Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

Thankfully this wasn't nearly as bad as I feared 6/10

I wish I could give it a bit higher but I don't like the male vocals. the female vocals are good.

Got a real happy song for ya here and it's pony 

10/10 :yay: great song

makes me wonder.... Am I evil? 

I heard this song while listening to my local classic rock radio station and was overwhelmed about how great it was (IMO) no wonder I love Van Halen so much!!! :wub:

(edited)

7/10

I rated the second song, pretty nice, pretty good voice. Sounds a little different from a typical Top 40 song, in a good way.

Edited by Fillypino Fried

(edited)

6/10

Pretty fun, although I don't know, my sense of humor has kinda turned jaded lately for that stuff. :wacko:

I've posted this song multiple times before, but, well, that was the original artist. :nom:

Edited by Fillypino Fried

I've almost caught up now.

Ylvis: What Does the Fox Say: 6/10. Note that I don't keep music videos in mind when rating music. The vocalist can obviously sing well, overall it's well-produced (overproduced?), and there's actually some variety in the music, and the drums are surprisingly good for mainstream ”pop” music (Elecronic Dance Music, accoding to Wikipedia). I don't like the chorus though.

Helloween: 7/10. Catchy.

Fever: 6/10. The vocals are pretty bad, but even if they were different I doubt they'd be very impressive. The bassline is pretty nice, as is the drumming. There are some layers to this. Would I listen to this? Probably not, but I can see why people might.

Demon Hunter: Subjective: 6/10 or 7/10. Objective: 7/10 or 8/10. The intro is nice, with a catchy melody. I dislike the singing, sounds too much like Chester in Linkin Park. The chorus is borderline whiny, but not quite. The song has a lot of good points, such as pretty good melodies, not being oversimplified, and overall easy to listen to. Would I listen to it myself? Probably not, but I totally understand why people would. The chorus is kind of catchy too.

Brocas Helm: 8/10. This song could've been awesome with some improvements, now it's ”merely” great. Good technicallity, energy, and decent enough vocals. Something is ”off” though, which makes me deduct a point (which, granted, 8/10 is still a great score). Could be the low production value, or just something being off.

Judas Priest: 7/10 or 8/10. Painkiller with some symphonic metal elements? Huh. The guitars are pretty nice at times, adding some extra layers to listen to, though I'm not sure if the symphonic elements really fit Judas Priest. Still, it's a pretty good song. The atmosphere feels somewhat ”odd” though, and not in a good way.

Altar of Oblivion: 8/10. Those guitars. I'm not a super fan of the singing, but those guitars.

Death Angel: 6/10. The vocals to instrumental music balance is a bit off (the vocals are too loud compared to the instrumental music). The singing isn't particularly impressive either, and the instrumental music is fairly repetitive, without being very inspiring. The guitar solo is pretty nice though. Oh, and @Soaring Symphony, that isn't death metal, it's somewhat slow trash metal (for trash metal's standards, anyway).

Lullaby for a Princess: 7/10. The the Luna vocalist isn't the strongest, but the Celestia vocalist partly makes up for it with beautiful singing and emotions (though the song would be better if she were a slightly stronger singer). The piano is very nice and emotive. The song is far too long though, it gets a bit repetitive.

Trelleborg: 7/10. Some nice melodies. Sometimes it sounds a bit artificial though, like it was made by synths rather than real instruments (which is probably the case, to be fair).

Itsalloverme: 1/10. Let's see... When making good music good, it needs to have some good aspects. It doesn't need to have every good aspect, but at least one or two (preferably more). Melody, energy, beauty, emotions, harmony, complexity, variety, catchiness, technicality, production value, power, and atmosphere are the major aspects I would ascribe to good music. There are probably a few others that I forgot, too. This song is lacking in melody, energy, beauty, emotions, harmony, complexity, variety, catchiness, technicality, power, and atmosphere. It sounds mostly like random noise to me. On the up side, the production value isn't bad. Still though, I'm curious: Which aspects of the song makes you like it? I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, it's possible I've overlooked some vital aspects, though I'm currently not seeing it.

Dream Theater: 8/10. Good atmosphere, very good production value, pretty good singing, sometimes fairly complex guitars, some variety.

Anthriel: 9/10 or 10/10. Awesome stuff, I should check out that band! Decent energy, good power, really nice variety, fairly good complexity, really good melodies, and nice and cheerful and folky atmosphere. Also, the vocalist is really impressive, better than most metal singers. Easily one of the best songs posted in this thread that I haven't heard before.

Angra: 8/10 or 9/10. That guitar solo! Good energy, nice melodies, plenty of things to listen to, good harmony.

Poison: 7/10. Catchy.

ABSRDST & Diveo: 5/10 or 6/10. Various melodies, good ”power” at times, decent amount of variety, sometimes catchy. Parts of the song is annoying though, but overall it's pretty decent. I like parts of the song, and dislike parts of it. Unfortunately, the parts I dislike take up quite a significant portion of the song.

Sabaton: 7/10. Very catchy (and cheesy) chorus. Perhaps too cheesy, it doesn't quite fit Sabaton. Still, it's fun.

Morning Mimosa: 6/10. Generic drumming, kind of slow. It gets kind of boring and repetitive with active listening, but... It's not too bad as background music, and it got a pretty nice ”groove.”

Unleash the Archers: 8/10. Nice.

Van Canto: 8/10. At first, I wasn't too big of a fan, but it grew on me upon further listenings.

Aurelleah & Kadenza: 7/10. Happy, cheerful, catchy, with some melodies. Fun times.

Diamond Head: 8/10. Old school.

Van Halen: 7/10. It's pretty cool that many old rock bands dared to use unconvential instruments.

Last one for now:

Eiffel 65: 6/10. I'm blue... Wait, they made more than one song? Huh. It's decent.

We've done the original, and the Nightwish cover. Time for the Thyrfing cover!

1 hour ago, Ironic Nickname said:

Itsalloverme: 1/10. Let's see... When making good music good, it needs to have some good aspects. It doesn't need to have every good aspect, but at least one or two (preferably more). Melody, energy, beauty, emotions, harmony, complexity, variety, catchiness, technicality, production value, power, and atmosphere are the major aspects I would ascribe to good music. There are probably a few others that I forgot, too. This song is lacking in melody, energy, beauty, emotions, harmony, complexity, variety, catchiness, technicality, power, and atmosphere. It sounds mostly like random noise to me. On the up side, the production value isn't bad. Still though, I'm curious: Which aspects of the song makes you like it? I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, it's possible I've overlooked some vital aspects, though I'm currently not seeing it.

Well damn, you sure gave this song a thrashing... Umm but since you asked what I like about It... I suppose I will tell you

I just like the unique sound of the song. The lead in to the first drop has some pretty nice vocals with sort of a groovy instrumental that I really like. Then as for the drop I think it hits hard and has a very different sound. I like the unique way the vocals in the drop are cut up. I like songs like this that try to be experimental and don't really sound like anything else you would hear. This is the kind of real unique stuff that I think you are hard pressed to find nowadays. If you don't like it, that's fine. But I think this song is real good with it's very different sound 

As for the song you posted here it's meh 5/10
Sorry It not really my style 

I think it's time I showed this thread... some waves of vapor 

7/10. It's pretty good background music and I would assume for certain altered states of mind. It is pretty generic sounding (since it's vaporwave) and is just too short for me to enjoy to the fullest extent.

I've posted this song a few times before, but I'm on a never ending quest to make these guys more known.