Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

I enjoy Adventure Time.

I believe Obama was not the WORST pick for president (but not the best...)

I think Deadly Premonition, Revenge of The Sunfish, and Facade are great games. (some of them are really hilarious if nothing else)

• Brohoof 1

I saw it, and I wanted to quote it, but I dunno, I didn't want to sound dickish. Apparently, I forgot and quoted RD instead. I still really don't care if it's childish to hate that word, I still do, and probably always will. No one can tell me otherwise, I MAY have exceptions, but it's highly unlikely.   The reason why I said "I don't give a damn" is because I really don't give a damn. Simple as that. I'm sorry if I'm being an asshat, but that's how it is when it comes to that word, and some other opinions. Tell me to deal with it, I'll say "fuck that".   Again, I hate being an asshole to you like this, but when you're telling stuff like that, I'm just gonna ignore it. You won't change mah opinion ('Cause I'm stubborn like that).

There's a difference between hating a word and ignoring an opinion and being a dick back, at least to me. Be careful how you treat people who use the word "overrated" casually. I've said this before and I'll say it again: You're not God. You're not the boss of me.

How about this: Every post, status comment, etc. I make will include the word in it. That way, the entire day you're ignoring me and bashing on my opinion, whatever it is.

I'll make this statement: "Applejack is sexy! Derpy is overrated." Your response? 

The "freedom of speech" part of your post is irrelevant; spas-ticShotty isn't saying "you can't use that word" or anything like that. Though on his profile he says to never use it around him, it's more for exaggeration rather than an imperative statement.

Irrelevant? Spazzy mentioned that he reposted the opinion of strongly disliking the word overrated. He did, in fact, say to everyone that they shouldn't use the word around him, including me, especially me, having commented that I'm one of the people who use it more often than others.

It's his "unpopular opinion" in the end to maybe dislike and ignore posts that use the word overrated. Unless I completely missed a post where he's commanding you not to use the word (if I did, I will look like a fool). Otherwise, I don't find you two's arguments valid.

Yes, he had commanded me not to use the word, and I have responded back then. 

Irrelevant? Spazzy mentioned that he reposted the opinion of strongly disliking the word overrated. He did, in fact, say to everyone that they shouldn't use the word around him, including me, especially me, having commented that I'm one of the people who use it more often than others.

Shouldn't ≠ command. He's saying you shouldn't use that word when you're around him because that could result in him ignoring your post, not telling you "you cannot use this word."

If Spazzy truly did say "You are not allowed to use that word around me," then that's wrong on his part.

Edited by Scootabloom
  • Brohoof 1

And about more foxes... the show 'Red Eye' from Fox

The Show Red Eye also called bronies unemployed manchildren who collect disability checks for our pony addictions. 

As for my own opinion...

American music as a whole is pretty lacking. I've heard like, 2 bands from america that I enjoy.

Shouldn't ≠ command. He's saying you shouldn't use that word when you're around him because that could result in him ignoring your post, not telling you "you cannot use this word."

Well, if you ever seen him react if me or anyone else around him says the word, then you can basically infer that he wants nobody to use it. It's pretty much taboo for him as swearing used to be for me.

Shouldn't maybe isn't command, but it's still close. He's basically implying that there's something he thinks we shouldn't do, and it's close enough to telling us outright (which would, IMO, be a bit hypocritical). 

Whatever, it's not my job here to change his mind. If he wasn't one of my best friends I wouldn't have bothered. Except that I really dislike it when he bashes on ANY opinions that contain the word "overrated." Frankl,y I don't like it, and have, in fact, felt rather restricted. I have commented on his profile regarding that.

• Brohoof 2

Well, if you ever seen him react if me or anyone else around him says the word, then you can basically infer that he wants nobody to use it. It's pretty much taboo for him as swearing used to be for me.

Shouldn't maybe isn't command, but it's still close. He's basically implying that there's something he thinks we shouldn't do, and it's close enough to telling us outright (which would, IMO, be a bit hypocritical). 

Whatever, it's not my job here to change his mind. If he wasn't one of my best friends I wouldn't have bothered. Except that I really dislike it when he bashes on ANY opinions that contain the word "overrated." Frankl,y I don't like it, and have, in fact, felt rather restricted. I have commented on his profile regarding that.

Still, he wants people not to use it; not forcing people to. Any attempt at actually making someone do something over this forum is just silly. He can't make you stop.

Don't worry, I'm not being ignorant here. I understand where you can get that mindset. Though I still stand by what I said (unless proven otherwise by shotty himself saying that he is trying to force people to stop saying it), I can agree with you in some ways.

• Brohoof 1

More unpopularz:

- 75% of the opinions in this thread aren't even unpopular.

- Harry Potter is my least favorite character in the Harry Potter series. I never really liked the main trio all that much, either. Snape is my favorite, even before the last book, and before him, Sirius Black.

- Being immature is excusable--we all need a place and time to be ourselves.

- i dunt liek it wen ppl rite liek dis. even on prpuse, because writing with poor grammar isn't really funny to me anymore.

- Spike is the most underrated character in the show and he deserves his two episodes in this season.

- The Crystal Empire isn't THAT bad.

- Scootaloo is NOT underrated. On the contrary...yeah. 

- Cute > Sexy, and I find Applejack's physical appeal to be more from her cuteness and beauty. 

- I like certain NSFW material.

- Showers > Baths

- The words gay, rape, cunt, slut, vagina, etc. should not be used in polite company.

- Noobs are not a separate species from pros. Noobs are classified as newbies, people who are new to the game. Not all noobs are uneducated, grammar lacking six-year-olds who beg all the time. That's starting to become a stupid stereotype. Pros, or rather the more experienced, are seriously treating the newbies really badly.

- Mare Applejack > Foal Applejack--I find it rather irritating that most people only remember AJ after she said "apple fwiter!" Yes, it's cute, but why can't she be known more as an honest mare who did her best to plan the reunion and create memories instead of her baby flashback?

- The character limit doesn't bother me all that much.

- Some management of this site is frustrating, i.e. the different views of the moderators. It doesn't bother me all that much, at least not enough for me to file a support ticket about it or something, but a couple of my friends do, both being banned because one mod thought their action didn't deserve the ban, and another did.

- Children's books are a lot better than adults' books.

Well, phew, that's the most I've posted in one go.

More unpopularz:

- Harry Potter is my least favorite character in the Harry Potter series. I never really liked the main trio all that much, either. Snape is my favorite, even before the last book, and before him, Sirius Black.

- i dunt liek it wen ppl rite liek dis. even on prpuse, because writing with poor grammar isn't really funny to me anymore.

- Spike is the most underrated character in the show and he deserves his two episodes in this season.

- Cute > Sexy, and I find Applejack's physical appeal to be more from her cuteness and beauty. 

- Showers > Baths

- The words gay, rape, cunt, slut, vagina, etc. should not be used in polite company.

- Noobs are not a separate species from pros. Noobs are classified as newbies, people who are new to the game. Not all noobs are uneducated, grammar lacking six-year-olds who beg all the time. That's starting to become a stupid stereotype. Pros, or rather the more experienced, are seriously treating the newbies really badly.

- Mare Applejack > Foal Applejack--I find it rather irritating that most people only remember AJ after she said "apple fwiter!" Yes, it's cute, but why can't she be known more as an honest mare who did her best to plan the reunion and create memories instead of her baby flashback?

- Some management of this site is frustrating, i.e. the different views of the moderators. It doesn't bother me all that much, at least not enough for me to file a support ticket about it or something, but a couple of my friends do, both being banned because one mod thought their action didn't deserve the ban, and another did.

-Truer words have seldom been spoken.

-Snape is a boss.

-Yes.

-I find that it can be beneficial to comedy, in the correct time and place. (At least beneficial in my style of comedy.)

-Ehhhhh... Whatever floats your boat...

-The Crystal Empire itself, or the episode dedicated to it. Either way, you're right. I thought the episode was good, and the empire itself is kind of a cool idea too.

-YES. 

-... I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, for... certain reasons...(Protip: Highlight.)

-...I agree, although I probably like a lot more NSFW stuff than you do...(Protip: Again.)

-I never thought anyone used those words in polite conversation in the first place...

-But being a pro and messing around with the new guys is FUUUUUN...

-I hate the designs for the babies in MLP, so definitely yes.

-Me neither. Most of the time, it's a non-issue for me.

-Different people have different opinions. Not much you can do about it.

-It depends. Sometimes, the author for an adult book will put more effort into his novel, because he's writing for a more mature, intelligent age group. Of course, there are the children's authors, like J.K. Rowling, who put enormous amounts of love and care into their works. So it's really up to the individual author.

• Brohoof 1

The "freedom of speech" part of your post is irrelevant; spas-ticShotty isn't saying "you can't use that word" or anything like that. Though on his profile he says to never use it around him, it's more for exaggeration rather than an imperative statement.

It's his "unpopular opinion" in the end to maybe dislike and ignore posts that use the word overrated. Unless I completely missed a post where he's commanding you not to use the word (if I did, I will look like a fool). Otherwise, I don't find you two's arguments valid.

Also, @RD92, in essence you're being a bit hypocritical. You're disrespecting shotty when he ignores posts that use "overrated." It's shotty's choice to do so, and I don't think we should be the ones to try to reprimand him for that. (besides, he's stubborn as hell and he knows it xD)

Much like a certain orange pony I'm in love with :P.

If Spazzy truly did say "You are not allowed to use that word around me," then that's wrong on his part.

Technically, I do say that on mah profile, and even if it's wrong, I still don't care. I just wanna end this and make mah point; I hate that word, I can't stand when people use it around me, it drives me nuts, and if I were to be a needless asshole about something, that word is what I'm gonna be an asshat about.

More unpopularz:

- Showers > Baths

Wow. I'm almost with you on all those (And it's NOT out of bias, since I like you very much :P). Maybe even all. I also didn't expect you to be into Harry Potter, but then again, some of RotMG has to do with sorcery, right?

• Brohoof 1

Unpopular Opinions: the Final Fantasy Edition

- Cait Sith was one of the best characters in Final Fantasy VII and I liked him more than Cloud

- Tidus wasn't that bad of a protagonist

- IV and IX had the best cast of characters

- VI and VII aren't that great, and are actually my least favorite games in the series(so far)

- Squall from VIII was the best main lead in the entire series

- The sphere grid was the one of the best ability system in the game

- X-2 wasn't that bad, and had one of the best battle systems in the series

- VIII and IX are my favorite games in the main series

- The original Tactics is my favorite game in the entire franchise

- Tactics Advance was a great successor to the original game, despite the radical shift

- Wakka is cooler than Auron

• Brohoof 1

I support a woman's right to have an abortion.  I like Obama.  I'm not concerned about the 2% "increase" in payroll tax.... which was really the ending of a 2% economy stimulus tax break from 2010.   I've dropped about 100 facebook friends in the past few weeks over those particular topics.  WTF.  

• Brohoof 2

Here's some of my unpopular opinions about food:

-I don't like most kinds of asian food.

-I think mayo is the most vile, disgusting thing in the world.

-I don't like any vegetables except corn.

-I hate coconut

-I don't like any condiments except ketchup and barbecue sauce

• Brohoof 3

I liked the ending of Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series (well, except for one of the epilogues, but I won't get into that here)

I'm not a huge dessert fan

I believe Final Fantasy 6 to be superior to Final Fantasy 7

I didn't mind the prequel Star Wars trilogy and still think that Revenge of the Sith was actually really good

In a general sense, I prefer Bach over Beethoven

I think that RA Salvatore needs to kill the f**k out of Drizzt because he's been milking that character for way too long

I prefer orchestral music to any other type of music.  Especially rap.  Rap can be done correctly (see Linkin Park), but it's mostly done very, very wrong (in my opinion of course).

• Brohoof 1

I REALLY don't like Twilight.

I don't think Lightning Dust could be any more unattractive.

I don't enjoy sugary or sweet things like chocolate or honey.

NSFW material isn't that bad and people make too big of a deal out of it.

Alcohol is absolutely revolting.

I hate when people call Fluttershy sexy. SHE'S BEAUTIFUL DAMMIT.

Internet > real life.

Apple sucks. Big time.

Xbox 360 > PS3.

Gears of War series > CoD series.

Cigarettes should be illegal.

Lightning Fluttershy should be the undoubted best Fluttershy fan on the forums.

I don't generally like acoustic.

Pop music sucks.

Halo > all

Fluttershy > Halo

Woo, that's a long one. ;)

• Brohoof 1

-I hate coconut

we must be Stepbrothers of some sort....

onto MY unpopular opinion:

I honestly prefer PS3 over the Xbox, the only reason why I still have mine is because I just can't goodbye to all the friends I have made on there :(

also, Contact lenses are NOT what people make them out to be

they're kind of aggravating to use (especially during Allergy Season :/ )

Edited by ~ds8~

-I hate coconut

Aside from the "except corn" part, since I hate ALL veggies, I share all those opinions as well. I can't remember how mayo was like the last time I tried it. I remember it being rather tasteless, yet too "icky", if that makes any sense, for mah tastes. Was like ketchup without any flavor (And more creamy).

Edited by spas-ticShotty

I REALLY don't like Twilight.

Apple sucks. Big time.

I'm sorry, I really cannot agree with you. While this is the unpopular opinions thread, that's just plain ridiculous.

I don't understand why you have such a grudge against Twilight Sparkle and Applejack.

(I agree with you on both counts when taken as you presumably meant, though. ;) )

I don't understand why you have such a grudge against Twilight Sparkle and Applejack.

Twilight I don't like because she's a bland character and I can't see anything in her that may be appealing.

And I didn't mean Apple as in Applejack. I mean the company. Who makes computers and stuff. XD ;)

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy

NSFW material isn't that bad and people make too big of a deal out of it.

Alcohol is absolutely revolting.

I hate when people call Fluttershy sexy. SHE'S BEAUTIFUL DAMMIT.

Internet > real life.

1. As you already know, I'm a pretty big advocate of making things sexy ;).

2. I tried a sip of it (I know, I know, undergae, but it was way too tiny of a sip to do anything), and I starting gagging like crazy. I HATED it. I mean, even then, I can see why people like it; they say it's an acquire taste, so obviously I need to try some more. Even then, it was so bad, I'm never having alcohol in mah life.

3. Ha.

4. I'm pretty talkative here, but not so much IMO. The internet, while less forgiving, just seems to be a more familiar environment for me.

I support a woman's right to have an abortion.  I like Obama.  I'm not concerned about the 2% "increase" in payroll tax.... which was really the ending of a 2% economy stimulus tax break from 2010.   I've dropped about 100 facebook friends in the past few weeks over those particular topics.  WTF.  

- I planned to move back to germany should romney be elected

- I am Pro-Choice

- I am athiest (unrelated to the above statements)

- I hate facebook

- I don't really like SweetieBelle's singing voice

- I don't really like Fluttershy because she's too meek to really support the show and ,when she's not being shy, she can be increadably mean and her hissy fits are rediculous

Edited by NekromantiaFox
  • Brohoof 2

- Homestruck is overrated

- The Loony Tunes Show (2011, 2012) isn't that bad.

- Dubstep sucks.

- Fluttershy and Fluttermac is overrated.

- LittleBigPlanet Karting was a huge letdown.

- Applejack is greatest pony.

- Gravity Falls is awesome.

- Love and Toleration is bluff.

- Iphone 5 is the same thing as all the other Iphones. (Except for some VERY small improvements)

- Halo 4 wasn't the greatest game ever. (Neither was Blops 2)

Yup. I'm ready for hate.

• Brohoof 1

2. I tried a sip of it (I know, I know, undergae, but it was way too tiny of a sip to do anything), and I starting gagging like crazy. I HATED it. I mean, even then, I can see why people like it; they say it's an acquire taste, so obviously I need to try some more. Even then, it was so bad, I'm never having alcohol in mah life.
Same. My older brother gave me a beer once and I took a drink of it. As soon as he turned his head I spit it out as fast as I could. Couldn't get the taste off my tongue. :(
  • Brohoof 1

- Fluttershy and Fluttermac is overrated.

- Applejack is greatest pony.

@@Lightning Fluttershy, how will you respond to that first statement ;) (Also, you used that accursed word (Overrated. Hate it). For shaaaame!)?

But hey, atleast you redeemed yourself by proclaming that AJ is awesome :D. That would deserve a billion brohooves from me, but it's impossible to do so.

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 1

I find the insistence of so many fans saying Rainbow Dash is Lesbian to be both annoying and stereotypical. Yes she is a tomboy, yes she has a rainbow mane, exc, exc… that doesn’t make her lesbian.

Honestly I do not see any of the Mane Six as homosexual, bisexual maybe but not homosexual. Yet at the same time while I find fans insistence that any of the six are lesbian frustrating I have actually enjoyed a fair number of fanfictions where mares are paired up… as long as the writer doesn’t ‘label’ them.

I am against homosexuals getting married or adopting but at the same time I would never attack or insult them. We are all connected and we should all come together in friendship… even if we disagree on a few things.

I do NOT like people pairing up Trixie/Twilight Sparkle, Discord/Celestia I mean come on… really? I also hate, hate, hate, hate the Trollestia/Mollestia/and Tyrant ideas fans have made. Celestia is a good ruler, she does not need to be over thrown… Oh and by extension I do not like the Solar Empire vs Lunar Republic.

• Brohoof 4

@@Lightning Fluttershy, how will you respond to that first statement ;) (Also, you used that accursed word (Overrated. Hate it). For shaaaame!)?

But hey, atleast you redeemed yourself by proclaming that AJ is awesome :D. That would deserve a billion brohooves from me, but it's impossible to do so.

My reaction is neutral. Although I disagree, I respect his opinion. Even if he tells lies... I have to be mature and let it go like a big boy.

In other words:

4fa9c1d61861330f9d006172.jpg

• Brohoof 4