Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many of you watch Anime?

Samurshy

Anime?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Do you watch anime?

• Yes, I WATCH ANIME ALL THE TIME, I am a regular otaku.
    • I watch some anime but I wouldnt consider myself an otaku.
    • I don't watch anime, I only watch ponies.

I do! :D I'm still trying to finish Sword Art Online though. >.< I've been too darn lazy to watch more. xP I'm not an otaku though. I don't watch much anime. :3

Edited by Felix

I only really enjoy the silly, nonsensical slice of life type anime. My favorites are probably Chuunibyou, D-Frag!, Mitsudomoe, and Seitokai Yakuindomo.

You should give Ouran Highschool Host Club a try. It's one of my favorites. In a rarity for me (See what I did there?) I even loved the live action version. I don't normally care for when an anime I like comes out as live action. One of my all time favorite anime series is "You're Under Arrest". I watched the first two episodes of the live action, and HATED it!

You may also like "Seitokai no Ichizon" (Student Council's Discretion) It's a show about nothing, featuring a female student council with one male member. He has lofty goals of making the council his harem, but the girls, although they truly like him, keep him in line.

Right now I just started re-watching "Maze: Mega Burst Space". I watched the series something like 15 years ago, and now luckily have the DVDs! Sadly, the region one DVD release used the censored version of the anime! (Not that it's hentai or anything!) I'll post a Youtube best moments video,  (Couldn't find one, so here's the opening!) but it'll probably only show up as a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f3sq6RxXLk

The theme is a bit corny, but achieves true awesomeness through the use of really cheap rhymes in English! 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I like anime. Not all kinds and shows, mind you. I started watching it as a kid, and with the advent of fast internet connections it was so much easier to watch whatever i wanted whenever i wanted - the only thing i have to do i know where to look. I like watching animes with some character development and intriguing plot.

I think the last interesting one i watched was the Hunter x Hunter reboot.

I like anime. Not all kinds and shows, mind you. I started watching it as a kid, and with the advent of fast internet connections it was so much easier to watch whatever i wanted whenever i wanted - the only thing i have to do i know where to look. I like watching animes with some character development and intriguing plot.

I think the last interesting one i watched was the Hunter x Hunter reboot.

When I first started watching anime, it was on my brother's bootleg VHS tapes!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I watch anime on very rare occasions. I don't have anything against it, it's just not something I ever really got into. It just doesn't fit my personality very well.

• Brohoof 1

I need to catch up on my anime stuff. The last anime I watched was Kill La Kill and I stopped in the middle. I'm gonna change that sometime today. Other choices include Log Horizon, the new Sailor Moon anime, Attack on Titan, and the new Sword Art Online season. Man, life really throws you off. lol. 

My favorite anime of all time is Angel Beats. It doesn't fail to make me cry. 

Edited by Starflower

• 2 years later...

I do, though rarely. Sadly, most anime seems to be plagued by cliches and tropes, many of which are very similar to each other. Attack On Titan is the only anime I watch regularly. I did watch all of Deadman Wonderland, though that is only 13 episodes and I was watching One Piece for a while, until I realized that every story arc is exactly the same. 

Oh and I also watched a little over half of Death Note. What a horrendous show that is. Remember when I just mentioned tropes and clichés in anime? Death Note is basically that incarnate. 

• Brohoof 1

While I do really like Anime, I haven't seen a lot of it, although I am trying to get into more series.

Right now I am currently enjoying Digimon Adventure Tri and season 2 of My Hero Academia, while I am waiting for the second season of Yuki Yuna is a Hero to arrive.

Oh yeah... I watch anime

I gotta admit, though, anime has really gone downhill in recent years :/ So much lazy animation and generally generic plots/ characters/ pandering elements... ugh.

Last good anime I watched was Anohana, before that Ikoku Meiro No Croisee, and before that it was freaking 2008 -.- I still consider myself a massive weaboo, but I am just not as enthusiastic about anime as I used to be. Maybe when the next earth-shattering show like Death Note or Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni comes out, my I will regain interest. 

Nah, I just don't care for anime. There's a very small handful I've enjoyed over the years, but for the most part anime shows tend to be way too edgy, quirky, or just plain dark for my tastes. 

• Brohoof 1

I like anime, but I haven't watched any anime for a while. I'm planning to try and catch up in some anime at some point. When I was young I used to watch Voltron, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho and Cardcaptor Sakura. This was all back on Toonami back on Cartoon Network. Back then I never knew what anime was, but I learned about it when I was in middle school. I saw one of my friends reading a Naruto manga. I was curious as to what it was, but while reading I thought it was pretty awesome. I started collecting manga and watched more anime after that. 

Moving this thread over to Media Discussion as it relates to TV shows/movies. 

I watch anime sporadically and tend to stick with one show at a time. I love supernatural and magical girl animes, though slice of life is also enjoyable! :) 

I'd still consider myself to be somewhat new to anime, so I'm still testing the waters a bit. :P 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anime is a mixed bag, there are Anime i love like One Piece, Case Closed, Black Butler, Hellsing, Death Note, Digimon, Gunslinger Girl, .hack//sign ( even though that one is a bit boring ) Yu-Gi-Oh and others, but there are also Anime i dislike, like Highscool of the Dead, Highscool D x D, DearS and other overly sexual Series. I basically dislike all Anime, in which the main focus is on the boobs. Really giant unrealistic ones.

But all in all, i still watch Anime. I dont focus on any specifc anime right now, but i watch Attack on Titan and Psycho Pass from time to time. And i thought about collecting some Case Closed Dvd Box Sets.

Edited by Lex Destrosio

I used to be very heavy into binge watching anime but have slowly settled out of it. Its really just a lack of interest in the current titles. I only so so keep up on Dragon Ball super, One Piece and Naruto. But really only when im bored and they are recommended on youtube. Id honestly watch more if there was more to watch but I find myself only catching the clips of anime on youtube and be satisfied with that instead of watching hours and hours of filler and plot when it doesnt matter in the long run anyway.

I guess you could say I watch it often. It's my go-to when I have nothing better to do, which happens a lot. I've watched around 150~ different series.

Right now I only follow 2 animes: One Piece (manga) and Dragonball Super

However I also like older animes like Naruto, Yugioh (until 5 D's. I stopped the anime after this season because I didn't like the preview for Zexal), Digimon (stopped the anime after Savers) and some others

throw things at me for only just watching Cowboy Bebop, but I simply adore it! It had been on my anime viewing list for years and i got to watch it this week. <3

Im not all about anime, but I do enjoy it. Recently though Ive been in a mood to just marathon a load. Im more drawn to watch the Ghibliesque movies though. 

Last week I finished off Miss Kobyashi's dragon Maid and Im watching the dub of Attack on Titan. Waiting on the dub of the new LUpin series too (Lupin III is my fave series). Im after dubs because I can have them on whilst I draw, just prefer it this way, i do sometimes watch subs. Most of the ghibli movies I saw first were subs anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow old thread is old, what happened to the other anime topic?

Anyway, yes! And a lot too. Recently I've been watching like ten anime shows at a time.. Got so into them haha :P Just saw that a show that I like very much called Yama no Susume is getting a third season. Really hyped about that! It's about some girls climbing mountains in japan. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8NBFArwq8