Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Overmarketed Ponies

Homura Akemi

(edited)

I am not attempting to bash any character, but I wanted to know if anyone else agrees. I feel that Rainbow Dash is has too much merchandise. Not overrated, but overmarketed.

I don't hate Rainbow Dash. Heck, she used to be my favorite before it became Twilight. The reason I say this is because a vast majority of marketing is focused on her. I get it - a rainbow pony. It's eye candy. I love rainbows! They're beautiful! However, I feel that other characters such as Rarity and Applejack need more spotlight. (A little Twilight, please, too. :))

I'm just kind of tired of seeing her all over instead of some others. I was looking for a Pinkie Pie shirt the other day, and most of what was available was Rainbow Dash, so I ended up getting a Fluttershy shirt instead. Not a huge deal (first world problems), but something I'd mention.

You don't have to agree, but I was wondering if anyone else wanted to see more merchandise of other characters. If you don't agree, that is okay. I will have nothing against you as long as you don't bash a simple thought. :D

Broohoof! Love the bronies! /][

Edited by Harper
  • Brohoof 6

Rainbow dash is kind of a symbol for bronies everywhere though...

Pinkie Pie is the over marketed one, by far o.o ~

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Totally get that. Hey, she has a nice cutie mark! One of my favorites! Just kind of wish we'd see a little more of the others.

Edited by Harper

I see a lot of Rainbow Dash as well. Kinda annoying to see her that much, but that's cause I don't care for her much at all.

Really? I don't see her much at all when it comes to stores. Online I see her a tad bit more, but still not as much as RD.
  • Brohoof 1

Really? I don't see her much at all when it comes to stores. Online I see her a tad bit more, but still not as much as RD.

I usually go to walmart for my pony fix and it's all pinkie all the time o.o ~

I agree with this. I see Pinkie Pie everywhere. But yeah, I think both Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are over saturating the merchandise, but I think it's because they're the most popular and best selling among kids. I think that's why they discontinued the Fashion Style Rarity and Applejack. I think they just weren't selling as well as the others.
  • Brohoof 1

Funny enough this is true!

She's like the Mascot for MLPFIM and she's not even the Mane character (most of the time)

Rainbow Dash seems to only be overmarketed when someone takes Bronies specifically into consideration.

Like 90% of Hot Topic's bad shirt selection is about Rainbow Dash.

---

I feel bad for poor Applejack though... she's the most undermarketed since Hasbro tends to forget her hat! :(

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think she gets too much love. Personally I think she's a jerk and doesn't really represent her element of harmony. (also i just don't like her that much)

But Pinkie Pie is the best and she deserves to be overmarketed :U

Edited by JKonathan

Pinkie is best pony Shankveld, you must realize it! :3
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow and Pinkie are arguably the most stick-out characters of the bunch. pinkie is hyperactive to a fault, Rainbow is classic tomboy athletic girl. I do think they are over-marketed in comparison to everyone else, but it doesn't really bother me.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite ponies are Pinkie, Twilight and then Applejack... and trying to find merchandise for the last two is crazy! I don't mind seeing as much Pinkie as I do, but I would like to see the others get some face time as well. All the ponies deserve to get some love too, but sometimes, it might just be where you are shopping and what the target market is. :)

(edited)

Posted Image

Sees product shown in fantasy situation:

Posted Image

(I had to do that sorry)

Rainbow Dash is a symbol of Bronies, why? She's tomboyish, lovable, athletic, and has a large amount of fans.

Pinkie Pie is marketed by Hasbro, because she is Pink (stereotypically loved by girls), a bit girly, and cute. Edited by SamtheLegoman
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Well, when my favorite ponies are Rainbow Dash and Pinkie.... I see no problem in this

but I guess other characters need a bit of the spotlight as well

..... like Rarity :3

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree that there is a lot of Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash stuff. This does not automatically make me a hater though. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are like the symbols of Bronies. Though I also have to agree that the rest of the mane 6 need some attention too.