Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Losing Interest in MLP

Homura Akemi

As the title says. I really don't think it's a big deal. I still like the show, but I have other interests I like more such as Disney and Ojamajo Doremi. I became a brony 11 months ago on August 27. If any of you read a post of mine I published in June, I asked what was so special about Adventure Time. For the first 2 years this show was around, I never liked it. I've recently come to realize I actually enjoy this show now, but not to a "fandom" extent. I still have yet to see Doctor Who.

I wonder if the reason I'm losing interest is because of lack of new episodes for 3 months. I never had a problem with the hiatus, but it could be a possibility. I almost think that once season 3 comes, I will get oober-interested again.

Have any of you had a decline of interest at one point as a fan?

• Brohoof 1

People's interests fluctuate as new things are introduced to them. Things take a backseat to new things, and then sometimes they switch. Happens with me and my Naruto, Sonic, MLP, etc obsessions constantly.

• Brohoof 5

People have been nailed to crosses for less than that.

Jokes, jokes. Even if MLP:FiM is unlike anything I've seen for years, and the community activity is practically unparalleled, it is, at the end of the day, a fad. Albeit a good, long-run fad, but still. Look at Hello Kitty, for instance. Born in 1976, she enjoyed a huge level of popularity and cult following in the 80's, only to die off almost completely in the 90's. In the late 90's and 2000's, we saw a revival and HK is back. Soon, HK will die off again. MLP is just about the same, though it is -far- easier to revive a vague character (Hello Kitty) than an entire show and community. Don't feel bad at all! We'll all find something else to enjoy later down the dark road of a world no longer in love with ponies.

• Brohoof 2

It's easy to burn out on anything. Variety is the spice of life and we are in the annual Summer Pony Drought, after all. It's normal for anyone's interest to wax and wane.

My advice is to go wherever thine heart will take thee and celebrate the days.

In the meantime, if William Anderson's poetry is any guide, there will be plenty of Pony available in the future whenever the mood may strike you. :)

• Brohoof 1

Well.. It's an off season, so there's that. You might lose interest after a while, since all you have to watch is the episodes you have already seen. But I actually know this feel. In my opinion, your interests are ever-changing. While you still may like My Little Pony, some shows may be more prominent in your television watching. It's nothing shocking, it always happens. :/ Like, what about that show you loved BEFORE My Little Pony?

• Brohoof 1

Well.. It's an off season, so there's that. You might lose interest after a while, since all you have to watch is the episodes you have already seen. But I actually know this feel. In my opinion, your interests are ever-changing. While you still may like My Little Pony, some shows may be more prominent in your television watching. It's nothing shocking, it always happens. :/ Like, what about that show you loved BEFORE My Little Pony?

That would be the one I mentioned, Ojamajo Doremi. B)I became a fan 5 years ago in August and I'm still in love with it. :wub:

Eh, whatever floats your boat, not everyone will be into the show as others, I haven't watched episodes in a long long long time now, but the fanbase is pretty cool, and it's the only thing helping me through out the 3 month break xD

but I'm sure when the episodes return you'll be back to normal :3

That would be the one I mentioned, Ojamajo Doremi. B)I became a fan 5 years ago in August and I'm still in love with it. :wub:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there ever a time where you didn't like Ojamajo Doremi as much as you used to? Then later, that interest came back? This usually happens a bit. :P

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there ever a time where you didn't like Ojamajo Doremi as much as you used to? Then later, that interest came back? This usually happens a bit. :P

A little, but never a declining interest. As for another show I liked before My Little Pony, hmmm, that's a tough one. I can "like" a show, but it takes a bit for me to be in "fandom" mode for it.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I lose interest in things all the time. Soon, you'll come back to us. Don't worry, it happens to me all the time. Right now, being a brony has replaced all the other things I enjoy. But, I hope one day to return to anime and Transformers.

"One does not simply lose interest in MLP."

Anyway, I don't think I'll be losing any interest in MLP until the whole show dies off or until this forum stops running from the lack of fans.

• Brohoof 1

I loose intrest in many things if I haven't read or watched them for a while, though I'll eventually come back to the show/book. Though I'm starting to hate Warriors books.

My interest has not declined a bit, I just really enjoy watching and talking about ponies. I have plenty of other interests too of course, but MLP is by far what I am currently most interested in. :blink:

Remember that season 3 is coming very soon, it will likely reignite your interest very much(and serve to add fuel to the burning passionate fire that is mine). ;)

Why is the NFL the most successful sports league in the world? They taper their product. Some fans of football say they kinda get sick of all 17 weeks of football by the last few weeks. But when playoffs roll around, they are revitalized. When the offseason hits, fans are juiced up to see their favorite time take the field again after several months of no football.

The point is, take a break from MLP:FiM. Now is the time to do so because season 3 is come up soon. Go cold turkey on ponies and come back fresh and ready to go for season 3. It works for me when I overplay a video game!

When I read the topic title, this is what rolled though my head. (Just replace the word "water" with "fandom" or "show")

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=50DdxpAv_oY

Ummm. Alright. That's quite random. :huh: I haven't played Minecraft yet, though I want to.

Why is the NFL the most successful sports league in the world? They taper their product. Some fans of football say they kinda get sick of all 17 weeks of football by the last few weeks. But when playoffs roll around, they are revitalized. When the offseason hits, fans are juiced up to see their favorite time take the field again after several months of no football.

The point is, take a break from MLP:FiM. Now is the time to do so because season 3 is come up soon. Go cold turkey on ponies and come back fresh and ready to go for season 3. It works for me when I overplay a video game!

I pretty much am on hiatus from the show for the most part despite being on the forums. :lol: I am glad you specifically have commented, pwny. I respect you for that post you made about how the show helped you.

Ummm. Alright. That's quite random. :huh: I haven't played Minecraft yet, though I want to.

I pretty much am on hiatus from the show for the most part despite being on the forums. :lol: I am glad you specifically have commented, pwny. I respect you for that post you made about how the show helped you.

Thank you for valuing my post :) I'm a relatively new brony so I have yet to get to the point you have with following this show. Because of that, I don't know if I am going to get tired of it any time soon. As of right now however, I'm just getting started!

Then there's those classic sayings like, "To each his own." or "Different strokes for different folks."

I guess its good that your still here, I hope your still active on this here site. I must say i haven't really lost interest at all and i hope to keep it that way. Just keep watching and carry on ;D

• Brohoof 1

Its fine to lose interest. MLP will most likely still be here. Maybe its a good thing. As for me, I'm not losing interest anytime soon. I may have other interest go along side it, but MLP is my top priority. There is just so much this fandom has accomplished that I just love seeing it. :D

It's understandable to lose interest is a show if their are no new episodes.

I started watching Doctor Who almost a year ago. I started at the 9th Doctor. Then when I final finished the episodes and got cot up tell I was at the same point as everyone else, I lost interest to.

I know there are other episodes and other shows based off of Doctor Who, but I just don't want to spend all that time trying to watch all those episode. I have tried to watch older one, but it's just not catching my interest.

(edited)
Your feeling withdrawal from new episodes, don't worry, just 2 months left, plus this is my first fandom I'm a member of, I haven't left any other ones. Edited by Mordecai