Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo's Family?

Lord Pretty Pie

(edited)

Hmm, according to the MLP wikipedia, she is the sister of Cheerilee, so I don't think Scootaloo is homeless, because wouldn't that mean they're both homeless?

Scootaloo was Cheerilee's sister back in G3 or something, they had the same names and a somewhat similar color scheme, but they were very different characters. There isn't anything proving that they aren't sisters in G4, but it's assumed they aren't related because they don't act as familiar as sisters normally would.

Also just because someone is an orphan doesn't make their lives depressing. I used to have a friend who grew up in a foster home because his father died before he was born and his mother passed away during childbirth. He was still a really happy kid who loved his foster family even though they weren't "parents" in every since. 

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

One fan idea that I like is that Scootaloo's parents (Or just parent) are in the Royal Guard and are just not around Ponyville very much. As such she likes with a relative who is either embarrassing for her or works a lot.

(edited)

I've never once thought that Scootaloo was homeless or even an orphan. Mostly due to the freedom she has. Now I can understand for this world that ponies have to go out and do all kinds of things to find their talent. But if Scootaloo was an orphan, I feel like the Orphanage would not allow her to go on sleepovers or go on camping trips, because they are responsible for her. Now I don't real know if any of that is true or not, still it might be true.

As for her parents, I liked the idea that either one or both of them do really important work and aren't home a lot. So thats why we don't see them. Another idea is one parent does have an important job and is away a lot and the other is kinda lade back and just lets her do what she want.

Most likely she is an only child, but it never seemed like she was desperate for a sister. I liked it better when she was just a fan of Rainbow Dash.

I am kinda hopping we see them is season 4 or something involving her parents.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Personally, I find that to be a possibility as we are never told where Scootaloo resides. Why not make it more clear earlier in the series? They did that with Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. For all we know, there could be a darker episode about Scootaloo's past that could help people learn about moving on from the past and making the most of their lives for the present and the future. 

I think that she has a family, but it just hasn't been mentioned in the show yet. It would make sense if they made an episode circling around Scootaloo that shows these parts of her life that haven't been addressed yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

She seems to be the only filly with no parents, no siblings and no place of her own. Where does she even go when the crusaders are done for the day and where does she come from when they meet up? Think Scootaloo is a runaway or an orphan?

Just because a character's family isn't seen, doesn't automatically have to mean that they're dead. I imagine Scootaloo's probably an only child, and she lives with her parents when off-screen.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to say that she isn't. She has parents, but we just never see them. She is sort of like Fluttershy in a way. They both have relatives, we just never saw them yet. They are there though.

I don't think that she is. I think that she lives in the house on the edge of Ponyville, where the CMC stayed right before the Harvest Day parade. I'm going to guess that, maybe, she's just on bad terms with her parents.

I think it's pretty unlikely that any character in the show will turn out to be an orphan. So basically, no. I don't think Scootaloo is an orphan. We all thought that Luke Skywalker was an orphan until The Empire Strikes Back. We just need to wait. Sooner or later Scootaloo's family will appear in an episode.

Edited by Norman

I don't think so. Somebody that works on the show said (I think it was at the comic con panel) that just because we haven't seen her parents doesn't mean that shes an orphan. Honestly, her parents haven't had a good reason to show up in the show. If they did we would probably have seen them.

I think it was one of the writers that said this at Comic Con,

"Just because we haven't seen her parents yet doesn't mean she's an orphan."

I'd assume the same applies to her being a runaway. Sheesh guys, just let the filly have a happy family for once  >_>

I think it'd be more dramatically potent if she was a runaway or an orphan, but at the same time I doubt that's the case. She doesn't seem to mention it, and she doesn't really live with anyone we've seen on-screen. If she was an orphan/runaway, we'd see her living with a friend, or at an orphanage, and not just vanishing whenever a club meeting is adjourned.

Granted, her behavior in Sleepless in Ponyville would indicate that she's something of a loner, but that still isn't positive proof. We'll probably find out what's going on in Season 4.

They should at least explain it in a future episode. Just because a person has no family or siblings seen yet, does not make them a runaway. We haven't really been confirmed up to date on her family.

I like to think shes like the town stowaway, living on her own from house to house and place to place aimlessly cause shes super care free. She is always trying to impress Rainbow Dash which kinda adds to that "I'm a tough Pony who can make it anywhere" mentality that most drifters have. (I know cause I was one for the last 7 years) You could also say that her "lost" nature is the reason that she doesn't have her cutie mark yet. She will probably have parents in later episodes but till that time comes I'm going to continue picturing her as such! 

• Brohoof 1

I really doubt the show would ever go down that road, I am with a lot of other people that her parents are just off screen...remember it's still a little girls show! Although it would add A LOT of depth to her character. 

• 1 month later...

I don't think like anyone knows where scoots comes from xD I don't think she even has a family. Like, where does she even sleep? We've never seen any relations to her and any pony pretty sure. And I don't think we've been able to see where she even lives/sleeps. I think RD kinda adopted her, she did take her under her wing, but that isn't really adopting ((Don't think so)) Maybe in S4 they'll tell us more about her. She doesn't have as much about her as Applebloom and Sweetie Belle does ((With family and stuff like that))

• Brohoof 1

I don't think like anyone knows where scoots comes from xD I don't think she even has a family. Like, where does she even sleep? We've never seen any relations to her and any pony pretty sure. And I don't think we've been able to see where she even lives/sleeps. I think RD kinda adopted her, she did take her under her wing, but that isn't really adopting ((Don't think so)) Maybe in S4 they'll tell us more about her. She doesn't have as much about her as Applebloom and Sweetie Belle does ((With family and stuff like that))

man that is odd where dose she sleep? well she had to adopt her se refers he as here "sister" in a few episodes but that can just mean she lookes up to her as a sister would but if thats true then scoots would have to live whith dashie other wize what is she homeless then? you know

True. But there's no evidence Scoots sleeps with RD, or anypony! That's really odd, ya know. Where does she sleep? She's obviously not homeless, but where does she sleep? Who's her family? How does she eat? They are kinda like "Sisters" But they don't live together ((At least I think so)) How would scoots get down anyways? Rainbow lives in this huge cloud house. Scoots can't fly. So RD would have to bring her down and up.

• Brohoof 1