Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo's Family?

Lord Pretty Pie

She seems to be the only filly with no parents, no siblings and no place of her own. Where does she even go when the crusaders are done for the day and where does she come from when they meet up? Think Scootaloo is a runaway or an orphan?

@Philosophy Ponyand @lawrence9021, it turns out that there were several older threads for discussion and speculation related to Scootaloo's family, so your topics have been merged together with another one to make a central thread. Just letting you know smile.png

Edited by DashForever

I really doubt the show would ever go down that road, I am with a lot of other people that her parents are just off screen...remember it's still a little girls show! Although it would add A LOT of depth to her character. 

sweetie bell had family show up.  And they didn't need to.  Not even remotely did we need to see rarity's mom and dad.

we see apple bloom's family.

its just odd we never saw anything for scoots.

And as for being a kids show i heard from a fan on tail spin, becky was suppose to be a divorced mom.  I mean you never did see the dad,

so it's kinda hard to argue with.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

But this did not prevent them to kill Applejack parents.

Hey now, they didn't kill AJ's parents, they were just already dead.

Also, they did finally show that Scoots has a home of some sort, or at least a bedroom, in episode 5 of season 4 "Flight to the Finish".

Flight to the Finish FINALLY show she has a place.

Thing is, I've seen it suggested that it's the Ponyville Orphanage/Halfway House...

Until we get some kind of confirmation on her home life, all we have is speculation and (uughh...:disgust:) fanon to go on.

I'll admit, I think it would cool/interesting if she was an orphan or if her parents didn't really care for her. I know the show will NEVER go there (curse the demographic targeting!), but that would help give her some much needed more depth and character

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Because the happy ones are much too boring. To wit: "Scootaloo is a young pegasus filly who was born in Ponyville. Her father is a used scooter salesman and her mother works at the safety helmet factory. Scootaloo likes to ride scooters but can't fly yet." "The end." ^_^

Exactly....Scootaloo DOES have a family. Laust confirmed that she's NOT a orphan...probably because of the Charlie Brown Effect. 

She has a family but we haven't seen it yet for some reason.

I don't know what they're waiting for to show them, maybe they're not important characters.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure she does have parents but the show creators have never bothered to show them on screen unless they decide to do an episode focused on scootaloo's inability to fly where we might see her parents as supporting characters.

• Brohoof 1