Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any ideas for other equine based races?

Zalgo

My husband drew a kirin! He said I can post a picture later after he scans it, but it's not a priority for him right now so it might not be until tomorrow. :( It's really awesome though. He made her look a little Asian since they are kind of the Asian equivalent to Unicorns. :)

My husband drew a kirin! He said I can post a picture later after he scans it, but it's not a priority for him right now so it might not be until tomorrow. :( It's really awesome though. He made her look a little Asian since they are kind of the Asian equivalent to Unicorns. :)

Uhm, please do some explaining.

What is a Kirin.

Dude, cyborg ponies would be kickass.

I would start a revolution with them.

I knew Cyborg ponies would be brilliant!

But we would have to regulate them... less they become.... THE BORG!

I knew Cyborg ponies would be brilliant!

But we would have to regulate them... less they become.... THE BORG!

They would become me.

IMAGINE IF MY OC PINKIE PIE TERMINATOR BECAME REAL.

Uhm, please do some explaining.

What is a Kirin.

Its sort of the Asian version of a unicorn, like I said, at least, that's what I've heard it called. I just wikied it and it says it's more lie a chimera. Either way, it's a hooved creature from Chinese mythology. They are drawn and sculpted in a lot of different ways, so they look different depending on who draws them. I would google it if I were you. :lol:

Its sort of the Asian version of a unicorn, like I said, at least, that's what I've heard it called. I just wikied it and it says it's more lie a chimera. Either way, it's a hooved creature from Chinese mythology. They are drawn and sculpted in a lot of different ways, so they look different depending on who draws them. I would google it if I were you. :lol:

Oh, that makes much more since.

Post it when you have the chance!

Cloven hooved ponies? A bit like goats but ponyish maybe. I can see them doing a Sea Pony type race as well as more Zebras. Dragon wing ponies would be super awesome. Maybe they'll do horses, bigger and stronger than ponies and perhaps very haughty. Maybe they'll have My Little Donkeys :lol: Perhaps they'll do a fairy pony type of thing.

I have a feeling that there will probably be some form of sea pony at some point. They have air, earth, and energy (magic) ponies so it makes sense to do water. Oooh!! Maybe they'll have fire ponies!!!

I personally am good with the three (well, four, technically) races as they are... although I find jewel-eyed ponies particularly creepy for some reason. And I don't really like sea ponies either because ponies do just seem like primarily land creatures as someone said.

Oh god, please no! :P

How about Night ponies? Ponies that are entirely nocturnal. Maybe they could look a bit like Luna's guards.

Posted Image

But I do approve of this. I think night ponies would be a cool idea.

I've also seen some people on DA draw unicorns with classic lion's tails like the old legends. So maybe that could be part of the pony races.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Oh god, please no! tongue.png

How about Night ponies? Ponies that are entirely nocturnal. Maybe they could look a bit like Luna's guards.

img-50784-1-Nightmare_Nightguards2ep4.pn

Actually one made a good possibly for that. Princess Luna employs half dragons to be her guards, which I understand not everyone would like because some people wouldn't like the idea of crossbreeds.

Oh god, please no! img-1085714-1-tongue.png

img-50784-1-Nightmare_Nightguards2ep4.pn

At the moment, the fandom name for these appears to be 'bat-ponies'. I disagree with that name, because it doesn't explain the eyes. I've also seen 'lunar ponies'. Personally, Night Ponies seems fine to me, but I've been calling them Shadow Ponies.

Sombra is referred to as a unicorn in the Crystal Empire episode, and no reference is made to the fact he's sufficiently different from a normal unicorn to be remarkable. Curved horn, slit eyes, fangs. And there are these Luna Guards who are sufficiently different from a normal pegasi that they too should have been remarkable. Leathery wings, slit eyes, tuffed ears.

I've been thinking of them as odd variants of the standard ponies, that have some connection to Nightmare Moon (who also had the eyes, fangs, etc.) Possibly that's why Luna seemed upset with Celestia and Twilight in the Crystal Empire episode. Maybe she viewed Sombra as being her fault and therefore her responsibility to take care of, and Celestia refused and sent Twilight instead.

Edited by Fhaolan

At the moment, the fandom name for these appears to be 'bat-ponies'. I disagree with that name, because it doesn't explain the eyes. I've also seen 'lunar ponies'. Personally, Night Ponies seems fine to me, but I've been calling them Shadow Ponies.

Sombra is referred to as a unicorn in the episode, and no reference is made to the fact he's sufficiently different from a normal unicorn to be remarkable. Curved horn, slit eyes, fangs. And there are these Luna Guards who are sufficiently different from a normal pegasi that they too should have been remarkable. Leathery wings, slit eyes, tuffed ears.

I've been thinking of them as odd variants of the standard ponies, that have some connection to Nightmare Moon (who also had the eyes, fangs, etc.) Possibly that's why Luna seemed upset with Celestia and Twilight in the Crystal Empire episode. Maybe she viewed Sombra as being her fault and therefore her responsibility to take care of, and Celestia refused and sent Twilight instead.

Or it could be the armour, as do you not remember how solar and lunar guards look alike? They were a special type of armour that changes their appearance, and when they take it off they look like other ponies.