel. 

My heart’s kind of racing. I’m just waiting for her to respond now. 

• Brohoof 4