Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What Is Your Opinion On The Debate Symposium Forum?

EpicEnergy

Honestly my care runs a little low these days for the place. I participate from time to time, but I am rather done with the whole "morality" part of debates which goes on there fairly often, I already know where I stand when it comes to moral issues. I mostly respond to threads that concern geopolitics as that is my field. 

From my experience, the people who are most dissatisfied with the forum are either the "I'm just here for ponies" type or the people who have been btfo'ed so hard in that forum that their salt is saltier than the Dead Sea. Not everyone can handle it or argue within the boundaries of the rules without getting too personal and going the ad hominem rout. Takes a lot of levelheadedness to participate there actually~ 

• Brohoof 1

Whatever happens in the debate symposium stays in debate symposium. As much as I like a civil debate, that never happen most of the time....it can get ugly sometime both me and the debater I'm opposing against. But at the end, it's always best not to take it personal or make an enemy with the person. On the positive side, It's insightful and I do like a conversation with people who both shares or oppose different views. Hell, it's actually a better group of people to talk with compare to the other sites I know.