Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

My biggest pet peeve:

1) THEY'RE. THERE. THEIR.

They are, refering to location, refering to something being owned by someone else.

Was that too hard to learn? I get a little more depressed every time I see a "they're" out of place. Their and there don't hurt as much, but they still do significantly annoy me.

2) Windows deciding to automatically shut down without my permission. Just because I have to walk away from the computer for approximately half an hour doesn't mean you can restart on your own! The dialogue box doesn't even minimize full screen windows when it shows up, so I might get a completely random restart after 15 minutes.

Thankfully after upgrading to ultimate via a free college upgrade I was finally able to disable that "feature" through an obscure policy option, but seriously, what genius at microsoft thought that was a good idea!? If these are the people I would have to compete with to get into being a software developer, getting into the profession will be a freaking CINCH!...

Ok, short rant over. Im just going to cut it here before I work myself into a blind fury about people who don't know how to properly use a roundabout.

Edited by Celtore

Apple products. Every last one. I can't believe people have the nerve to act like paying a ton of money gives them a better computer, when it is about half as good. Also, I really hate it when some guy in a class with me acts like a total jackass and gets in trouble a lot, but the teacher takes a liking to him and then he gets a better grade than me.

I loose my stuff and find it in obvious places as well, but then I'm so used to that that it doesn't bother me at all.

Stuff that really grinds my gears:

-People spinning their pens/pencils around. I used to do that myself, but I don't anymore because I loose my concentration when others play with their writing utensils when working.

-The media: It's so full of crap...

-Girls that act bitchy and talk really loud about whatever they want

-When I need help at something easy or obvious and people get impatient about it

-Cigarettes and its smoke: Smells really bad and is not good for the wellbeing of its user

-All the corrupt shit in this world :)

On the subject of sickness, let me add another wagon to the train:

When my father is clearly sick but won't go to the doctor out of pride, rather choosing to destroy my mental health by making disgusting noises right next to me.

He has no idea it's making me feel sick. PHYSICALLY sick. It's like he's coughing (or worse) right into my ear. He has no idea how much it actually hurts. He doesn't even wanna care.

When I say "please don't tickle me" I am not challenging you to a tickle match. In fact, this rather applies to any sort of physical flirting. Poking, shoulder punching, stealing my stuff to be cute.

Dangit, don't touch me.

Depends on the way you say it, for some. I, for example, won't take you seriously if you're laughing while saying it.

I actually wouldn't even tickle someone without obvious provocation, and would NEVER punch someone on the shoulder in the first place. I don't find stealing "cute" either. But that's a different story.

That being said, if you're plainly showing your annoyance and they STILL bother you, they ARE being asses.

my biggest pet peeve is people who wont leave me alone. i hate being pestered especially when i'm in the zone when it comes to drawing, i just lose my concentration. and people wonder why i act cranky.

[...]

Labels. I hate labels. why should we be categorised? I've had people make fun of me because I'm more boyish than girly and I haven't done anything bad to them. Seriously?

This.

THIS.

I love you (in a completely platonic way)

Edited by Figurehead Uprise
  • Brohoof 2

I hate how I feel like I have to double-check on nearly everything. It's a peeve, but, I also seem to misinterpret really obvious things, which is why I have this instinct to say "So......*repeats what guy just told me to do*" in order to know how NOT to mess up and to also realize if I DID mess-up on something (Like, I preordered Black Ops 2 a few weeks ago, and I ask the clerk "Did you understand it as "Black Ops 2?" because I was afraid that I either said something else from what I heard myself say, or she misunderstood what I said http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png).

Edited by spas-ticShotty

When your walking through a hallway and you want to turn, but someone awkwardly turns into you blocking your path, so your just like "dude wtf?" And then there all like "sorry." And then it takes like six seconds for you to actually get past them.

You know what really grinds my gears... Family guy, I flipping hate that show.

Another thing is when people tell me to go do something... as they are going to do that thing.

Also mowing the lawn... I hate it, I will clean ANYTHING rather than mow the lawn.

what really grinds my gears is... well the sound of grinding gears or any kind of metal on metal noise that isn't a clink also chalk i hate chalk, it is the worst thing in the world to have to touch because it gets under my fingernails and feels weird :/

One thing that annoys me very much is when some smoker is walking in front of me, because I hate smoke. This always happen when I go from school to my home - smokers are just EVERYWHERE. Oh and just small note: There were (until they somehow disappeared) signs telling smoking prohibited at the entrances to school, but everybody ignored it :/

When I'm on the bus and a group of small children enter the bus to go somewhere.

people who spawnkill specially in minecraft/tekkit when I just want to build.

waking up before 9.

showering before going to sleep.

when my scarf.

when I already made tea and I'm out of milk.

when I want toast but the only butter available is the brand that tastes awful.

I could go on but I don't remember any more at the moment.

spiders,mosquites,ROACHES! OH MY!

when "human beings" just dont listen!

the jerks at my school they make R rated jokes..........

i read the first few pages of this thread.......i would die like....10 times.

Edited by duckishponyish

a few things to start with

I can't stand when people pull up to a toll booth or fast food window and open their door at that awkward angle instead of rolling down their window. Ok I get it...some of them have a broken window...but am I to believe all those peoples' windows are broken?

People who think debate is belligerence and personal attacks

People who have to prove some aspect about their life...you know the type "I am so weird!" or "I am soooo unemotional." My experience is if you have to prove it...it probably isn't true

Anyone who wishes to tell you what's best for your life

You know when your pants are a little too long and it rains? Yeah. I hate wet cuffs.

People who constantly talk with a rising inflection.

How quickly beer gets warm in the summer.

People who don't use the search function before starting a thread.

• Brohoof 2

FOOD! It's like this. I say I wont eat something, get hungry, prepare and cook it and then when I'm about half way through eating it I say to myself, "why did I eat this, I wont care that I ate this later, I just felt like it".

People who don't cover their mouth when they sneeze or cough

People who post "first" on Youtube videos and blogs

When I'm playing a game and it freezes

Spammers

Trolls

Bad drivers

I got a lot more I could post.

• Brohoof 1

People who text and drive :angry: !

People who text while talking to you :mellow: ...leaves conversation....

People who talk on their cell phones while driving ~ -_-

Drunk driving

People who get pissed off when they get their order wrong and throw a tantrum over a stupid fast food order... just go inside and they will fix it for you no problem!

People who cannot go with the flow and think that the world revolves around them

Ignorant racism

People who tailgate behind someone when they are already going 5 over the speed limit

Nagging ~ god i hate that~

justin bieber and all the crappy stuff that is along the line of this :mellow: i won't go into it...

I freaking hate reality tv shows!!!! :angry: so STUPID!!!

Im done ranting! Please have nice day

• Brohoof 1

People that tailgate you on the road.

Auto tuning your voice so you sound good.

Road Construction.

Campers and drop shooters in Call of Duty.

My hair being too short.

The cold.

Being texted and called while I'm driving.

People that order a feast at a drive thru.

Mosquitoes.

• Brohoof 1

Ok... One thing that really pisses me off...

Freshmen

They are small... They all look alike... They all think there "like a boss".... And the most outrages thing about them, there all anti bronies...

The funny part is... They try to use me being a brony agencies me... Witch ends up with there skull inside out.. X3

In no particular order:

Insects.

Ignorance.

People who's natural speaking voice is really loud (I live with one).

Overused memes.

When people walk really slow in front of me.

When people feel the need to cap certain words so that they STAND out.

When there's nothing to eat.

When I can't find the droids I'm looking for.