Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How respected are you by the local no-bronies?

Xievie

Not many people know of my bronyness. I don't plan on telling people in my school as there are a few ass-holes that would definitely spread the fact I like MLP, make it sound really bad and then make fun of me for it. But for other people I tell it as casual as possible, a few of my friends know because something of it came up and I did a brony reference that they didn't understand and I had to explain it to them. I don't go around telling people constantly as that is very annoying. Most people don't care, others make fun of it calling me a "ponyfag" or a shame to the male gender but only in a playful way that they don't mean it.

So to everybody I tell, IS ALL GOOOD

Not many people know of my bronyness. I don't plan on telling people in my school as there are a few ass-holes that would definitely spread the fact I like MLP, make it sound really bad and then make fun of me for it. But for other people I tell it as casual as possible, a few of my friends know because something of it came up and I did a brony reference that they didn't understand and I had to explain it to them. I don't go around telling people constantly as that is very annoying. Most people don't care, others make fun of it calling me a "ponyfag" or a shame to the male gender but only in a playful way that they don't mean it.

So to everybody I tell, IS ALL GOOOD

if anybody tries to give you crap about loving MLP just do this:

• Brohoof 2

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3abMUH_P1E&list=FL4XNN16trB2Gcjx6mZ7lmMw&index=9&feature=plpp_video

xD Sure ill do that!

xD Sure ill do that!

best part is, it works!!!! but only if you do the dance ;)

guess how I know?

My friends think I'm crazy,

My parents think I'm crazy,

My grandma thinks I'm funny :lol:

crazy=more fun
  • Brohoof 1

not gonna lie, I'm a closet brony. Not because I really care if people shun me, but because I don't want to make a big deal out of it.

Bronies shoving ponies down people's throats is one of the main reasons our fandom receives hate, so I just keep it to myself.

Same here. I only keep it open to family, though. Don't want anypony else sending us hate!

• Brohoof 1

Same here. I only keep it open to family, though. Don't want anypony else sending us hate!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3abMUH_P1E&list=FL4XNN16trB2Gcjx6mZ7lmMw&index=9&feature=plpp_video

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ok

My friends think I'm crazy,

My parents think I'm crazy,

My grandma thinks I'm funny :lol:

Take out the friends part, then you have my family's thoughts about me loving MLP in a nutshell.

Edited by Octavia's Cello
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think they could care less what I do, as long as I keep helping them with their homework. *rolls eyes*

But I've noticed my school is pretty tolerant of pretty much everything. I saw someone playing Club Penguin in the cafeteria before school started, and no one around him called him out for it.

I don't think they could care less what I do, as long as I keep helping them with their homework. *rolls eyes*

But I've noticed my school is pretty tolerant of pretty much everything. I saw someone playing Club Penguin in the cafeteria before school started, and no one around him called him out for it.

yeah, that'd never fly in Texas. The only way you get respected for your hobbies is if you stand up and scream them in public

I've made some good non-brony friends by being open about Ponies with reasons such as "he likes a show like my little Pony but he has no problems about being brave and admiting to it" or "can't blame him since everyones doing it" I get the typical "wise" remarks but seeing people that don't like the show personaly but have no problem with people that do is pretty awesome indeed ^_^

(edited)

The friends I haven't converted can't care less about what I like. Normally they shrug it off or playfully tease, but there are no hurt feelings between us. I make it clear to them that the show makes me happy and is a good influence, so they can accept that rather easily.

Edited by Brisineo

Well i live in a place where all people my age are arrogant, judgemental pricks who mock anything unusual at all. Me being a brony wasnt the first thing to be mocked about.. i had a very socially awkward childhood and have some medical associations such as tourette syndrome, but let me get back on topic. Of course nothing they say bothers me because they are to ignorant to watch the show themselves.. and in fact i even converted some the lesser pony haters. but most everyone i know refuses to accept that i like mlp.. they are the type of people who are miserable and can only find joy by ruining peoples day aka PARASPRITES

• Brohoof 1

Well i live in a place where all people my age are arrogant, judgemental pricks who mock anything unusual at all. Me being a brony wasnt the first thing to be mocked about.. i had a very socially awkward childhood and have some medical associations such as tourette syndrome, but let me get back on topic. Of course nothing they say bothers me because they are to ignorant to watch the show themselves.. and in fact i even converted some the lesser pony haters. but most everyone i know refuses to accept that i like mlp.. they are the type of people who are miserable and can only find joy by ruining peoples day aka PARASPRITES

hm.....you just described my pre-mlp personality.....:blink:
  • Brohoof 1

Not really, they seem to accept it. I don't shove ponies down their throat. None of my family members do though, so that hasn't changed.

Hmmm well lets see. By one and only friend has absolutely no problem with me being a brony, however he fervently refuses to watch a single episode. To be fair though, his family has no respect for each other and they would probably make his life hell if they found out he watched My Little Pony.

My family is much better. My Mom, younger sister and younger brother have all watched about five or ten episodes. They like the show, but aren't interested enough to watch the whole series.

My older sister actually became a brony! Her laptop is now Rainbow Dash themed, she even went and bought two stickers of Rainbow Dash's cutie mark for it. Her favorite pony, however, is Applejack.

My Dad found out a was a brony one day when he saw me wearing a black hoodie with the mane six on the back. He immediately began pestering me about it like a five year old. He's never watched the show and I would never ask him to. Everytime he catches me watching the show he'll say something like "God man what are you doing?!" not in a rude way, just teasing me. He acts really immature for a 44 year old man...

That covers everyone I know, no one has ever said anything or treated me strange for wearing My Little Pony shirts in public so far.

My friends don't take me seriously when I talk about it, but I converted one of them and I added a couple of my fellow bronys on Xbox so they hear me talk about it more, so they're getting used to it. My mum is really cool with it, she even ordered a couple of posters and a Rainbow Dash toy for me :3

I don't talk about the show publicly, however I don't try to hide my liking for it either. People around me are quite nerdy so most of them don't really mind, to be honest. I haven't really been "hated" for it, I think that's mainly because I don't talk about it though.