What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

When teachers put emphasis on words when they're talking. I get the picture I'm not a preschooler.

When people's arguments aren't taken seriously because they are young and stupid

When people hate someone because they like a certain thing.

When people react to change in a negative way.

• Brohoof 1

I just came across another Chuck Norris comment on youtube, and that's not even the only place where I still see them.

Seriously, grow the fuck up. Chuck Norris hasn't been a thing for a long time.

He was a good actor, yes, but he was overrated, and now he's gone. Your "he raped Molestia" or "he beat lung cancer with cigarettes" jokes aren't gonna bring him back.

Also "extended" tracks that really are just loops of two-minute versions, complete with intro and fadeout.

I listen to extended music tracks to soothe myself, because I like music without lyrics that go on and on. But when the thing just fades to quiet and suddenly starts over full volume, that's the exact opposite effect.

Have I also mentioned being told to "learn to read"? Or that I'm being "dramatic" and "disrespectful" by people who call me out on my smallest slip, raise drama over it and call me degrading names, while I'm trying to stay civil until I snap and lash out?

Here's a list of similarly hypocritical and irrational arguments I deal with on a regular basis.

- Answer the question but teacher doesn't pay attention to me.

- Get scold when other people doing something bad but I didn't.

- College wifi keep disconnected when staying at the spot.

- Product price that end with 9

Edited by ZancLife

-People who can't see something in plain sight

-People that think they are always better then everyone

-Having to explain something (I suck at explaining stuff)

-Hearing doors squeak (My Nephew does this to annoy me to NO END)

-People trying to talk to you about something that you don't want to talk about.

-Trying to find something black in the dark or on something colored black.

-My cat when it walks on my keyboard and sits on my hands 

-People chewing with their mouths open

-Control stick sticking in one direction

-Sticky buttons

-Games that hold your hand the whole damn game

-People screaming online when they lose (I almost yelled at the screamer)

-Screamers in horror games

-Horror games that rely on jump scares

-Being talked to when im trying to pay attention to something

-People thinking that since they are bigger they are stronger

There is a ton more but I dont want to write more

- People who treat their dogs like children, and say things like "momma loves you," to them. Your dogs don't see you as their parent, they see you as their pack leadier. >_>

- Google+

- The guy who followed my friends arround from server to server on gmod (now we play on a private server so there)

- Me

Love these threads now, where to begin....

1. If I get upset about something and some "helpful" person comments "Oh dear, that time of month again?"  :okiedokielokie:
  2. People commenting on what I eat. Usually this takes place at work, if I eat a salad, I get comments like "ooh dieting are we? That looks healthy" then the next day when I cannot be bothered to prepare something and visit the burger van which does the rounds on the industrial estate where I work I get "Tut tut Tina, what happened to the diet?"  :angry:   I cannot win this!!
  3. People who bring tiny little dogs/puppies to the large car boot sales and look all annoyed when they get under peoples feet.  I saw one (supposed) lady yanking her chihuahua puppy all over the place til the poor thing was limping  :angry:        I am sure there are more... 
  • Brohoof 1

The fact that it's freezing cold in my room (so much that I have to wear layers) but the very opposite in the bathroom, where I'm practically sweating just from being in there for a minute.

That heating/air system was not cheap only to be so inconsistent!

I had a great one today at work...

One of the apprentices asked me to fix a job he screwed up (fine, I do this all the time its kinda my job), then expected me to know what the job was?? He couldn't even tell me the customer who it was for. His exact words were "I need you to rework some boards, they're downstairs on a trolley" Yeah there are like 12 trolleys of work downstairs....I got so wound up, I told him "I do not have a crystal ball, I smashed it over the head of the last jerk who pulled this stunt, now go and bring me the job you have a problem with" Tsk, these noob kids are really doing my head in..... :okiedokielokie:

I know I should have more patience, but its the same thing every time!

• 1 month later...

1. Being talked over or told to shush

2. Being threatened

3. Being misjudged

4. When people play music they know I hate

5. When people scrape forks on plates

6. Irresponsible people

7. People that fail to use turn signals while driving

8, People who don't hold the door for you

9. Not being thanked

10. Someone trying to guilt me when I've done nothing wrong

I think I shall stop here haha

• Brohoof 1

I find it annoying when people do things that serve absolutely no purpose, a prime example being pressing the close door button on an elevator.  The button does not work.  It has never worked, nor will it ever work.  It does nothing (except in emergency cases).

I also hate being able to hear other people eat.  I don't know why it bothers me so much, but just.... ugh.  Especially if they can't keep their mouth closed as they're chewing and you hear that obnoxious champing sound...  I can't stand it.

-Inexcusably poor table manners (chewing with you're mouth open, for instance).

-'You is', 'liaberry', etc.

-Simple mindedness.

-No sense of higher ambition.

-Fanatical pride for one's country (the United States isn't the only country that has had people fight and die over something).

-Ignorant people who try to change atheists without doing their research (I understand why you preach, and I'm willing to have a pleasant conversation with you concerning your religion, but just don't do or say anything that will make me sigh and walk away).

-People who win arguments using shout volume alone (I'd greatly prefer it if you used the reason and debate method).

-People who don't take responsibility for their actions.

-People who drag their shoes on concrete and create a scrapping sound that irritates my ears.

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun
  • Brohoof 1

People without open minds are my sole major pet peeve. Like, really? You can't bother to think that there's another view point, another possibility out there beyond the narrow confines of your mind? Please, come back to me when you've expanded your view point.

• Brohoof 1

When people read grimdark fanfics and then complain about how they can never see a certain character the same way again. :/ You can't even blame the author for this, you can only blame yourself.

Why would you even read it in the first place? And why would you let a fan fiction change your view on a certain character? It's not like it's actually canon. >.>

@ - just letting you know that I've merged your Pet Peeves thread with one that already exists. This keeps all the responses in the same thread.

For future reference, please check for existing threads with the search feature - thanks ^^