Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What's One Thing You'll Never Do Again?

qib

For me, it would be rock climbing :blink:

The thing is, its not the way up thats scary, its the way down thats scary! Mine had it where a machine automatically tightened the rope when you jumped down, but still, what if the machine broke. :glimmer: Definitely too much uncertainty :yeahno: 

What's One Thing You'll Never Do Again?

(I got this idea from my good friend @Cagey:catface:

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Drip water on a hot light bulb. My curiosity occasionally got me in trouble as a kid, but if you live, you do learn from it! :awwthanks:

Danger detected *waving flag of danger*

No play with electricity and water, ever!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Splashee said:

Danger detected *waving flag of danger*

No play with electricity and water, ever!

Indeed. The more pressing problem, though, was that the glass bulb straight up EXPLODED and shot glass everywhere.

1/10, would not recommend... :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

Indeed. The more pressing problem, though, was that the glass bulb straight up EXPLODED and shot glass everywhere.

1/10, would not recommend... :sealed:

Danger, ShadOBabe is crazy!

Seriously though, let's not ever try to do things like that. Electricity is not a play thing. It is life-threatening dangerous.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Seriously though, let's not ever try to do things like that. Electricity is not a play thing. It is life-threatening dangerous.

LOL, yes, thank you mom. That was about 18 years ago. I was twelve.

• Brohoof 1

This thread reminds me of a YouTube video I once saw, about letting a laundry machine roam free. Absolutely something the YouTube creator wouldn't ever do again.

I'd say going to Las Vegas. It's like being cooked in the oven there and it ain't that awe or nice as it was advertised.  If you want to be broke there be my guest, but not my type or ideal for a vacation. 

49 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

LOL, yes, thank you mom. That was about 18 years ago. I was twelve.

Wow, I don't feel like a mummy now that Shad's age has been revealed on this topic.

But I'll pick some notes on ShadOBabe's lightbulb frag 'nades

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Wow, I don't feel like a mummy now that Shad's age has been revealed on this topic.

But I'll pick some notes on ShadOBabe's lightbulb frag 'nades

LOL!! Yeah, I’ll be 30 in December. And I’m not even close to being the oldest on this site, either.

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

LOL!! Yeah, I’ll be 30 in December. And I’m not even close to being the oldest on this site, either.

Fills up my heart with happiness. That means I can talk hip slang and dress like a clown with ugly flat caps and ear expanders?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Fills up my heart with happiness. That means I can talk hip slang and dress like a clown with ugly flat caps and ear expanders?

Flat caps are cute if you can pull them off. Ear expanders... ehhhh, I mean... you do you, I guess. XD

I don't say this happily, but marching band. With that said, the vast majority of people my age will never experience that again anyway. It's just that after high school I had the dream to someday march on saxophone in my college days.

(That's a longggg story.) My first years were at a community college and I didn't have a saxophone back then. My grandma very kindly bought me a tenor saxophone before transferring. The Spring before I transferred. But for some reason I now no longer can explain I didn't take the time to learn the instrument over that summer. The opportunity would return for me at the university I went to years later, and this is the saddest thing. I no longer could physically do it. I had to explain that to my band director... Scholarship students were supposed to do marching band, but I physically couldn't. And I was completely heart-broken. In my "senior" year there I could have had the opportunity to play all three instruments in my signature at once and that would have been super special... But...no.

Now I really can't do it. I can't even have a job on my feet anymore. There's no chance in heck I can ever march again.:(

14 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Flat caps are cute if you can pull them off. Ear expanders... ehhhh, I mean... you do you, I guess. XD

How can one pull a flat cap off?! XD

Like, bong-heads are deeply related to the flat cap look :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

Making an oil fire.

You know that life hack where you use a crayon as a candle? It works great if you use a Crayola branded one. I was using crazy art or something, and the dang things would light properly. I held a lighter to each one and they just melted into a puddle at the bottom of my metal bin because safety first. One little piece of paper was on fire but I felt I had wasted enough time and decided to quench my disspointment. Dumping water onto hot oil in the presence of  an open flame is a bad idea. The splash atomized the oil mid air, making it highly volatile. This resulted in a three foot high fireball, and unless you have a means to cut off oxygen, there's nothing you can do but let it burn out.

No bodily harm or damage to the physical surroundings occurred, but a shed easilly could have been burnt down that afternoon.

Open a Ritz Bits bag without scissors. One time it was open just a tiny bit but it was hard to get anything out so I thought I could open it wider. Well, I did that, and I spilled them all over the floor. :muffins: