Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Life Bad

Steve Piranha

I wonder why the title of this topic is "Pony Life Bad"? Is it a bad show, badly made/designed? Or is it bad influence for Bronies? Or is it just bad for the FIM legacy (which I believe it is)?

On 5/30/2020 at 9:46 AM, Splashee said:

I wonder why the title of this topic is "Pony Life Bad"? Is it a bad show, badly made/designed? Or is it bad influence for Bronies? Or is it just bad for the FIM legacy (which I believe it is)?

I think it's a parody meant to poke fun at people who hate the show for being different.

• Brohoof 1

If it stands on its own merits, then that's fine, but I think there are plenty of reasonable criticisms to be leveled at TTG outside of its handling of its characters. Who's to say Pony Life won't be bad for other reasons? It could just have awful jokes, or bad animation, or some such thing. People are fair to criticize that, especially if they enjoyed the humor of G4 better.

It just meh. While I not a huge fan of the art style. Then again I wasn't a big of the art direction the 2017 movie. However the 2017 capture the charm of FiM, while Pony Life don't seem to capture the charm of FiM. Still I'll give it a go just to see what it is like.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Pony Life is bad, I find it very entertaining. There's a reason it is more of a G4.5, because it isn't supposed to be like the show and therefore shouldn't be held towards the show's standards.

On 6/5/2020 at 8:39 PM, Esoteric said:

I think it's a parody meant to poke fun at people who hate the show for being different.

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate

(edited)

Ummmmm.... Yeah, not impressed...:confused::dry:

BUT I just am picky when it comes to animation detail and writing.

It's like the mane 6 all got into some "chemicals" they shouldn't have or something.

The episodes are too spazzy and disjointed for my taste. I'm also not not a fan of the art style ESPECIALLY THE JELLYBEAN MOUTH THING they have going on. :baconmane:

Their hooves really bug me too for some reason.

I've seen worse, but If I saw this before G4 I wouldn't have any interest in this. There are several things that lined up SPECIFICALLY which led to me liking G4 that aren't present here.

All in all it's disappointing, but not unexpected. It just reminds me of the trend of shrinking budgets that made me stop liking newer animation as much. When quality goes down, so does my attention.

I KNOW this isn't FIM, but it just doesn't interest me. If you enjoy it great! Don't let me rain on your parade. I just don't care for it's level of goofiness.

The positive of this Pony Life thing is that the VA cast had some extra time to work together on these. They probably had fun.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

This is simply a cheap means to maintain interest in MLP. Now that G4 is far past its heyday and G5 has been seemingly delayed it makes sense Hasbro would do something like this. Lego made that unikitty series to keep the Lego movie IP in the public eye and Hasbro are doing the same. This series will go on for two seasons maximum before being phased out as generation five launches.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I aware that is a gag series, I know it's a different style and a little bit more for actual kids. That said, I personally can't stand it. Probably not because it's inherently bad because obviously there's a lot of people that love it and find it entertaining which is the ultimate purpose of it, but because that nonsense spastic rubber-hose anime-western style of cartoons is definitely not a thing that I enjoy as an adult person that still watches cartoons for some reason. I don't like SpongeBob, I didn't care for teen Titans, I can't put up with adventure time or Steven universe for too long until i start to feel my neurons slowly die one by one. I'm a lot more for other styles and content. 

So. I don't think I'll see ever see it. Will wait for the next installment.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

You shouldn't take something that's not meant to be a comedy and turn it into one. You just shouldn't. Cartoon Network tried it with Teen Titans when they made Teen Titans Go and look at how that turned out. This is literally the My Little Pony version of Teen Titans Go. And yet all I see is people loving it. Why? Can someone enlighten me please? I for one think this series is frigging horrible. I respect your opinion if you like it. But please respect that I do not.

• Brohoof 1

I was annoyed by the negative overreactions to the marketing early on, but if I'm being honest I wouldn't even bother with this if it didn't involve ponies. It doesn't make a lick of sense and isn't particularly funny even on a basic slapstick level. The occasions it is actually funny feel akin to a blind squirrel finding a nut. 

All the same I'm hopelessly hooked to tuning in every Sunday just cuz I need weekly cute right now with everything else in the world being so terrible.

20 hours ago, Asbel Lhant said:

Cartoon Network tried it with Teen Titans when they made Teen Titans Go and look at how that turned out

Yeah. 6 seasons and a theatrical film(one that was more successful critically than MLP's I might add)

image.thumb.png.ca5667c983029ad9a554516b2245c8d6.png

Obviously it's successful and plenty of people are liking it just fine. Whether TTG will age poorly is irrelevant.

And if most of the people watching it hate it so much that they need to hate watch it....well they need to get a life lol

16 minutes ago, Megas said:

Yeah. 6 seasons and a theatrical film(one that was more successful critically and than MLP's I might add)

image.thumb.png.ca5667c983029ad9a554516b2245c8d6.png

Obviously it's successful and plenty of people are liking it just fine. Whether TTG will age poorly is irrelevant.

And if most of the people watching it hate it so much that they need to hate watch it....well they need to get a life lol

Reminds me of how Boss Baby did better than Beauty and The Beast at the box office. All the more proof that this world is going to Hell. People would rather watch silly immature nonsensical garbage instead of stuff that's actually compelling and motivating with a solid plot and good story.

I know children would rather watch silly stuff instead of intelligent well made stuff but that doesn't mean that they should.

The reason why the old cartoons from our childhoods were replaced with what we have now is because they thought those shows were not as popular with kids because they know kids don't like dark, gritty, or intelligent stuff as much as silly nonsensical stuff. It's still better for them to watch intelligent and wellmade stuff instead of mindrotting stupidity. Kids would rather eat sweets like cookies and candy etc. for breakfast too but that doesn't mean that they should. And as if that weren't bad enough a lot of kids can't even get education anymore because of this stupid virus. Makes me worry all the more for our future. The children of today were already rotting their brains with garbage like Teen Titans Go, Clarence and Uncle Grandpa etc. but now they're being deprived of education too on top of that.

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Asbel Lhant said:

Reminds me of how Boss Baby did better than Beauty and The Beast at the box office. All the more proof that this world is going to Hell. People would rather watch silly immature nonsensical garbage instead of stuff that's actually compelling and motivating with a solid plot and good story.

Kind of a bad comparison. If you're talking about the BatB remake, that made over a billion dollars. If you're talking about the original movie, that came out in 1991, and made 440, which, when adjusted for inflation in 2017 is actually $790 Million vs Boss Baby's $528 Million in the same year, the original still made money at the time

27 minutes ago, Asbel Lhant said:

I know children would rather watch silly stuff instead of intelligent well made stuff but that doesn't mean that they should.

I don't watch cartoons to be enlightened. There's nothing wrong with watching cartoons just to have fun

29 minutes ago, Asbel Lhant said:

And as if that weren't bad enough a lot of kids can't even get education anymore because of this stupid virus. Makes me worry all the more for our future. The children of today were already rotting their brains with garbage like Teen Titans Go, Clarence and Uncle Grandpa etc. but now they're being deprived of education too on top of that. 

uuuuuuhhhhhh yeah, if people are relying on cartoons to teach kids about anything, let alone everything, to the point where it affects how they grow, then there's probably something wrong more with our society than the stuff they watch on TV

I'm obviously talking about the remake. Boss Baby was still more popular though.

I worry about the future of our society don't you? It was bad enough that Cartoon Network took away all the good shows and started airing only this brainrotting garbage that will only kill kids' brain cells and lower their IQs. But now schools are closing on top of that.

Every generation worries about the kids these days

But as for the movie comparisons, I would be very hesitant to say the MLP movie has any kind of moral high ground as far as artistic quality is concerned. Haven't seen TTG movie but if critics liked it, I don't really have a reason to dispute them.

On 8/24/2020 at 7:03 AM, Asbel Lhant said:

I'm obviously talking about the remake. Boss Baby was still more popular though.

I worry about the future of our society don't you? It was bad enough that Cartoon Network took away all the good shows and started airing only this brainrotting garbage that will only kill kids' brain cells and lower their IQs. But now schools are closing on top of that.

I mean I worry about the future of society and it's kids a lot, but I highly doubt it's because of the cartoons they watch lol

• Brohoof 1

On 7/3/2020 at 7:34 AM, Cirrus. said:

They probably had fun

The number 1 thing a Brony would say.

The truth is, a voice actor of any show, no matter how fun it actually is, or not, always says it is fun to their fans, so they don't lose their careers.

If I were a voice actor for Teen Titans Go , I sure would make sure I said to my fans I hate it. And then try to get a new job, only to find out no one wants a voice actor that says that publicly.

There is nothing worse to me than Bronies saying how fun the voice actors had, implying it is because they are being cute ponies :dry: a job is a job, and it is fun if you want to keep doing it for a living. No offense

16 hours ago, Splashee® said:

The number 1 thing a Brony would say.

The truth is, a voice actor of any show, no matter how fun it actually is, or not, always says it is fun to their fans, so they don't lose their careers.

If I were a voice actor for Teen Titans Go , I sure would make sure I said to my fans I hate it. And then try to get a new job, only to find out no one wants a voice actor that says that publicly.

There is nothing worse to me than Bronies saying how fun the voice actors had, implying it is because they are being cute ponies :dry: a job is a job, and it is fun if you want to keep doing it for a living. No offense

#1 thing a brony would say????

implying it is because they are being cute ponies ??????   What?:huh:

I'm going to imply you're just having a bad day or something.

Judging from interviews, social media, and bloopers from G4, the MLP voice actors seem to genuinely get along and have fun. They are together recording except for Tara who is in L.A., not Vancouver. They didn't have to do Pony Life. Cathy Wesluck didn't continue as Spike.

I've heard numerous voice actors say that dubbing and recording lines for video games isn't as fun as recording together.

I reasonably guessed they had fun because they seem to have good workplace chemistry, not specifically because it's MLP.

Edited by Cirrus.

7 hours ago, Cirrus. said:

I'm going to imply you're just having a bad day or something.

I believe what I said. I am no voice actor, but I do have a job that require me to say things in a positive way in order to keep my job. I get money to live that way. And if I had any fans, I would still value my job over saying the truth to them, because I need to live.

Also, being a voice actor to a show like Pony Life must certainly be fun. Like working at a daycare "fun"

• Brohoof 1

On 6/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, Esoteric said:

Exactly! That's why i love it. Because it points out that its not the bronies who keeps them alive its the kids who love to watch stuff like this.. thus teen titans go.... They prefer money than the cashless fans....

6 hours ago, Splashee® said:

I believe what I said. I am no voice actor, but I do have a job that require me to say things in a positive way in order to keep my job. I get money to live that way. And if I had any fans, I would still value my job over saying the truth to them, because I need to live.

I get that the VA's aren't going to badmouth projects that they're working on. If they hated it or something, they could leave and make up some other excuse for leaving. I was just saying that of all the stuff I've read and seen of/by the voice acting crew over the years, and by how good the voice acting (In G4) was for the kind of show MLP is, I get the vibe overall that they enjoy(ed) working on MLP. I think they genuinely were glad to get a fun gig that lasted so long and took off like it did. I don't think the voice acting would have come out as good if they hated each other or hated being there, for NINE seasons no less!:laugh: 

mean.png.31ed58e8514429a6e2480dd574c000a1.png

Oh I almost forgot that they were doing all the Equestria Girls stuff at the same time too.(which I was definitely NOT a fan of that either.:mlp_confused:) The VA's did a good job in that also. I didn't like it because it was one of those "high school scene" settings.

6 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Also, being a voice actor to a show like Pony Life must certainly be fun. Like working at a daycare "fun" 

Recording for Pony Life must be a workout for them. But hey, they seem to be pretty goofy so maybe they actually do find it fun to be obnoxious all day at work.^_^ Who really knows. maybe now they're like "what did I sign up for?" :scoots:

I don't care for Pony Life and it's obnoxiousness, I for sure don't end up "feelin' good as hell" :mlp_icwudt: from watching it. More like rather irked and annoyed. :dry: However I'm still glad the VA's can still have something to work together on.

Edited by Cirrus.