Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Take Somepony Under Your Wing

Scootaloo

Hey Everypony, 

I know today is a day the Dash made my life 20% cooler by taking me under her wing. Who would you do that for? Who has done that for you? Is their any pony from Ponyville or beyond that you wish would? 
Share anything like that here and remember always be awesome to each other. 
Rainbow Dash & Scootaloo - I'm so proud of you, little buddy. You've taught  me a thing or two - YouTube

• Brohoof 8

• This topic was featured and pinned

I was taken under the wing of the Jedi that trained me who got me where I am today. As for learning from somepony from ponyville it would likely be Luna. While Dashie and Pinkie are best ponies whom I would want to hang with. Lunas would be the mentorship would likely be what I needed to grow. 

• Brohoof 2

I can think of three or four kids (well, teens now) in my life whom I’d take under my wing as younger siblings if I could. 

I don’t know if I’d want to be under the wings of anypony in the show, though. Maybe Luna or Celestia. Or Granny Smith.  

• Brohoof 3

I've had a number of people who've been significantly helpful, but not one that particularly stands out (plus a whole bunch of people who've attempted to help me, but didn't have the ability to provide the help I actually needed - which in a way has left me feeling like Scootaloo, in the sense that nopony ever thought to remind her that Equestria is no stranger to aeronautical engineering).

As for a pony mentor, I'd most likely want Twilight. Celestia is a bit too fond of sneaky "trickster mentor" shenanigans for my liking.

Edited by HedonismBot

It’s definitely you, Scootaloo, the rest of the CMC and the Mane Six. :squee: I’ve learned so much from all of you in particular and you’ve all been role-models of mine since the beginning. :mlp_ooh: I would gladly do absolutely everything for every single one of you and I really do mean that. :twismile: Every lesson that all of you have learned, I always try to learn too. :mlp_smug:

You guys are beyond awesome and you’re a million-and-twenty-percent-cooler than anypony else! :wub:

There are some special and important friends of mine here on MLP Forums who have done so much for me and made my life so much happier and I love them with all of my heart.

You all make me so happy and I owe you all for making my time here an amazing one.

I know this is going to sound a bit strange but my cousin @chaosprincess took me under her wing when I was 14. She really taught me a lot of important things and got me out of my shell. But most importantly she taught me how to stand up for myself since I was a pretty timid person. Which I still am a bit but I know she has my back when I really need it.

• The topic was unfeatured

For me, one of my old teachers back in primary school took me under her wing. :adorkable: Well, she was more of an assistant teacher, but nevertheless, she helped support me during some tough times when I was in school, where I was very timid and shy. Back then, I hated going to school, didn't have any friends in my class, and felt very lonely most of the time :sunny:, but this teacher always took the time to help me with whatever I needed, both with school work and just trying to make me feel happy in general. :fluttershy: And sometimes, when I sit outside during recess and/or lunch by myself, she would see me and come sit next to me and we'd have a nice little conversation together. :kindness:

Edited by RaraLover
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

I was taken under the wing of many people, but their wing proved corrupt. I wish someone like Twilight or Celestia could guide me on a good path. I would take any of my friends under my wing.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently do not have anyone who is my mentor. However, I do used to have one of my chemistry professor who was my mentor for this one funded research I did as a college student. She was the only professor unlike any other who doesn't mentor their student just because they're cash cow to them. She actually cares about her students and making sure we are actually learning. She was very patient with me while I was working with this research with her and some other students.  During my college years, I lost confident in myself and being hard on myself for being a failure as a student and losing interests in learning.  But this research and along with her mentoring, it gives me something to look forward to in learning. I always love Chemistry and just when I about to lose passion for it, she retaught me to love it again through this work and her teaching. Unfortunately, the university fired her because of her teaching method was not corresponding with the schooling system. While it was hard to say good byes, I will never forget the time we worked on this research and what she has taught me.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unpinned