Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you have still watched Friendship is Magic if it had cringey ads?

AveryGamerDude

I'm not sure if the title makes any sense, so I'll explain. Would you have kept watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic if it had cringey as heck commercials and stuff? The show and the fandom are the same as they are now, but in commercials, the Mane 6 would dab, do the Fortnite dance, or whatever is "hip" and "trendy" at the time. I would have personally, because I've learned not to judge shows by their commercials. :laugh: What about you?

I would not be a watcher anymore. Ads are a transgression against the free state of mind. It is truly an intrusive and insidious practice against the mind of people. But this world is nothing, if not a transgression against the natural order of the universe.
If you had only seen the forgotten records of humanity beyond the amnesic barrier, and how it all began. It is an aberration against life in all its forms. These violations caused the dissociative state of the average human being and every form of degenerative behaviour on earth. They failed us all. But they failed themselves, above all things.
But yeah, I don't have the patience for many of the practices that are considered "normal" by the warped state of human perception". I never had it to begin with.

I dislike ads and I think I would find a way to skip them. Just record the show to a video tape (without watching), then watch the tape and fast forward through the ads (or also record the no-ads version to another tape for archiving). Other methods, if available could be easier.

If they were trendy like that, I would’ve stopped. That would’ve ruined FiM’s timeless feel because one of the best things about is that it doesn’t seem like a product of the time and it doesn’t give in to making everything trendy and ruining everything about it. *glares angrily at EqG*

• Brohoof 1

My understanding for the majority of the fandom's growth comes from an initial wave of people who were fans of animation in general and decided to give the show a try, a second wave of people like me who were introduced to it by friends, and the third being being who have now grown up knowing this fandom exists and their curiosity getting the better of them. Advertisement I think has had little to no impact on people deciding whether or not to watch the show.

Personally I've never seen anything outside if promotions for an upcoming episode on occasion, usually the season finales, and a few for toys. I haven't had cable for over a decade so not much advertisement exposure on my part.

• Brohoof 1

I never saw any adverts for the show. When I first became aware of it I'm not even sure if it was showing in the UK at all, we just used to find the episodes on youtube for my daughter to watch, back in the days when that was possible before they were all nuked by Hasbro. My awareness of the fandom came not from those episodes themselves, but rather from another video that kept showing up in the searches that piqued my interest and which I eventually ended up clicking on to satisfy my curiosity.

The adverts may very well have been cringe-inducing, but whether or not they were it didn't make much difference to me.

• Brohoof 1

I mean, I still love the show despite hating the theme song which is in every episode, so I don't see why ads outside the show would have changed anything for me. If anything it would have just given me something to enjoy making fun of. 

• Brohoof 1

Considering I basically grew up watching the show online (didn't have cable TV for most of that time period, and even when I did, The Hub/Discovery Family wasn't part of the package), I don't think the ads would've been much of an issue.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...