Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Doctor Who Thread

Dragonshy

This thread is to discuss the show and anything about the show. Who's your favorite doctor, companion, and antagonist?(I'll add more when I have the opportunity.)

Edited by Artemis
added tags and prefix

Brilliant! We needed this thread. I love the 10th doctor. Simply amazing (Even though at first I wanted the 9th back) I think Captain Jack is the best companion, even though he doesn't travel with the doctor much. And the best antagonist in my opinion, was The Master.

I've only watched the first two seasons of the new show and the first episode of the third season because I'm relatively new to it but my favorite Doctor so far is the 10th one, he's definitely the funniest. I love his character. My favorite companion by default is Rose, since she's the only one I'm totally familiar with. My favorite antagonists have to be the Daleks.
  • Brohoof 2

4th, 10th and 11th are best Doctor. 10th beats them all though.

Rose is best companion. I cried when she died/disappeared from existence.

The new series is coming around Autumn, I can't wait, it looks amazing!

• Brohoof 2

I've been a fan of Doctor Who for years before the contemporary show rebooted the series! I'm very fond of the Tom Baker era, and actually met Sylvester McCoy when I was ten years old! The Master is best villain, but as portrayed by the late great Roger Delgado! He was the first, and the best!

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Wait, so... Series from 2005 aren't just a remake of 63s series? I'm confused now.

Also, Rose will die? :blink:

Too many

s for me to handle!

No, it isn't just a remake. The series running now is a direct linear continuation of the original series! I miss spoke when I termed it a reboot. My biggest hope and dream is that the Doctor will discover that since his one time assistant, Romana (A Time-Lady from Gallifrey) went renegade too, and remained in E-Space, she survived the fall of Gallifrey.

Romana 01: played by Mary Tamm

Posted Image

Romana 02: Played by Lalla Ward (She regenerated, apparently just for fun. She wasn't injured or anything!)

Posted Image

Had to come back on an edit! I forgot to add the second picture! I liked Lalla's Romana better. She was friendlier then Mary's.

Here's Romana's regeneration scene. Ignore the burst of static sound effects and colorful light swirls. These WERE NOT in the original. I don't know who stuck them in, but they're stupid!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

i have never seen the show, is it worth watching? ive heard good about it, but i should confirm before attempting to watch it.

If you've seen my other posts, then you know that I obviously I like it. Give it a try. Millions of fans around the world can't be wrong!

If you've seen my other posts, then you know that I obviously I like it. Give it a try. Millions of fans around the world can't be wrong!

since you say that, i guess ill have to check it out. ill probably start watching the first episode tomorrow or something ;)

• 3 weeks later...

since you say that, i guess ill have to check it out. ill probably start watching the first episode tomorrow or something ;)

Be sure to come back and let us know what you think about it. I think you'll probably like it. Maybe you should try and grab a couple of the "Classic" episodes too. Just to compare the styles.

AWW YEAH! The wait is over! Who else has seen "Asylum of the Daleks" last night? It was wicked cool! More Daleks than you can shake a sonic screwdriver at!

• Brohoof 2

I loved it! The ending was a shocker. So much adventure and crazy with the Daleks, and they just forget The Doctor like he was nothing. 50 years of Daleks and they just forget him, that was a real shocker. However, I seriously doubt that this will be the end of the Daleks.

Gaaaaahhh I agree with Dr3adnaught and cuteysindyhoney, the new episode was AMAZING. The Asylum of the Daleks, Rory and Amy, the one Dalek that thought she was human, it was just perfect.

As happy as a am that there will be a new season, I'm pretty sure this will be the season in which the 11th Doctor regenerates. Him and the 10th are tied as my favorite, not to mention Amy is my favorite companion and with the Doctor leaving she will be soon to follow. I love 11 so much and it will be very sad to see him go. ;.;

Asylum of the Daleks was a pretty fun episode IMO, not really the best Dalek-centric episode ever like they hyped it up to be, but pretty fun none the less, and I gotta admit, I did not see that ending coming till almost right before it happened.

• Brohoof 1

I like eleventh doctor the best. The asylum of daleks episdoe rocked and it inspired me to make a Doctor who Roleplay. If anyone wants to join that BTW just say so in a PM or quote... But favorite companion is Rory...

Also the Fez.

I've only seen the 2005 version but it's amazing...

I started watching it roughly a week ago and I've seen the first 10 episodes. I cried like 8 times during episodes 8 9 and 10 ("Father's Day", "An Empty Child", and "The Doctor Dances" I think). tThey were just so sad :(

Near the end of episode 9 I was so into it then suddenly the credits started playing (it was a two-parter) and I just thought:

Posted Image

But yea, the Doctor is epic---no---fawntawsteek. :D

I'm most likely going to watch more of it soon.

Edited by Dxthegod
  • Brohoof 1

David Tennant is Best Doctor

Billie Piper is Best Assistant

Vashta Nerada is Best Antagonist.

I have seen all of the new Doctor Who stuff and am waiting for my Fourth Doctor CDs to arrive. I've heard he's awesome, so I want to try him out.

I just got into Doctor Who early this year. I did watch an episode 'Closing Time' when it was broadcasted. Wasn't really into Doctor Who at that time.

I've only seen the 3 Doctors of today's generation. So far I only like David Tennant and Matt Smith. I really want to get into the classic doctors like Tom Baker- I heard he's an other popular Doctor. But my Doctor would be Eleven since my first Doctor Who episode I saw was a Matt Smith episode.

My favourite companions are The Ponds. They're like glue, the perfect couple. Amy being the brave, sassy, independent character and Rory being shy, awkward... I like how he becomes stronger and braver for Amy- I reckon it's really sweet.

One other companion I like is Donna, she's funny. Maybe from after watching a few skits featuring Cathrine Tate and David Tennant, they both make a great pair- in a non romantic way more like a cat and dog relationship.

As for monsters and villans... My favourites are the Ood, Cybermen, Silurian, Daleks, the Silence, the Master and Cassandra. The weeping angels scare me so much, when I was watching a two parter angel episode, I literally hid behind the couch... I get scared of everything, it's great.

I really want to see Sarah Jane Adventures! I've seen a few episodes of Torchwood though.

Last week's "Asylum of the Daleks" was epic.

This week's "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" was as awesome as the name implies! Dinosaurs...On a freakin' space ship! It can't get more awesome than that!!!

Here's a spoiler for "Dinosaurs"

Rory's dad is cool! I hope we see him again!

"Dad, you had a trowel on you?"

"Always carry a trowel. Put it on your Christmas list!"

That was such a nice Douglas Adams touch!

I just finished watching Season 1 and 2 now, the Season 2 finale was just so... beautiful ;_;

but WHY DID ROSE HAVE TO GO D:

That stupid Donna chick just made me miss her more... this is basically my reaction to the finale:

Posted Image

• 3 months later...

I only got into Doctor Who post reboot and have thoroughly enjoyed the episodes, and now thanks to a friend of mine I have most (if not all) of the first 8 doctors' episodes and have recently the Tom Baker years. and I must admit he is a very good doctor! though I still love Tennant!