Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many of you watch Anime?

Samurshy

Anime?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Do you watch anime?

• Yes, I WATCH ANIME ALL THE TIME, I am a regular otaku.
    • I watch some anime but I wouldnt consider myself an otaku.
    • I don't watch anime, I only watch ponies.

(edited)

I hate that dub. Bad puns everywhere, unfitting background music, uneeded name changes. I swear, 4kids ruins everything they thouch. :/ I used to watch the dub, then I found out that everyone hated 4kids. I looked up why, and found out it's because they censor everything, and are kind of racist. Their former CEO, Al Kahn, has said some interesting things. Such as "By the time we localize the programs kids don't even know they're from Japan any more." and "Japan is over… anime was tired… in the doldrums, and too derivative.". Yeah, not a nice guy. Thank Celestia he retired.

Yeah I do not like 4kids anymore and have not for quite some time. But when I was a kid, I did not give a crap. It was bright and colorful moving cartoons and that is all I needed to know.

(Being an adult is HAAAARRD)

~

(Inset immature "that's what she said" joke) No I get you. I have to hustle to get all of my college classes signed up for, signing scholarship apps day and night. Not knowing if I will have enough money to go to school for the full four years. <--- Those are my adult problems. Not to serious but adult nonetheless. I hardly have time for anime anymore Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah I do not like 4kids anymore and have not for quite some time. But when I was a kid, I did not give a crap. It was bright and colorful moving cartoons and that is all I needed to know.

(Inset immature "that's what she said" joke) No I get you. I have to hustle to get all of my college classes signed up for, signing scholarship apps day and night. Not knowing if I will have enough money to go to school for the full four years. <--- Those are my adult problems. Not to serious but adult nonetheless.

Makes sense. XD Yeah, I also used to watch thier Pokemon dub. If I could find them all in Japanese I would, but I only found episode 1-9 on some Rusian site with subs, and then the current season everywhere. I want to watch it in order, but I suppose I can't. Besides, watching all of Pokemon in Japanese in order would take forever. *.*

Yes, I enjoy it. Some of my favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist and Birdy the Mighty:Decode. I definitely no otaku though.

FMA FTW. I liked brotherhood more than the original full metal alchemist. I think it might easily be the best anime out there.
  • Brohoof 1

FMA FTW. I liked brotherhood more than the original full metal alchemist. I think it might easily be the best anime out there.

You know, I haven't watched that much of brotherhood. I liked what I saw. Everyone keeps telling me that it's way better than the first one so I should I watch again sometime.

I do, I've been an anime fan since I remember. My first one was Dragon Ball Z, then in 1996 when Pokemon came out I was hooked and I also got into the games, ( I still play it) also YuGiOh!, good times dueling other people, it was funny how it was like the only cool card game back in the day, besides Magic. I like other ones like InuYasha, Gundam, Vocaloid, Naruto, High School of the Dead, and my most recent one, Bleach. I'd consider myslef an Otaku since anime is all I watch besides MLP xD, well theres my response, later guise =D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

post-5757-0-11361900-1343587231_thumb.png

Flutter vi Equestria!

I used to watch a lot of anime, but haven't done so in a month now. The only airing series I follow is Fairy Tail, I've dropped and tried to get back to and repulsed by fillers dropped Naruto again. According to my animeplanet profile, I have 3 weeks and 5 days of anime (de facto month), I've watched 39 animes, watching 7, and have 10 on my queue.

The first anime I watched was Bleach, which usually ranged from "meh, I have spare time" to "omg this is so awesome". Second anime I watched, believe it or not... Elfen Lied. It's about this genetically mutated girl, who can slice shit telekinetically (including human bodies), escaping (violently) from the research lab she was detained in, then losing her memory and gets taken in by a clueless but well meaning guy. Also plot twists (and violence) as the story further progresses. Third anime, Angel Beats. No language can sufficiently define how awesome it is.

Edited by Whiteshade
  • Brohoof 1

I watch some anime. I really need to get back into it though, there's so many amazing ones I've been told to watch that I haven't yet. (Namely Soul Eater. It looks pretty awesome) Right now I'm really into Bleach and Deadman Wonderland (both english dub).

(edited)

It's 3rd place in most important things in my life. 2nd is video games. 1st of course, is ponies. yay.

Edited by Skar

Flutter vi Equestria!

I used to watch a lot of anime, but haven't done so in a month now. The only airing series I follow is Fairy Tail, I've dropped and tried to get back to and repulsed by fillers dropped Naruto again. According to my animeplanet profile, I have 3 weeks and 5 days of anime (de facto month), I've watched 39 animes, watching 7, and have 10 on my queue.

The first anime I watched was Bleach, which usually ranged from "meh, I have spare time" to "omg this is so awesome". Second anime I watched, believe it or not... Elfen Lied. It's about this genetically mutated girl, who can slice shit telekinetically (including human bodies), escaping (violently) from the research lab she was detained in, then losing her memory and gets taken in by a clueless but well meaning guy. Also plot twists (and violence) as the story further progresses. Third anime, Angel Beats. No language can sufficiently define how awesome it is.

You sir, just named every single one of my favorite animes. Well, most of them anyway. I love elfin lied, and I love angle beats, ending is kinda sad though, but it was great.

I like watching anime but I would not say that I am an otaku. I've been watching all episodes of Pokémon and i recently started watching Yu-gi-oh from episode 1. I have also seen season 1 to 5 of Digimon and all episodes of Avatar.

(edited)

I watch anime from time to time. And by that I mean very rarely. When I do watch anime, though, it's Hunter x Hunter or maybe something else I feel like watching. (disregard as of 9/24/2012)

As a side note, I watched all of Death Note a few years ago but have never re-watched it. I may or may not. It just depends if I feel like watching it again or not.

*Enters sage mode*

*Major update*

Now that I have a lot of time on my hands, I watch anime a lot. My favorite genre is slice of life. I don't know why. It just is. Maybe it's the comedy aspect. I'm not really sure. All I know is that I really enjoy slice of life anime. K-On is probably my favorite anime at this point.

Edited by Lolness The Hunt

(edited)

I like to watch anime. I think what got me into it was Toonami. My brother also used to watch Dragon Ball Z and I watched it with him. By late elementary school or early middle school I started to become a little bit more involved in shows like Naruto and Bleach. A few years later though I started to get tired of those kind of animes (with the filler episodes and too much talking) and started watching anime like fate/zero, Death Note, Higurashi no naku koro ni. I think the seriousness of the show and how intense they were was what sucked me even more into it.

Now I watch anime pretty often. Mainly because there are so many shows I haven't seen yet. I don't consider myself an Otaku though.

Edited by Elric

I like to watch anime. I think what got me into it was Toonami. My brother also used to watch Dragon Ball Z and I watched it with him. By late elementary school or early middle school I started to become a little bit more involved in shows like Naruto and Bleach. A few years later though I started to get tired of those kind of animes (with the filler episodes and too much talking) and started watching anime like fate/zero, Death Note, Higurashi no naku koro ni. I think the seriousness of the show and how intense they were was what sucked me even more into it.

Now I watch anime pretty often. Mainly because there are so many shows I haven't seen yet. I don't consider myself an Otaku though.

Oh goodness, When they Cry (Higurashi) Is such a fucked up weird anime, it is like the twilight zone or the outer limits, in anime form. It trips me out every episode I watched. I was all like WHAT THE BUCK. It is a good anime but it did a great job of confusing the shit out of me.

Oh goodness, When they Cry (Higurashi) Is such a fucked up weird anime, it is like the twilight zone or the outer limits, in anime form. It trips me out every episode I watched. I was all like WHAT THE BUCK. It is a good anime but it did a great job of confusing the shit out of me.

The first season of Higurashi plays on the concept of paranoia, and the second season is a dark mystery type. Also killing and stuff in between. What's not to get?

It is actually one of my favorite animes. Just because of the whole concept and the complexity of it all. It made me really like the characters and guessing what would happen in each ark. Some of the twists are really good too. But unlike other shows, it explained things in the second season (higurashi no naku koro ni kai). If you want to watch a confusing anime, watch Serial Experiments Lain. You won't know what hit you by the end of the 13 episode series and will be pretty confused.

I enjoy anime once in a while, just a certain portion of it. Up to a couple of years ago I would finish watching an entire series in a week but than most of it became stale with bad writing and bland characters. Once in a while though there is a a saving grace in the endless sea of anime.

(edited)

It is actually one of my favorite animes. Just because of the whole concept and the complexity of it all. It made me really like the characters and guessing what would happen in each ark. Some of the twists are really good too. But unlike other shows, it explained things in the second season (higurashi no naku koro ni kai). If you want to watch a confusing anime, watch Serial Experiments Lain. You won't know what hit you by the end of the 13 episode series and will be pretty confused.

if you want to watch a confusing anime watch umineko no naku koro ni. and what got me into being an otaku was most likely .hack//sign Edited by leo dash

if you want to watch a confusing anime watch umineko no naku koro ni. and what got me into being an otaku was most likely .hack//sign

Umineko as a anime was terrible. The visual novel was so much better, and so much easier to understand. The main reason why the anime was so confusing is because they messed up the plot too much and it was really rushed. Higurashi was better in that it was pretty good with following the visual novel.

Umineko as a anime was terrible. The visual novel was so much better, and so much easier to understand. The main reason why the anime was so confusing is because they messed up the plot too much and it was really rushed. Higurashi was better in that it was pretty good with following the visual novel.

it vn of umineko is of my second favorite vn the higurashi one is ok but higurashi anime 100x better
  • Brohoof 1

L is more attractive. Dark hair FTW in my book XD Light is just frightening. There's a guy at my school who looks just like him. O.O Never anger that boy! :P

L was amazing, and made me watch the series more.

I like to watch anime. I think what got me into it was Toonami.

Toomani is back and I am SOOOOO happy it is, I need to get cable or satellite.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really watch anime. It's not that I don't find it interesting. It's just that I never really bothered to look much into it.

I watched Naruto a few years ago.

I watched Pokemon more years ago.

This is all. These are the only animes I've ever watched...

I don't really watch anime. It's not that I don't find it interesting. It's just that I never really bothered to look much into it.

I watched Naruto a few years ago.

I watched Pokemon more years ago.

This is all. These are the only animes I've ever watched...

I'm not a big fan of naruto. Many people are not, in fact. You should try watching a short 13 episode anime, and see if you like it. I suggest the anime called Another. It's a suspense horror (I didn't find it that scary).