Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo's Family?

Lord Pretty Pie

Letting the viewers assume is fine because I'm pretty sure the target audience who watches, 6-9 year olds, will happily assume she has a home because kids won't think that way at that age. It's the older bronies with more developed thought processes and analysis who will be more inclined to think she's homeless lol.

You're kidding, right?

I'm a kid, I just read that, and I (even before) thought "She has no family... Her home is never mentioned. Scootaloo is homeless."

I'm smart for my age.

You're kidding, right?

I'm a kid, I just read that, and I (even before) thought "She has no family... Her home is never mentioned. Scootaloo is homeless."

I'm smart for my age.

By kid I mean 6-9 years old.

(edited)

Now I wish I had a Trixie stuffed plushie for some reason.....

Oh and on topic, I do beleive that she scooterloo has a home and parents, but as already mentioned, whats the use of putting them in the show....

Edited by TGAP Trixie Sparkle

Im guessing she has parents, and not homeless. other ponies in the show that they dont mention having homes make it so they dont have homes? Think of Derpy, we dont see her parents or her home so is she homeless and her parents dead? sure Scooterloo is more of an important character, (and not a background pony) but do we have to see it to believe it? (That answer is a matter of opinon)

(edited)

Im guessing she has parents, and not homeless. other ponies in the show that they dont mention having homes make it so they dont have homes? Think of Derpy, we dont see her parents or her home so is she homeless and her parents dead? sure Scooterloo is more of an important character, (and not a background pony) but do we have to see it to believe it? (That answer is a matter of opinon)

That's true, but... Isn't Derpy an adult? Like has been said, it is very possible that they just have not had a reason to mention her parents before, but I think it would be a more interesting story element to have her be homeless. Edited by Lord Pretty Pie

just the fact that we have not seen her parents or home yet doesn't immediately mean she doesn't have any of the above. for instance: whe do not know where Pinkemina D. Pie lives and whe also don't know much about Rainbow Dash' parents either.

Just so you know for the future, Pinkie lives with the Cakes in a (rented?) room above Sugarcube Corner :P

I often liked the prospect of Scootaloo being homeless, or an orphan, or whatever comes along those lines. I'm a sucker for compassion fics. I don't expect to see anything like that in the show, though.

Pegasi are never homeless. They can make houses out of clouds that are like castles in the sky. Have you seen Rainbow's place? It's amazing!

So all Scootaloo has to do is fly up, throw a few clouds together and voila! Instant home for Scootaloo.

Oh wait...

• Brohoof 1

Just so you know for the future, Pinkie lives with the Cakes in a (rented?) room above Sugarcube Corner :P

I often liked the prospect of Scootaloo being homeless, or an orphan, or whatever comes along those lines. I'm a sucker for compassion fics. I don't expect to see anything like that in the show, though.

for all I know pinkemina just works at sugarcube corner, and hangs around the shop babysitting the little Cakes.

in the same way Rainbow Dash always sleeps in trees or on clouds.

I think she has a home in Cloudsdale, but she fell out of it and landed in Ponyville. Her parents are looking for her, but she can't fly high enough to reach Cloudsdale and she is too ashamed to admit that she fell out of her own home.

• Brohoof 2

I think she has a home in Cloudsdale, but she fell out of it and landed in Ponyville. Her parents are looking for her, but she can't fly high enough to reach Cloudsdale and she is too ashamed to admit that she fell out of her own home.

Wow, though I find it the least plausible scenario of all, that certainly is one of the most creative ^^ Kudos for making me chuckle in my sleep-deprived state.

Welp, earlier in this thread I talked about how it didn't matter to me, cuz Dashie's gonna be her awesome big sister (<3)...but I suppose I should offer my opinion on the parents, after all.

Judging by the fact that death and abandonment are all but off the table for a show ideally made for a younger audience, I'd say the next most possible scenario on where the parents are is traveling. It could be that they live nearby and that Scootaloo lives with them, but the fact is they've never even been mentioned, just like AJ, Big Mac and Apple Bloom's parents. And it should be noted that with them, Lauren herself said she assumed they were entrepreneurs that simply couldn't be fit into the story yet. There might be a similar situation with Scootaloo, in that she sees them very little due to their lifestyle and work choice. That's my simple, best guess.

I think that she has guardians who we haven't seen yet. Kinda like Rainbow Dash, no-one knows if she has parents or not, but in a show for little kids, I think that she must have parents who haven't been showed yet.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think they'll ever cover it in an episode, but I sorta do like the idea.

Well... I'm pretty sure this is not the case... Why would My Little Pony include such dark topics in the show?

I think they won't bring it up in the show, but yes I do think she is homeless and I quite like the idea of it, it makes the show a bit more exciting.

(edited)

Fall From Grace: How Scootaloo Came To Ponyville

post-2150-0-52081800-1341060972.png

Taking it a step further...

Unlike Fluttershy, Scootaloo didn't have the luxury of butterflies, but had her fall broken by a large tree instead, leaving her in a heap on the ground, battered, confused, covered with tree sap and pine needles. She had never before been outside Cloudsdale, and looked around in wonder at the unfamiliar sight of trees, shrubs and grass.

At the time, Cloudsdale had been moving closer to Canterlot for the Spring Cloud-Sculpture Festival and, much to Scootaloo's grave misfortune, was passing over the Everfree Forest when she fell.

Unable to fly or even see Cloudsdale through the thick canopy of trees, she began to walk, straying ever further from her home and her family. After wandering aimlessly for days, threatened by hidden danger and narrowly averting disaster on several occasions, she finally emerged from the deep, dark forest and was found by the owner of a scooter shop located outside Ponyville: Scooter Lou.

He introduced himself and asked her what her name was, but she was a very young filly, had suffered mild amnesia from her fall, and answered only by repeating Scooter Lou's name, pronouncing it "Scootaloo". Absent knowing her true identity, the name stuck.

"Scootaloo's" father, Prince Stormcloud of Cloudsdale, was mortified at the sudden, unexplained disappearance of his daughter and sent the Knights of House Stormcloud throughout the cloud city, and later throughout Equestria, to find her. His vassals vowed success and flew at top speed to such great cities as Fillydelphia, Manehattan and Canterlot, determined to find her at any cost, but nopony they asked could recognize her name or description.

After months of searching even in lands beyond the borders of Equestria, Prince Stormcloud's knights somberly returned with empty hooves. Alas, neither they nor the Prince thought to send word to Ponyville which, as a relatively small earth pony village, was not known to the nobility of Cloudsdale.

Meanwhile, Scooter Lou reported the young lost pegasus to Mayor Mare, who brought her to several of the pegasi living in Ponyville and asked if anypony knew who she was. Nopony in Ponyville ever considered the possibility that a young pegasus who couldn't fly could have somehow fallen from the sky and lived, let alone make her way to Ponyville from a place as far away as Cloudsdale.

And so, with nopony able to identify the young filly, Scooter Lou adopted her and resolved to raise her as best he could, despite his modest means. Scootaloo, literally surrounded by scooters at the shop, adapted quickly to her new home and proved to be a natural and talented scooterist, using her short wings to propel her to tremendous speeds, powering breathtaking stunts and amazing feats of skill.

For her, the scooter shop was nothing short of a paradise, and her adoptive father took full advantage of her ability by hosting contests featuring her acrobatics to attract new customers, as the fact that very few ponies actually ride scooters made for a rather dismal business model.

Though she loved her parents, Scootaloo couldn't remember their names after her fall, and they slowly faded from memory as the years passed, she became old enough to attend school, and found new friends in Ponyville. For their part, her parents, devastated by the the loss of their only foal, have left her room and personal effects untouched, and hold out hope beyond hope that someday they may yet find their daughter, safe and well.

And so it was that young Princess Skystreak of Cloudsdale became Scootaloo of Ponyville.

Will she someday discover her true heritage and be reunited with her parents? Will she ever regain her title as a Princess of Cloudsdale? Will she ever learn to fly?

These questions and many others may someday be answered, but only in the fullness of time.

Edited by ponyvangelist
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Because the happy ones are much too boring.

To wit:

"Scootaloo is a young pegasus filly who was born in Ponyville. Her father is a used scooter salesman and her mother works at the safety helmet factory. Scootaloo likes to ride scooters but can't fly yet."

"The end." ^_^

Edited by ponyvangelist
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

This thought has just recently crossed my mind so i thought i would stick it up on here.

I was thinking about pony's and their family's and backgrounds, when i got to scootaloo i realized that as to my knowledge she has no known family (correct me if im mistaken) not only that but she is a Pegasus that is unable to fly and as said by lauren faust she will always be unable to fly. 

now i know things have been looking up for scoots since the sleepless in ponyville episode with her and Rainbow dash but i just feel bad for the little filly's story so far,  i feel she needs some sort of backstory filler and just some more stuff to go her way.

We don't know if she has any parents as of now.  All we know is that she's flightless.  I personally have a headcannon where she has loving parents.  I don't know though.

Interesting to note, originally in previous generations - Scootaloo was related to Cheerilee as her sister.

So, it's possible that she's related as a younger sister role?

But that's impossible, seeing as Scootaloo has stated she wished to see Dash as a sister role model, and I just can't see Scoot's brushing off another sister for her.

More than likely, she has a father and mother somewhere, but it may be like how Applejack and Applebloom have it, where they are never seen.  Possibly, she lives with a grandmother or some other adult, but is very lonely and wishes for an older sister much like Dash.

This is how I see the show taking it, anyways.  Anyone else disagree with this?

• Brohoof 3

This topic was moved to the Show Discussion area. In the future please create any threads related directly to MLP in this section rather than elsewhere on the forums.

• Brohoof 1

I have heard so many times through other people that Pegasi were made from the clouds.

I have been sort of questioning the validity of that statement however seeing that we have yet to hear any family stories from any of the pegasi i am starting to wonder

though, I could be wrong and i am probably not paying much attention to the story

but you know...

maybe

Edited by ~ds8~