Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are people so pessimistic about the future of MLP?

Twilight Yagami

(edited)

Plainly I think it's just a fear that the show will have an end at all. Most people, myself included, don't want to think that although awesome the show will be finite. This in turn leads to thinking about the shows longevity, it's downfall, and eventual end. I might say though that agreeing with the above post, I'm not worried at all and look forward to much more ponies to come.

Edited by applejack is best pony
  • Brohoof 1

I'm just hoping that if FiM does end, we will actually get an ending. A real Series finale.

Personally, I'm hoping the last episode will be a prequel episode; taking place in the years before Luna's banishment. Basically further explaining the actual relationship between the two sisters, introducing friends Luna had before (which are clearly all dead when she returned--a nice addition would be maybe to have these 'old friends' be G3?) As the episode goes on, it will slowly expose Luna's corrupted and jealous nature. She can never actually see her friends, because they're always tired when Luna is awake; and only awake when Luna is tired--making their friendships difficult.

...inevitably ending the entire series with the infamous banishment. I'm really curious to see how dramatic they could get this scene after seeing what they did with the season 2 finale (This Day Aria, amazing.)

I'm just hoping that if FiM does end, we will actually get an ending. A real Series finale.

Personally, I'm hoping the last episode will be a prequel episode; taking place in the years before Luna's banishment. Basically further explaining the actual relationship between the two sisters, introducing friends Luna had before (which are clearly all dead when she returned--a nice addition would be maybe to have these 'old friends' be G3?) As the episode goes on, it will slowly expose Luna's corrupted and jealous nature. She can never actually see her friends, because they're always tired when Luna is awake; and only awake when Luna is tired--making their friendships difficult.

...inevitably ending the entire series with the infamous banishment. I'm really curious to see how dramatic they could get this scene after seeing what they did with the season 2 finale (This Day Aria, amazing.)

A bit dark of an ending for me :P I'd want it to end with the mane six in canterlot and a link back to Twilight's arrival and first few days getting to know the ponies better. I do agree it needs a solid ending though and not a sudden one.

If it does end I hope the ending is something amazing that we can watch 10 years from now and say, "Now that was a good show."

• Brohoof 1

For all the people worrying about season 3's length, I'm pretty sure the whole 13 episode thing turned out be a hoax. There was a link to a page on EqD on a different thread a while back but I can't find it anymore. So I think it's reasonable to assume it's gonna be another full season. I mean look at S2. It was originally stated to have 24 eps but it wound up with 26, just like the first season. If that isn't enough the Royal Wedding garnered the highest ratings the Hub had ever seen since it's inception. Safe to say MLP is not going anywhere for a while.

• Brohoof 1

All I can say is this. I'm not concerned with it ending. Honestly, it happens with any show or series of anything. My main concern is that it win't degrade in quality before it goes down. For example, take Spongebob. At first, it was a funny cartoon that made sense but also portrayed messages and made them fun. Slowly, the episodes stopped teaching these subtle little messages but instead filled it's place witg stupid and forfed humor. I don't want this show to degrade in quality. I'd rather have it end after Season 3 than have it continue with crappy other seasons just to make a quick buck off of "those gullible bronies." If it must end soon, so be it. At least it will be the ponies I know and love going down, not some stupid money-maker in the shape of ponies.

Wow long post is long, TL;DR Would rather have show end earlier before it begins to degrade in quality to the point where it's hardly even the ponies we know+love.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

MLP already uses tried plots for each episode. Look back on S1 and S2, and compare them with other shows. Most people are worried that they'll just stop being even the slightest bit original (dialogue and songs) and it will just merge with other shows and become forgotten and boring.

EDIT: But look on the bright side. When it ends, it will just be revived such as all other gens. It might not be the exact same, but there's always a chance it would get even better.

Edited by frenzyhero

(edited)

MLP was made to sell toys back in the 80's when the original G1 series first came out. Now, they did it to revamp the series entirely and try to make money off of the show itself.

Let's not forget Hasbro has been notorious for milking their money makers for all they're worth. Just look at the transformers movies and the battleship movie.They will push on with MLP all they can for as long as they can, until it's completely dried up. I have no doubt it will go past 2013.

I can understand the pessimism, though; they fear that after syndication it'll all come to a halt (the 65 episodes thing). However, The Hub's popularity has also grown exponentially because MLP has single-handedly made the channel what it is today. I honestly don't think they'd be stupid enough to pull the plug on it that quickly.

Edited by Devin McCourty
  • Brohoof 2

It's hard to judge how long this show will last. Both seasons so far has not been a huge letdown, why should we panic about the future of the show now? As long as the staff continues to show their gratitude to the fandom of this show, they will continue to produce episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

Season 3 is just around the corner and I'm looking for forward to it.

and the battleship movie.

This couldn't be more off-topic, but do you know there's going to be a Battleship game? I just found out yesterday.

It's hard to judge how long this show will last. Both seasons so far has not been a huge letdown, why should we panic about the future of the show now? As long as the staff continues to show their gratitude to the fandom of this show, they will continue to produce episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

Season 3 is just around the corner and I'm looking for forward to it.

We're worrying about the show because if they get too money hungry, they could just stop trying and play off of their initial target demographic for being to ignorant to notice a lack of quality.

I honestly think all the pessimism has something to do with this guy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

But hey, maybe that's just my wild imagination. ^_^ On a more serious note, I think that the most likely answer is that some fans just worry too much to be honest. I'm not, ergo, I don't worry about the show's future. Does that guarantee it'll last past 3 seasons, no, but it does guarantee that I won't worry about how long it lasts. Remember everypony, just stay calm, cool, and chill... like Rainbow Dash!

Posted Image

Don't you want to be like Rainbow Dash? B)

I think alot of people are like that because perhaps they don't want the show to go so long that it starts dulling and getting old. I don't share the same opinion about that of course, I would like the show to go on forever. However I think if they keep on doing on what they are doing now and keep on throwing in good episodes, it might be around for a while longer.

Only thing I'm pessimistic about, is that we are nearing the end of the actual show. I don't want it to end. :'<

Even if it did end, we'd still have fan videos, animation, and music being created, I'm just upset most of the animations will probably be shipping influenced... That's why I treasure the actual show so much. :(

• 2 weeks later...