Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Spike every Element of Harmony put together?

FlareGun45

(edited)

Spike being a seventh element of harmony? Forget that! We don't even know if such thing exists! If Spike is anything - he's basically every Element of Harmony put together.

How do I know that? He's basically passed every trial of friendship throughout the series!

* Generosity: In Secret of my Excess, after he gave Rarity the fire ruby he really wanted to eat, but decided to give it to her cause she really wanted it. In Gauntlet of Fire, he gave the Bloodstone Scepter to Ember and let her be the Dragon Lord instead of him.

* Honesty: Finally telling Rarity the truth from the Inspiration Manifestation spell to save her. He also always tells his friends whenever they do something wrong, even if they don't always listen to him.

* Kindness: Showing kindness to those who are either misunderstood or did bad in the past, such as Starlight, Ember, Thorax, and Discord, by either helping them with their problems or just simply giving them a chance to hang out.

* Laughter: He's humorous, he's proven that multiple times in the series! :P 

* Loyalty: He risked his heroic status in the Crystal Empire to stand up for Thorax, and no matter how many mistakes his friends make, or how mistreated he gets, he never abandons them.

Put them all together and that creates the Element of Magic! So basically, nobody knows it yet, not even him, but Spike is probably the greatest friend the pony world has ever known! 

It's proven that he has some kinda connection to the Tree of Harmony. The sonic rainboom that gave all of the Mane Six their cutie marks is how he became born. He got a throne at the Castle of Friendship. He was part of the final climax in the series finale, and unlike the Mane Six, Student 6, and Pillars, we dunno what his connection with the Tree IS! 

So depending on how the comic writers execute things, and even be able to think about all this, Spike has the potential to do BIG things! Let's hope it doesn't get wasted - Spike has bad luck like that. But it's about time for Spike to finally fulfill his own destiny!

Edited by FlareGun45

1 hour ago, FlareGun45 said:

It's proven that he has some kinda connection to the Tree of Harmony.

How so?

If you're going to say the Cutie map sent him on a mission, don't forget that the Map also sent Sunburst and Starlight on a mission. I think it's clear that the Cutie Map is capable of sending anyone on some kind of mission regardless of their status, species, or background. So in other words anybody can have a connection to the tree of Harmony, or rather the Spirit of Harmony since even when the Tree is destroyed, the spirit that took on the appearance of a sparkling Twilight Sparkle still communicated with the Young 6

As much as Spike is one of my favorite character I have to point out some holes in your logic here.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

He got a throne at the Castle of Friendship.

The reason for that is very simple and obvious that it's practically not all that special compared to everything else. He's Twilight's #1 assistant and so the Spirit of Harmony basically granted him a seat by Twilight's side. Not necessarily because he represents an Element of Virtue

• Brohoof 1

Finally! :BornAgainBrony: Some Spike love! ^_^ I was just thinking of that and all those examples I immediately thought of. :rarity:

There was also a moment in the movie when the Mane Six separated on the beach and there is a great subtle Spike moment where as they walk off, he stands there for a moment, then turns and goes with Twilight. That is some pretty strong Loyalty! :ph3ar:

(edited)
9 hours ago, Will Guide said:

How so?

If you're going to say the Cutie map sent him on a mission, don't forget that the Map also sent Sunburst and Starlight on a mission. I think it's clear that the Cutie Map is capable of sending anyone on some kind of mission regardless of their status, species, or background. So in other words anybody can have a connection to the tree of Harmony, or rather the Spirit of Harmony since even when the Tree is destroyed, the spirit that took on the appearance of a sparkling Twilight Sparkle still communicated with the Young 6

As much as Spike is one of my favorite character I have to point out some holes in your logic here.

Regardless, he's the greatest friend in the entire series and it should be acknowledged, at least. If Friendship is Magic, then dang, his magic must be pretty powerful! 

If he only he believed in himself more - that's pretty much his only issue, his insecurity, and lack of confidence and independence. After that, only then can he finally be at his full potential just in time for his ambassador career to begin!

Edited by FlareGun45

Interesting.  I was actually considering making a thread arguing that Spike is the true bearer of the Element of Loyalty.  He's far more loyal than Rainbow in my view.  Spike's loyalty to Twilight is nothing short of heroic.  Completely unwavering.  Every single time that there was a moment where Twilight had to go one way, and the others had to go another, Spike never hesitated to follow Twilight.  For instance, when the gang suggested that Twilight return to Ponyville in Princess Twilight Sparkle on account of her being too important to risk her safety, Spike followed her without a second of hesitation.  When Twilight said that she had to retrieve the crystal heart herself, Spike followed her anyway.  When Celestia forbade Spike from accompanying Twilight to the human world in the first Equestria Girls, he followed her anyway.  And perhaps most remarkable of all, he didn't hesitate for a second to accept the position of royal advisor.  That's a lot to ask of someone.  It's not something he trained for or signed up for, but it didn't matter.  Where Twilight goes, he follows.  He'll act as her right hoof for as long as she lives.  Nothing can ever separate him from her.  Most loyal character ever.

7 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

Good question.....

I have no idea.

I guess he's the Element of Courageous?

2 hours ago, Asbel Lhant said:

Starlight Glimmer could've been either Mercy or Forgiveness. Spike could've been Courage I guess.

No no, I'm not talking about a Seventh Element. I'm talking about he being all six put together.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

No no, I'm not talking about a Seventh Element. I'm talking about he being all six put together.

Oh okay. Hmm, yeah, I guess you could put it that way.

Any character can exhibit all 6 elements of harmony because they are all basically virtues (excluding magic). Or in other words, any character generally speaking has the capability of being generous, kind, honest, full of laughter, and loyal. It's not moments of exhibiting one of the elements of harmony but rather continuously exhibiting in an substantial way one of the elements of harmony. For Spike to be an embodiment of an element of harmony, or all of them, he would have to continuously exhibit in a substantial way that element(s).

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

Any character can exhibit all 6 elements of harmony because they are all basically virtues (excluding magic). Or in other words, any character generally speaking has the capability of being generous, kind, honest, full of laughter, and loyal. It's not moments of exhibiting one of the elements of harmony but rather continuously exhibiting in an substantial way one of the elements of harmony. For Spike to be an embodiment of an element of harmony, or all of them, he would have to continuously exhibit in a substantial way that element(s).

Pretty much this. All of the Mane 6 have moments of exemplifying other elements besides their own. It would make more sense for Spike to be a seventh element. 

• Brohoof 1