Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

(edited)

Almost caught up.

Twilightning: 9/10. Excellent example on power metal done right. Full of energy, fairly technical and complex, good amount of variety, catchy chorus, good singing, and overall a ton of fun. I should check out that band!

Blind Guardian: 9/10. Nightfall in Middle-Earth is one of the best power metal albums of all time, in my opinion.

Agalloch: 8/10. Interesting atmosphere. Dark and cold, but also with some hope. I like it. It's not super-technical, but there's at least some complexity to it, and it creates a nice mood. While there is variation, some segments are a bit too long for their own good, so it gets repetitive at times. The song might work better as a background song, but it's really good at doing that!

Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber: 4/10. The intro is nice, the singing is fairly cringeworthy (in my opinion), and the song is mostly focused on the singing.

Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson: 6/10. With a name like ”Symphony”, you'd think they'd actually make it sound like a symphony. Anyway, it's a decent pop song.

Demi Lovato: 6/10. Decent pop song.

Iron Maiden: 6/10. Not everything they make is gold.

Funny Song: 6/10. Pretty catchy. I generally don't want to let lyrics influence my score too much, so I tried to ignore the lyrics and just listen to the music. It's catchy, but nothing special, and the singing isn't very impressive (it's okay).

Nightwish: 7/10. Good cover, but the original is better (and I also prefer Thyrfing's version). The chorus is, in my opinion, significantly worse.

Judas Priest: 5/10. Kind of mediocre.

James Blackshaw: 8/10. It's nice.

Metallica: 7/10 or 8/10. Old Metallica had so much more energy than new Metallica.

Blank Banshee: 6/10. It's chill. Good background music, not too much to actively listen to though.

Hoth: 8/10. I reviewed it before.

AC/DC: 7/10. Old school hard rock, why not?

Jason Gray: 5/10. Okay pop music.

Katy Perry Ft. Nicki Minaj: 3/10. The rapping part are plain boring, and the chorus isn't even that good.

Gravedigger: 7/10. It's good, but not that special.

The Band Perry: 5/10. It's fine. Bit bland, though.

Milwaukee Wildmen: 6/10. Good energy, decently fun to listen to.

Eluvetie: 7/10. Good ol' Tri Martolod. This version feels a bit off at times though. Still good, but could've been better.

Rainbow: 9/10.Rising is, in my opinion, one of the best old school hard rock albums.

Sunn O))): 6/10. Decent background music, kind of boring for active listening though, and there is better background music out there.

Roper Amplify: 6/10. Fairly simple, though not really bad. EDIT: 5/10 was a bit too low, it deserves at least 6/10.

And time for the latest song:

Alestorm ft. Lady Gaga: 7/10. Nice drumming, the singing isn't bad, and there's some variety. At times the vocals kind of clash with the instruments though. As far as remixes go this is a pretty good one.

Here's another Lady Gaga remix that I found:

Edited by Ironic Nickname
  • Brohoof 2

7/10. It's fun and would probably be a good shitpost song (especially the polka half.) I wouldn't download it and unironically listen to it, though, and a remix of a song that I can't stand.

(edited)

4/10 It started off as kind of meh, but then it transitioned into the cringy death metal stuff.  I don't like it.

I know there's a million versions of this song but this one is my favorite.  For one thing, it's just cool to hear how the three different sets of instrumentals (synthesizer, orchestral and chiptune) all complement each other so well or how the different lyrics just sort of fit together and even kind of rhyme despite being from totally different versions of the song.  However, my favorite thing about this song is that it's almost like the three characters involved in the Sans fight (Sans, Chara, and Frisk (a stand in for the player)) are all having a conversation with each other.  I love it.

Edited by Soaring Symphony

6/10

Good voice, nothing really interesting in the music department IMO.

3 hours ago, Soaring Symphony said:

cringy death metal stuff.

You call that death metal? 

That's pretty tame compared to the next song. :o

It's OK... not something i would rush to listen to though, but it was pretty nice for what it is. 7/10

Artist: Darkness Dynamite

Song: Hell Eve Hate

Album: The Astonishing Fury Of Mankind

Genre: Metalcore/Thrash

(edited)

I am sorry but I fucking hate this this so.... 0/10 

The worst kind of metal for me is this screaming shit. If you like it then cool, more power to you but for me this was physically painful to listen to.

been meaning to post this one for a while

Edited by Zantetsuken