Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How respected are you by the local no-bronies?

Xievie

Well, as the title asks, are you respected by those around you?

Are you shunned?

Are you hated?

Do they not really care if you are or arent?

Are they completely fine with you being a brony?

Or are you a closet brony and nobody around knows who you are?

This is for friends, teachers, parent, siblings.. People you always see.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

honestly there has been no change for me since i started being open about being a brony, but i havent been the annoying kind of brony and most omy friends dont care, hell i shared a house with a gay couple and being bi-sexual

being a brony is nothing.

also most of my friendS and myself are proud members of S.O.P.H.I.E

Edited by PonyEcho

not gonna lie, I'm a closet brony. Not because I really care if people shun me, but because I don't want to make a big deal out of it.

Bronies shoving ponies down people's throats is one of the main reasons our fandom receives hate, so I just keep it to myself.

• Brohoof 4

My brother is the only one in my house who knows I'm a brony, and he can be a bit condescending about it. Other than that, very few nonbronies I know know I'm a brony. I'd rather keep it that way. I don't really care what people think, but people would bother me if they knew.

Most of my friends didn't really change their opinion of me after discovering I liked ponies. I don't particularly chat on and on about them, though, so that probably helps. They were like "wait wut" at first, but after I explained why I liked it they were like "lol kk" and didn't really think much of it. Some of them even gave it a try, and I accidentally "converted" friends into the fandom without even meaning to.

My younger sister knows that I'm a brony, she's a little weirded out by my interest in MLP but other than that she doesn't particularly care either way. My mom knows and all she cares is about is that at least I'm not playing video games, my dad on the other hand I'd rather keep it secret from. As for my friends...well we're just a bunch of weird guys to begin with so they're all accepting. Then again they have too have some odd interests and as the saying goes "Birds of a feather, flock together."

No one cares, but then again, only 2 people even know about ti.

Funny thing is, I showed mah bro the show (Bro-da-sho ^_^) back in August 2011 and I sorta lied to him about mah opinion on it, saying "Hey let's check out the show and see how bad it'll be" when in reality, I was starting to like the show :). He liked the show but decided not to watch the show anyways after that, and I ended up thinking that he had totally forgotten about the show. Then, last April, I was in the hotel in the Dominican Republic, and he comes up to me and says "Hey! There are ponies in Spanish!" and in ah mind I was like "Holy shit, he REMEMBERS :o?!" and I tried to shush him up, since mah grandparents were in the other side of the suite, but then I whispered "That sounds awesome!'". It was pretty surprising :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm a closet brony not because people would start judging me, (Though they would), but because it would probably be a big thing at my school. I would be constantly annoyed by my classmates. I prefer my not being known status at school.

(edited)

Before my announcement antics (

) only a few friends knew I was a brony. But after the quotes that I would do, people recognized what I did and the people that weren't a brony either didn't care or congratulated me for being brave. Hell, because of that, the quote "Rainbow Dash is the Best Pony" appeared in the yearbooks.

Otherwise, I go by the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" method.

Edited by NeverNeverland
  • Brohoof 2

Not many people know that I watch this show. My family does and my friends does but that's about it.

I showed some episodes to my mother (including A canterlott Wedding) and she kind of liked it. My sister says she'll probably try it and my brother tried Dragonshy and didn't like (he started on the wrong in my opinion). My brother bothers me sometimes about it but that's only because he bothers me ALL the time. My friends didn't really care, I showed them a few episodes and they said it was funny (though, I showed them a french subtitled version because their English is not that good). Also, there was a time I drew some ponies at school and the guy beside me whispered ''Is that a pony?'' to his friend. Overall, I'm not really bugged by people about it (I mostly think it's because people here don't know much about what's popular on the internet so...).

My friends know, none of them are bothered by it in the slightest. A couple of them have even gotten into the show. Other people, some know, some don't. I don't hide it, but it's not like it comes up in conversation much xD

I've never gotten any grief for it at any rate.

They don't care, they don't give a flying feather. My sisters got me a G 3.5 Cherilee when i told them, just for the lol of it and my friends watched some episodes after I told them and where like "we don't like it but it's not bad, why the fuck is there a community behind it? It's a normal show"

So yeah, everyone is pretty chill about it.

I'm respected, mainly cos i don't make references to it every 2 seconds like other bronies around in my area. Quite simply people respect my decision to watch the show because i don't try to overly convert them.

• Brohoof 1

They only respect me when I am not talking about the show. That is because they completely forget I even know about the show if I don't talk about it for a while. But, if I even say the word "pony", then I spend the rest of the week at home.

My friends know, but no one really gives a shit around these parts - plus I do not go flaunting it around. If someone passes themselves off as a brony, then great, I'll go ahead and speak up. Otherwise, it's not really a big deal.