Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2012 Olympics Banner

Doctor XFizzle

I was thinking that we should make a banner for the site to have up for the entire duration of the Olympics featuring the flags of every country we have users from.

Although the challenge will be finding out exactly every country (unless the admins have a handy dandy list they can access). I think it would be a cool thing to have.

• Brohoof 10

(edited)

I might work on a banner like that then, yes it will include Applejack and Rainbow Dash and may include the logo for the 2012 olympics. I guess I will enjoy working on it, but I'm sorry I can't include flags of countries on it.

Edited by Narutardedscum!!

I would love that.

The good thing: We'll, it's kinda obvious- an Olympics-themed banner would be amazing, no matter what, in any way it is presented. Having country flags up there is nice, and the fact that it's only the countries where we come from is even better.

The bad thing: It might be hard looking through all 5,000 members and finding the locales for every single one. Also, any member could possibly join either during the location search, or the Olympics, when the banner will be up.

Sounds awesome! I know we have members from USA, Canada, Texas, Australia, Germany, Serbia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Russia, UK, Ireland, and probably many many more

I have an idea, we could make vectors of ponies that has the different countries' colors. :D

• Brohoof 1

I would have agreed with this, but the Olympics are not really something I would want to see getting featured on a forum. It's hypocrisy is apparent, and it is not about sports anymore. It is about you giving them money. Aka a huge ad stunt labeled "Olympics"

http://en.wikipedia....s#Controversies

It's a world event that gathers people from across all nations just like this forums attracts users from all different nations. When I think of the Olympics, the first thing that comes to my mind is athletics and community, not conspiracies or money, but that's your opinion and I respect it.

I would have agreed with this, but the Olympics are not really something I would want to see getting featured on a forum. It's hypocrisy is apparent, and it is not about sports anymore. It is about you giving them money. Aka a huge ad stunt labeled "Olympics"

Apart from looking at it the way it truly is, the Olympics symbolize the uniting of all the countries -- you go to a bar and everyone is buddy-buddy, crowded around the television cheering for their country's representing athlete. The symbolism behind the age-long Olympic Games is greater than the heinous acts being committed by the companies behind each participant. I think it'd be a lovely integration that I would recognize to the top of my screen whenever I log in. It'd piss me off to see all the sponsors of the games underneath the rings, but since this community is responsible for creating the banner, I doubt that will even occur.

I hope someone does hop on this project -- it sounds fantastic. If the representing countries is a little too big of a task (which it most likely is), then why not simply place the good ol' Union Jack in the background -- after all, since it's London's turn to host the games, why not put the spotlight on the UK?

Well it can't be worse than the food for oil program, right? Right?

Making a banner rotation of all of the worlds flags, with each linking to their wikipedia article or something is a great idea. Boosting world culture. Making people understand more that we are all on one earth, etc...

But don't put it under a label of corporate greed? It completely defeats the purpose and just makes you look gullible to any educated viewer. It doesn't have to say "OLYMPICS 2012" for people to appreciate a world day ( week ).

To see from where everyone comes from, there are tools that you can use for IP localization. But they also include visitors so maybe that won't cut it.

I would love to see this!

I think a banner featuring a whole slew of ponies would do the event justice, rather than just one or two ponies. Perhaps we could have the Mane Six on a track in a stadium, with flashing lights of a monumental crowd around them, preparing to race, and "Olympics 2012" is underneath this is sleek, magnificent font. :)

(edited)

Okay guys, here's my design for the banner, I will be making improvements, so this isn't the final one.

post-820-0-47384100-1343031361_thumb.png

Edited by Narutardedscum!!
  • Brohoof 4

Okay guys, here's my design for the banner, I will be making improvements, so this isn't the final one.

Well, I can honestly say that looks a pretty good banner already. Though maybe all the mane 6 should be included? Just making a suggestion. :)

I agree with this. Also Rainbow Dash and Applejack should be in it jumping through some gold rings or something

As an addition, maybe they should be wearing athlete clothing? Or maybe they're running on a track, jumping on the hurdles or standing at the medal awards ceremony, Twilight is in first position along with two other ponies while AJ and RD are watching in the sidelines looking pretty bummed since they came last (episode reference).

• Brohoof 1

You could also use the tenis pony from the episode where apple bloom trieds to get her cutie mark before she emt the CMC, i don't rmeber the episode name. Also AJ and RD in the athelte outfits could be cool.

I suppose I will submit a banner and just have Feld0 (If he decides this to be something we should do.) pick out which banner to use. I have a cool idea and would love to see a banner for the Olympics.

(edited)

There is the possibility for something really cool to come out of this if done right but part of it will depend on if the vector artists make anything Olympic Games related or not which there probably will be considering how this fandom is so diverse, it would just take some searching.

This turned out really well and although having the Mane 6 in it is an idea I can't really see the other ponies competing in any events as their not athletic like AJ and RD. Maybe Twilight but she would just use her magic for everything where as the other two would use there raw strength which is what sports is about. It would still be interesting possibly funny in my opinion to see how Twilight would fair if she were to compete though.

Edited by Dave247

There is the possibility for something really cool to come out of this if done right but part of it will depend on if the vector artists make anything Olympic Games related or not which there probably will be considering how this fandom is so diverse, it would just take some searching.

This turned out really well and although having the Mane 6 in it is an idea I can't really see the other ponies competing in any events as their not athletic like AJ and RD. Maybe Twilight but she would just use her magic for everything where as the other two would use there raw strength which is what sports is about. It would still be interesting possibly funny in my opinion to see how Twilight would fair if she were to compete though.

Pinkie Pie is actually really fast on the ground, probably faster then Rainbow Dash if she didn't have wings.

Also, in super cider squezzy 6000, Pinkie Pie did this flip. So at least Pinkie Pie also.