Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Movie Quotes

Many of us enjoy movies from a diverse spread of genres. We all have different tastes for different things. The one thing we all (might) share in media-related interests, however, is a quote from a favorite scene/movie. Feel free to post your favorite quote from any genre.

I've scoured our forums for this thread, and the search bar came up with nothing. Mods -- I know this has probably been done before, so feel free to move it.

My favorite quote of all-time is one of John Ottaway's last lines:

[Looking up] Do something... do something. You faulty prick, fraudulent motherfucker. DO SOMETHING! FUCK FAITH! EARN IT! SHOW ME SOMETHING REAL! I NEED IT NOW, NOT LATER! ... Do something and I'll believe in you until the die I die, I swear. I'm calling on you, I'M CALLING ON YOU! ... ... ... Fuck it, I'll do it myself.

(Liam Neeson in "The Grey")

Here's my second favorite quote of all-time:

Sgt. Siek: Now to the rest of you, do you have what it takes to be the meanest, the cruelest, the most sadist unforgiving mother fuckers in God's cruel kingdom?

All Marines: Yes, Staff Sergeant.

Sgt. Siek: Will you be able to one day say, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the God damn valley?"

All Marines: Yes, Staff Sergeant.

Sgt. Siek: We shall fucking see.

(Actors in "Jarhead")

Have fun posting meaningful quotes -- I look forward to reading them!

“You might be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater.” - Austin Powers [Gold Member]

• Brohoof 2

"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley" - Airplane (Dr. Rumack)

"I fart in your general direction!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail (French castle guard)

"It's true, this man has no dick" - Ghostbusters (Peter Venkman)

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!" - Also from Ghostbusters (Winston Zeddemore)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Jingle All the Way

*bomb goes off inside radio station*

Myron: That was REALLY a bomb? This is a sick world we're livin' in, with sick people!

I fucking love that movie. Although I prefer a Myron quote from a bit earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb2BSuvScKo

But my favorite quote is from Monty Python's Life of Brian:

(a guy is about to be stoned for saying gods name, Jehovah, out loud)

Guy: "look, I was talking to my wife, and all I said was 'honey, this meatloaf would be good enough for Jehovah.'"

Priest: "Oh! He said it again! You're only making it worse for yourself, you know!"

Guy: "worse? I'm about to be stoned to death!"

*starts dancing*

"Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah!"

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 3

not my fav. just a good one from a good movie ""Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no." "

The one quote that comes to mind right away has to be this one from "Dirty Harry":

Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

The first one that comes to mind is from Chronicle.

Matt: "Andrew, look at yourself! This isn't who you are!"

Andrew: "I'm an apex predator."

Matt: "What?"

Andrew: "I'm an apex predator."

Hot Rod:

"Hey, Rod. What's that song about grandma getting run over by a reindeer?"

"Grandma got run over by a reindeer..."

"Nnnnooo?"

"What do you call yourself Voltron?"

"I dunno, maybe because it's SUPER badass?"

Basically any quote from that movie is pure magic.

Every forum I ever go to that has a movie quote thread compels me to post the same thing. In the movie "Paycheck" my very best favorite line was...

"I was eating pie."

I drove everyone I know crazy with that quote for WEEKS!

"Tell that to the cleaning lady on Monday."

"What?"

"Because you'll be dust by Monday."

"Um..."

"Because you'll be pulverized in 2 seconds. And the cleaning lady? She cleans up dust. She dusts."

"So... what's on Monday?"

"Because... it's Friday now, and she has the weekend off, so... Monday... right?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN IT'S GODZILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

"Actually, it looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws... it's not."

"STILL WE SHOULD RUN LIKE IT IS GODZILLA!"

"though it isn't"

Austin Powers

2. OOOOOOOOOOOOOONE MILLION YEAAAAAAAAAAAAARS DUNGEON!!!

Adventure Time

"Chief, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I Don't know, were you thinking Holy Shit, Holy Shit, a Swordfish almost went through my head? If so, yes!"

Edited by Mr. Bojangles
  • Brohoof 1

Almost anything from Outlaw Josey Wales:

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy"

"I noticed when you get to dislikin' someone, they ain't around long either"

LOL I just remembered a funny one. Not my favorite, but I love it.

"NO NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAAH! OH THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAAH!"

-The Wicker Man, apparently. Didn't know that. XD