Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Recent US weather

Kaneki

Hasn't it been crazy?

Here in Indiana we're under an extreme drought. The water company in Indianapolis is trying to get the water company in my town (Carmel Utilties) to put in a lawn watering ban since a few thousand customers here (around 5,000) are served by the Indianapolis water company, so just to be in sync with everything. I'm on the Carmel Utilities bandwagon so we don't have a ban yet. Carmel said they could handle it because of a new $23mil water pump and filter.

What about where you live?

Here in Utah, apparently the seasons are getting mixed up. We pretty much went straight from winter to summer, but lately we're getting hit with rain like it's suddenly April.

I still contend that Utah's weather is controlled by Loki.

I'm moving to Indiana @_@ crud. Is it really that bad? lol

Oh well :D

I won't have a lawn to water anyways.

Recently the water company in Indy got bought by the gas company (Citizens Energy), and some say it's gotten bad since they bought it. I cannot remember the old name, I know it's Citizens Water now....

We haven't seen some good rain in Oklahoma here in a while. I live on the southwest end of the state and we're in a D3 (extreme) or D4 (exceptional) drought. Then the temperature soars well over 100, sometimes 105 on a regular basis. Last two weeks, we never got below 100 except at night of course. Then there's the plains wind. It's pretty normal for us to be in red flag warnings these days. Fires can be typical during dry summer months. I don't think it's rained since mid-May. We have a 50% chance tomorrow so I'm hoping we get some of that.

In colorado it's been pretty bad. It's been pretty hot. Hopefully we will get rain here pretty soon, because it is just too dry for my liking. People have been saying that the worlds climate is changing, that's why the weather has been so abnormal lately.

Well I live in Sweden..

We had a storm here in Sweden some weeks ago, it lasted for three days! Since it went away the weather has been great :)

Well I live in Sweden..

We had a storm here in Sweden some weeks ago, it lasted for three days! Since it went away the weather has been great :)

I live in Oklahoma and we rarely get rain in the summer. We get a little more rain than desert climates...probably 15 to 20 inches (40 to 50 cm) of rain each year. I'd love to have more rain here...no rain gets kind of depressing. Of course, I bet too much rain is depressing also ;)

It's been raining like crazy here in Georgia. Like... what the crap? It's summer! Rain is not summer weather! GOSH.

Rain in Georgia too? Sounds boring haha. Anyways, LetterONE I didn't know you lived in Georgia haha

(edited)

The summer's been complete crap over here in Denmark this year. Rain, rain, rain... all the time... just recently we've been having pretty good weather. Also, there was a town over here, where it had been snowing... dafuq ? xD

Read the article here about that

Oh, and google translate if you don't understand Danish ^^ :P

Edited by ProjectRKA

Recently in Illinois, the rainiest day of the month was also during a full week of hundred-degree weather. Ever get caught outside in a downpour of hot rain? Not as fun as it sounds. :mellow:

Recently in Illinois, the rainiest day of the month was also during a full week of hundred-degree weather. Ever get caught outside in a downpour of hot rain? Not as fun as it sounds. :mellow:

Happened to me at the state fair years ago. Running to the car... I feel into the mud. Ah, mid-western paradise. To Michigan!

I have the misfortune of living in West Virginia, so the storm that occured recently really messed us up. It knocked out our power for 4 days straigh. Also, multiple trees have almost fallen on my house because I live in a wooded area on a hill.

Ther seems to be weeks between rain here by the lake in Wisconsin lately, but when it comes it comes pouring down HARD. It's been a pretty hot summer too. :blink:

So hot that I've come to find 80 degree weather to be chilly. I literally wore a sweatshirt to walk my dog.

In Washington it's all been nonstop storms of lightning and rain. It's been cold too. Funny thing is, its the middle of summer!

Ther seems to be weeks between rain here by the lake in Wisconsin lately, but when it comes it comes pouring down HARD. It's been a pretty hot summer too. :blink:

I live in Wisconsin. :blink:

Anyhow, where I am:hot then rain, then hot, then rain.

....And then cool, and then hot. It goes on and on and on... I hate this summer.

• Brohoof 1

Down here in New Orleans, it wouldn't stop raining for about four days and then one day it was pouring rain like a tropical storm. Now it's hot as hell and muggy

Great! Now it's pouring again.

Not really all of that crazy if you ask me. It's summer. It's hot. It's always hot during the summer where I live. In addition, we were under a drought last summer as well.

Things are bit more brown/yellow than they were last summer, though.