Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

It actually completely changed my life. Before I became a pegasister, I didn't have any friends at all. I was always the one "left in the dust" as they say. I actually felt like no one wanted me around. After I watched the show, I had a whole different perspective on life. I started paying attention to the morals and I used them when I met someone new. It helped a lot. I've now made a couple of new friends. I'm proud to call myself a pegasister.

The morales in each episode (whether subliminal or obvious) ought to make viewers kinder. It's just common sense, since its a show made to teach and entertain.

Now to me. The show has shown me a lot, most of which I already knew. But I do know more mythical creatures (draconequus, anyone? :P) and it has made me kinder. It's also helped me bond with my siblings, since they too are bronies, so now we have stuff to talk about :)

• Brohoof 1

It certainly has changed my view on Internet culture. As when I started I thought when watching it on the Internet that it may have some sick twist or something out of the ordinary for everyone to pay attention to it.

But no. It's just a really good cartoon. When my little brother asks why I like it so much, I have no idea what to say. The show is so simple and yet has so many reasons why you can like it.

It's a sense for me as a teen (and maybe this applies if you're an adult) that not everything has to be dark and moody. It can be soft and jolly if you want it to be.

I do think I feel happier/more optimistic, both about myself and about other people. Also, seeing someponies awesome fan art has got me interested in drawing for the first time ever. Overall, this fandom is very inspiring creatively. But that's more about the fandom than the actual show.

MLP has definitely given me a good overhaul. When I had finally accepted me being a brony, I felt this internal glow, that I was actually, truly happy. The main thing I like about the lessons each episode teaches, is that even if they are obvious lessons about friendship and you already know it, they put it in a way that isn't so cliché and actually makes you think.

Finding My Little Pony has also helped me to find my artistic (drawing/gfx) side that I've never been able to surface. Now, not only with MLP itself, but with this forum as well ;) (growing signature thread that I'm so grateful for), I am getting better at drawing and art in general and starting to really enjoy doing it. Were it not for MLP, I'd probably find my artsy side.

So far MLP hasn't changed me a bit. I still act similar to how I did before mid 2011.

The only thing different now is that I now know what I can spend all my free time on.

The show definitely changed me for the better. It helped gain more friends and it also helped me find a very kind & nice community that I'm pretty proud to be a part of. It really made me more happier then I already am, plus it taught me to think of more skills.

Overall it does seem to be intended to teach good values and make you into a better person. It's strange though how so many people I've seen and heard about in the fanbase are like this guy:

Lol.

But I'm glad nobody here is like that. smile.png I love you guys. And everybody here is so accepting. smile.png

I think My little pony has softened me up just a bit, it's made me realize that I should try to avoid negative feelings towards others.

This show is like 'Nam, man... It changes you...

Unlike 'Nam, however, it seems to change you for the better. I used to have severe anger issues, something which I thankfully lost after discovering this show. It's really mellowed me out and allowed me to reach an almost dude-like level of chill.

I'm generally happier and much more accepting of others. I tend to hold my tongue more when i'm angry at someone. I also use the lessons from the show to help me deal with trouble between my friends.

I've actually changed a lot since I started watching mlp. :D

For one thing I've taken to trying to compare my actions with the various ponies, and this has actually made my decisions and outward actions a lot... purer I guess you could say :P especially with Fluttershy. I've taken to speaking out at people less about their faults, which has saved many a friendship. XD

Thanks to Turnabout Storm kick-starting my bronydom back in February, I now pay closer attention whenever I see a MLP:FIM coloring-book, for instance (to the point of seriously contemplating buying it, despite being a 22-year-old male).

P.S. - I know how to color within the lines, dangit!

I am now a little bit more open to things and not so quick to judge them. Also, this has put a lid on my short fuse of a rage that I probably would have put a couple people in the hospital if I wasn't a brony and learned to tolerate.

Thanks to Turnabout Storm kick-starting my bronydom back in February, I now pay closer attention whenever I see a MLP:FIM coloring-book, for instance (to the point of seriously contemplating buying it, despite being a 22-year-old male).

P.S. - I know how to color within the lines, dangit!

Creepy how I watched that same video in January and that is what started my journey into the fandom. (Awesome Coincidence)

But about the topic at hand I really think it has made me see life with a diffirent prespective. In fact one time in a tough situation I found myself reciting the elements of harmony so I would remember how to handle it. I use lessons from the show in everyday life without even thinking about it! I think of certain morales that the show has taught and use it without even thinking! It really has made me a kinder person.

I know it's changed me for the better. I used to be mean and grouchy and stressed 99.9% of the time I was awake. Ever since I started watching MLP, I have been like completely renewed. I'm MUCH more patient now with everything I do, and i'm nicer to everyone and it actually cured my bit of depression I was going through. My stress levels are actually manageable now due to MLP. There may even be more changes in me that i'm not aware of that were fixed. All in all, i'm pretty happy and laid back now. happy.png

It hasn't personally changed me besides changing the culture I participate in. For example, I started watching good anime because of MLP parodies made for some.

The best thing about ponies is that they brought me a lot closer to a friend that was sort of drifting apart. We make music together and for a little while, that was all we would do. MLP gave us something else to share and I'd say we've become best friends.

So yes, I guess My Little Pony did change me, if indirectly.

Not the show, but the COMMUNITY has given me faith in humanity. So nice, you all are, and accepting of different views when another forum like 8wayrun would be far less accepting.

Not the show, but the COMMUNITY has given me faith in humanity. So nice, you all are, and accepting of different views when another forum like 8wayrun would be far less accepting.

Having been on 8wayrun, I can vouch for this.

As for me, I can't say that MLP has profoundly changed my life or anything like that, but it has positively impacted it nonetheless. Like many, I have trouble with depression, and MLP is a way of escaping everything that makes me feel bad. For as long as I want to, I can give myself the luxury of seeing a world where everything always turns out OK. It lifts my mood when nothing else can, and makes me smile, even when I don't want to. It's a refreshing change from all the stuff people my age are "meant" to like. There's nothing adult, nothing sexual, nothing crass, nothing violent here. Just good clean fun and laughs, like cartoons used to be. MLP gives me the chance to be a kid again for a little while during the times when the grown-up world gets to be too much. I know it's just a kids' cartoon, meant to sell toys, but I owe MLP and its creators a lot for giving me that.

The show has made me more tolerant of others opinion. When some body has something strange or awkward, I bite my tongue and tell myself "if I watch a show about ponies for 7 year old girls, I have no right judging this person". In a sence, I guess it has made me more open to things aswell.

I think it's really awesome and fortunate that a little kids show picked up by the "wrong" demographic actually helps some people get through with their life and changes them overall.  Even just the little morals they have at the end of the show can create a clear image on something they have never thought about before and just have it "strike" to you and change your whole outlook on things.  

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic truly is a magical show, and helping people get over depression and anger management and just creating joy, really is something that makes me smile happy.png

And if it weren't for our awesome community too, where we have extremely talented musicians and artists and fanfic writers and much, much more to offer, it just gives us more to commemorate laugh.png

For one thing, I'm down over 30 pounds because I became a brony. If it weren't for MLP, I would've never met this one particular brony athlete that I became friends with, and he never would have inspired me to get in shape. Still have a ways to go before I reach my goals, but I wouldn't even be on this journey if it weren't for the community. ;) There's another guy who was in a similar situation where he got inspired to get into shape after meeting JaxBlade.

Not to mention all the other lessons I've learned and friends I've made by being a brony. ;)

It's helped me to allow myself to indulge in my guilty pleasures (MLP:FiM is one of them) without feeling overwhelming shame, for the most part.

It's also helped me to question gender norms in a way I've never given much thought to before.

It's comforting knowing that guys also appreciate cute and innocent things, because that's always been a side of myself that I've been afraid to show around guys. I thought they'd interpret it as immaturity and weakness.