Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think the ponies would react to you eating meat?

Bendy

Let's narrow it down to the mane six to make it a bit easier. Just factor in, ponies seem to have friendly relations with griffons for the most part it seems. I think it's pretty clear although not shown in canon, that griffons are meat eaters. And of course, griffons don't just go around killing sapient minded ponies, that would lead to war.

Here's what I think.

I seriously doubt that Twilight would judge you harshly. She comes across as quite an intelligent girl. Probably knows a lot about nature from reading books.

Rainbow Dash may consider it quite cool that you eat meat. (also note she was friends with a griffon) But may have questions how exactly do you chase down your prey.

Applejack. She has pigs and I bet she knows a lot about nature. I'm pretty sure she kills one of them every so often to feed her dog. Or even buys meat somwhere to feed her dog. A griffon travelling merchant, or something. If you good friends with Applejack she may fry up some bacon for you.

Pinkie Pie may think it's cool. And make you a meat pie or something instead of a cake if you wanted it. Buys the meat from the griffons or something.

Rarity, I imagine she could be a little frightened, but warm up to you at some point. But not a total drama queen. Unless you behave like a savage.

Now the big one. Fluttershy. She might be the most understanding of all the mane six. She knows a lot about nature and she's not going to judge you for being born the wrong way.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really think they'd care. Pinkie spoke casually about a pony-eating yeti in Dungeons and Discord. I'm sure they'd just think it was a little weird at worst to see a nonhostile creature eating meat despite being able to talk and act just like them. 

• Brohoof 1

Never really thought of this from the pet perspective until now.

Twilight has a pet owl, carnivore.

Pinkie Pie has a pet alligator, carnivore.

Rarity has a pet cat, carnivore.

Applejack has a pet dog, omnivore with meat making up a substantial part of their diet.

Fluttershy has caught fish on screen in order to feed some of her critters.

Rainbow Dash is probably the only member of the Mane six to have a likely herbivore for a pet. I'm sure she's fine with the concept though.

• Brohoof 1

I’m sure they would be horrified as well as terrified. I doubt they’d feel safe around me regardless of how many times I assured them I would never eat a horse.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...