Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of bronies before you became one yourself?

jacibobsthebrony

(edited)

Hmm what I used to think about bronies?

Before: Bronies are wannabe weaboo weirdos!

After: My Little Brony: Friendship Is AWESOME! Bronies pwn so hard!

Edited by SnowPegasus

(edited)

I thought it was interesting, i didn’t know there was a term at the time as i only knew one guy from my boces class that liked the show, somehow i got interested about it and ran into the first episode of it on youtube, first time i heard the term was probably a couple episodes in and i though it was pretty cool.

Edited by superponylinux

I first saw some memes and pictures and though "This looks like fun!". Then I watched a few episodes and typed "MLP forum" in google because I wanted to talk to fellow pony fans. I didn't realise that community was that huge until I joined :lol:

When I started watching the show there were no other bronies. Unless you count the ones that liked the previous generations but that's besides the point. When I found out there were other fan's of the show, I was stocked man.

(edited)

What did I think, well I first read an article of a grown man defending MLP in gameinformer magazine. My first reaction, I laughed wondering how any grown man could watch it. Yep I laughed at the community that I would one day love.

Edited by Luna Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I'm the kind of person who doesn't usually care what others do as long as they don't look down on me. But, I'd had a few run ins with bronies who tried to force me to watch the show. So, I thought, 'you know what, I'm done with bronies!' But then I ended up in a role play with a brony. He was a bit iritating at times, but he was usually pretty funny. But an argument broke out and the fact that he was a brony was brought into question, so, I suggested that everyone involved in the argument watch at least one episode of the show. After I posted that, I regretted it because I was involved in the argument. I decided to just get it over with as quickly as possible. And then I started thinking, 'Wow, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle are so much like me!' I enjoyed the episode I watched and kept watching more, using headphones so no one would realize what I was watching. Eventually, it came out anyways and now I'm a proud brony.

I had no idea what to think at first. It was so strange, knowing that people my age and up are into My Little Pony.

Then a friend of mine made me watch it. The first three episodes didn't draw me in like she hoped they would, and I stopped there.

Weeks later, I got bored... then I started watching a few more episodes.

Essentially, when I first realized I became a brony:

Posted Image

No regrets today though!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I honestly didn't care. They're very strong men who wernt afraid to admit what they liked or who they were. Many of my brony friends told me to watch it, and I don't regret it.

Edited by Thunderstorm

I was extremely confused. I thought, sure, it might be a good cartoon, but there are plenty of good cartoons that aren't so girly. More and more of my friends started becoming bronies, which just added to my confusion. Then one night I was listening to a podcast (The comedy button), and the hosts were kinda bashing it, and I was thinking that considering so many people are bronies, there has to be some reason why. So I watched an episode... then another, and another, and another, and so on. And here I am!

I was a little skeptical all i had ever known was the G3 toy line so i was like why would you even give this the light of day but my friends at school got me to watch the first episode and fell in love

I liked them. I even watched the first episode just to see what all the fuss was about. The show never really clicked with me until I tried it again a long time after. Then I was hooked. I did think it was a little odd at first, but I'm no stranger to the internet so it didn't really shock me.

Back in the good ol' days of /b/, i thought that you all were trolls trying to get people to admit to liking a girl's show. Once the giant 4chan ban happened, I realized that it was serious and I, not being one to judge before trying, decided I would watch it. But then I completely forgot about that decision until last holiday season.

I'm not sure what I truly though of them becaus I had only heard of bronies from two on my Xbox live friends list. I respected these people and followed their recommendations so I thought they were a solid, slightly odd fandom but later I was proven very wrong.

I thought it was the dumbest thing ever, like many. I never attacked the bronies directly with the usual homophobic slurs that get thrown their way or anything, but I was weirded out by it. Some opinions I've seen are inexcusably biased and ill-informed, however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgUeNpzSy7A

Honestly, I thought the show was stupid. The idea of floating pony's and magic was all a little silly; I really didn't think that the concept of all that was... Appealing. But hey- Dont knock it 'till you try it. It was amazing when i watched my first episode.

I didn't realize it was a serious thing. Like most people, I saw the random bombardment of memes, .gifs and other craziness. I loved the humorous blend of cartoon imagery and internet humor. Last summer I watched an episode or two while channel surfing past the Hub (I think Over a Barrel was the first one I ever saw), and didn't think much of it. Still, I enjoyed the zany action and Pinkie's absurd song. A couple months later I was impressed that the internet continued to crank out more and more images related to the show, via sites like My Little Brony on Memebase.

So I decided to watch the show start to finish, and loved it more and more with each passing minute.

I personally coldn't understand.

I was honestly a lit bit of a hater actually.

Not as in "I hope bronies cease to exist" but more along the lines of why bother liking that show?

However once I went and started watching it out of boredom I really got attached to it, and with that I made steps into the community,

I will be quite honest, I was a dick. I had heard of bronies but had never met one prior to becoming one myself. And I was super judgemental, it makes me sick to even think about what I used to say about bronies when I didnt even have enough information about the culture to make a comment. I am (or more accurately was) the type to judge people based on what I thought was true, i have become better now. I became a brony about 6 or 7 months ago and have never once looked back. It is a great fanbase, everyone (well mostly everyone) is super nice and super awesome, and the show is just phenomenal. I kinda want to go back in time and punch myself in the face for ever thinking uneducated thoughts, but I still do it every now and then, with other things I dont understand, and I am trying to learn from my mistakes.

Personaly my friend told me he was a brony and im like "Oh ok thats cool" but I had no idea what brony meant and just ignored it because I didnt know what he was talking about. When I finnaly found out what a brony was I was thinking "isnt that for little girls?" yet he showed my statistics on a youtube video and it said most people watching were guys 16-30 or something like that. And after I knew who the main group was I was ok well then theese 'bronys' arent to bad, they are just people who enjoy a show, nothing wrong with that. A couple months latter I got around to actualy watching it, and now im here.

(edited)

When I discovered bronys (terraria forums) all my friends hated them so I hated bronys aswell. About 2 weeks after I discovered them me and another friend decided to watch an episode, we figured it wasnt bad and watched all the episodes avalible at the time. I became a brony and my friend still watches, listens and veiws brony fan material but mortally hates bronys and thinks they should all be destroyed.

Edited by jarrod989

I thought it was a little weird, back then i used to watch my little pony YTP's and from just watching those i decided to watch the series.

Loved the show from the instant i saw it i guess :P