music Favourite Kind Of Music?

Lightning Fluttershy

I feel a bit like a broken record, since I've stated this before, but my favorite music is classic pop/rock from the 1960s-1980s and adult pop/rock from the 1990s-present. I also choose to focus mostly on hit singles, since those are what I'm most familiar with from listening to the radio and looking up singles charts.

Okay, I know this is really weird. But I just happen to be a 13-year old that listens to 50's music. I know, I know that older people listen to 50's music, But I absolutely love it, I'm talking Dean Martin, Bob Crosby, Frank Sinatra, all that. Fallout New Vegas is to credit for this.

Also, I like black metal and pony music.

Hmm, I would say i mainly like techno, hard-style techno, electroswing, some rock and pop music, and Jazz. Though I would listen to just about everything but scream-o or metal.

Edited by bobthecableman
  • Brohoof 1

What I listen to: Everything

What I listen to most: Metal

Favorite metal genres: Melodic Death, Power, Speed and Thrash. I recently found a love for Gothic though thanks to Cradle of Filth though.

Favorite bands: Disturbed, Scar Symmetry, Skeletonwitch.

Edited by Resulli

I will listen to any kind of music except country, classical, and some of the new stuff today like Nicki Minaj and Adele. My favorite is Classic Rock and pop from the 70s and 80s. I also like the other kinds of rock as well

• Brohoof 1

Well my taste of music isn't that specified. I mostly listen to all sorts of Metal (except for the screaming and growling stuff), but sometimes deeper and slower songs. I really like Linkin Park (I guess I was influenced by my big bro who listened a lot to that when I was young). About rap music, I don't really like the music, but sometimes the lyrics are really funny or touching, so I listen to it anyway from time to time. Oh and I enjoy classical music too, but don't listen to it very often.

This video is my favorite brony-metal song so far, enjoy!

[media]

[/media]

I like all types of music but my absolute favorite is J-Pop! Amazing music. Just amazing.

Actually I'm not much into metal rock but I do like the other kinds of rock. I sometimes listen to metal...sometimes.

My favorite genres are metalcore (inb4 metalcore is generic), dubstep, and most stuff like dubstep.

I also like some j-pop/j-rock, pop, rock, and basically anything but country and rap.

My favorite bands (or artists) are Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Atreyu, Noistestorm, etc.

I like stuff with screaming/growling because it adds to the music for me.

Edited by Lolness The Hunt

• 10 months later...

My personal favorite types of music include: Classical Music, Alternative Rock, and pretty much anything except Country, Pop, and Rap.

If something sounds good to me, I'll listen. I have yet to find a Country song I actually enjoy, though.

Good music.

I can't really say I have a favorite genre. As long as the music is pleasing to my hearing cavities, I'll like it. I'm not terribly picky with music, but I definitely like music that has heart and soul. Not just random notes with bad choreography. 

I like rhythm, melody, and meaningfulness. 

• Brohoof 2

I agree on the subject of good music, though I will admit to being partial to a few specific genres. I usually listen to Folk Rock, EDM/D&B, Dubstep, and whatever sounds good to me at the moment. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I just can hook up to what is said about good music. I tend more to listen to Alternative-Rock, Punk and if I'm in the mood some Classical Music.

• Brohoof 1

Good music.

I can't really say I have a favorite genre. As long as the music is pleasing to my hearing cavities, I'll like it. I'm not terribly picky with music, but I definitely like music that has heart and soul. Not just random notes with bad choreography. 

I like rhythm, melody, and meaningfulness. 

While Rock and orchestra pieces are a pretty good choice for me, this is pretty much my way when it comes to music. Doesn't matter where it's from, if it's good to me, I'll take it.

I personally like all forms of music.  I find it interesting how many ways people can express their emotions through music.  (this does not include mainstream modern pop, or most mainstream modern rap, as these have no expressive value and are strictly there to re-hash old ideas).  

• Brohoof 1

I listen to whatever I find catchy, though I do prefer dubstep and orchestral style music over the others. Not a big fan of rock, metal, or anything of the sort, but I do have a song or two that I like under that category.

Oh FFS is there a thread for this already? Anyways, I listen to mainly metal and alternative. I also enjoy a little IDM every now and then when I'm in the mood.

PUNK! it's rebel music at it's purest! my favorite bands include the misfits, nofx, the sex pistols, the exploited, wolfbrigade, pennywise, Rancid, the casualties and others.

i'm open to other styles like heavy metal (not death "metal", black "metal", etc.), electronic (dubstep, industrial, ambient horror, terrorcore), grindcore, grunge, old country and blues, classical, chant (gregorian, byzantine, indian)

My favorite types of music would probably be Dubstep and Alt Rock. Electronic is pretty good too, so is hard rock. I really dislike country and metal though. Just not appealing to me at all.

'm open to other styles like heavy metal (not death "metal", black "metal", etc.), electronic (dubstep, industrial, ambient horror, terrorcore), grindcore, grunge, old country and blues, classical, chant (gregorian, byzantine, indian)

So you like grindcore but you don't like death metal? How does that work? And what's with the quotes? What do you mean by death "metal" and black "metal"?