Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you extroverted or introverted as a child?

Reecejackox

I was extroverted. I was making noise, playing in public, screaming, and not caring what other people thought. As long as I had a friend of family with me that is.

As a kid I was actually pretty extroverted. I didn't care what anyone thought, I just wanted to talk to my friends and have fun. I think that started changing around seventh grade, and late sophomore year of high school was when it really turned around and I became extremely introverted.

Even as a child, I've always been pretty introverted. Back then, I was even more socially awkward then I am now. It was until I was 14 or 15 when I started to break out of my shell a little.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Is it even possible to switch form extraversion to introversion or vice versa? I've always been an introvert, even though when I was a kid I used to communicate with people more often. Although a lot of people consider introversion a character flaw, I don't what to chage this trait, and I don't think I even can do it.

Edited by Oleks
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

I was extroverted. I was making noise, playing in public, screaming, and not caring what other people thought. As long as I had a friend of family with me that is.

I still scream and make noise in public :yay:

As for my answer to the prompt, I’d say I was pretty extroverted. I loved finding other people I could be friends with and I always talked people’s ears off, especially my parents’. I didn’t have the insecurities I do now so that’s probably part of it.

I was very introverted as a child and very shy too. My parents didn't really have me play with other kids when I was really little (there were no other kids in our neighborhood) so by the time I got to school I didn't really know how to interact with others. I remember always trying to hide during recess...

• Brohoof 1

Introverted though obviously still an introvert. Never really been one for seeking out other peoples attention however I was told and shown on video that I was very hyper and extroverted as a child. Like I literally yelled then walked to a girl and kissed her on her lips I don't know why I did that. Yet then again if I had kept that enthusiasm I would be more popular with women or being so introverted I simply am oblivious to it.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/6/2020 at 6:33 PM, Oleks said:

Is it even possible to switch form extraversion to introversion or vice versa? I've always been an introvert, even though when I was a kid I used to communicate with people more often. Although a lot of people consider introversion a character flaw, I don't what to chage this trait, and I don't think I even can do it.

I've also always been an introvert, but I was also extremely shy when I was young. The shyness faded away over the years and the introversion stood. I tried to be different, just to make the experience and...I didn't enjoy it at all. It's always a good thing to try different things out, to learn more about the world and yourself.

I like and support your mindset, you really shouldn't change your true nature. If you are happy the way you are, then there is absolutely no reason to. :)

• Brohoof 1

I never really had friends when I was younger, so I was pretty introverted around others at some point 

except there was this short ‘era’ in which I did go feral extroverted... we don’t talk about that :ButtercupLaugh:

50249.gif

I've been an introvert my entire life. The only way I was able to really make any friends is if someone talked to me first. In terms of offline interaction, I have a sort of innate anxiety when it comes to any kind of social interaction with someone I don't know. As such I tend to avoid most interaction like that. That's how I've always been. I vividly remember my first day of kindergarten. I pretty much isolated myself and spoke to no one. Others had to talk to me first and even then I was awkward and stilted. That really hasn't changed much all these years later.

I was introverted around strangers when I was little, but outgoing and extroverted among my own family. Now I'm outgoing and extroverted among strangers, so I guess I've finally mastered the art of annoying everyone.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Dreambiscuit said:

I was introverted around strangers when I was little, but outgoing and extroverted among my own family. Now I'm outgoing and extroverted among strangers, so I guess I've finally mastered the art of annoying everyone.

You’re not annoying. :kindness:

• Thanks 1