Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you game for skill or just for fun?

SUPERFOX5

Game for skill or fun?  

155 users have voted

1. 1. Do you game for skill or just for fun?

• increasing skill
    • just for the fun of it

@@Gigachip, THANK YOU! Finally someone who agrees with me. All my friends online say it ruins all the fun and for that don't like playing co-op with me :(

my friends are achievement hunters...so I'm lucky that they do join me when possible.

though sadly, I ran out of my xbl time. So can't really request help if I do need it :P

Well due to my competetive nature.. I don't like losing...

Therefore in order for me to have fun I have to have skill.. So I guess technically both?

Sometimes I get really frusterated at games for no reason( I know I'm weird but like I said I'm really competitive) Still I enjoy playing them and they're good stress relievers (Even if they can build some stress sometimes...)

But yeah overall I enjoy them so even if I really have the most fun winning, I do have fun playing them. Its not like I'm playing super competitive Esports for like a million bucks, but I can treat it that way.

In the end I guess as hard as it can be to relize for people like me sometimes, gaming is meant to be fun so therefore I guess the reason i play is for fun(Even if its very clouded at times).

Not a very fair poll, due to the reason that I do both. I have tons of fun getting better. When Starcraft Brood Wars was still competitive, I spent about 4-5 hours a day with a group of guys that were better than me, just playing non stop games. It was frustratingly fun, but I loved getting better and finally improving my skill. Same for Call of Duty games, I enjoy playing them but I try to get better at the same time. Unfortunately it takes me ages to get good at a certain game so by the time I am great it's old. I can usually go 40+ kills to less than 5 deaths in Call of Duty... 4 >_>

But I clicked on teh for skill button.

I enjoy games because I get a sense of accomplishment and pride, it's quite fun to crush, kill, and destroy stuff. I do enjoy seeing my skills progress, though, but really at the end of the day if I can escape this reality to murder midgets with corrosive sniper rifles, eh, do I really need to see my trigger finger go 1.3% more attentive than last week?

Alright, I'd have to say a little bit of both for most of the time. Although, I for one am an extremely competitive gamer, and if I'm ever challenged, I become a sort of monster for victory. Just yesterday I was "challenged" by a post someone put that stated that they had once gotten MVP in a match on battlefield 3 using only a pistol. So I said to myself "Hey, if he can do it why can't I?". So I joined a random TDM lobby on Noshahr Canal, and I'd like to say, my inner monster came out in that game. I played as a recon using the m1911. By the end of that match I had the MVP spot, top recon, most kills, three medals, many ribbons, and a service star (I'm still awaiting the hate mail to come in).

But don't get me wrong, I'm not just a gaming monster, whose main goal is to destroy all competition that I am faced with. When I'm with my brony platoon (The Brony Guards. Go search for them right now on the forums.), we just love messing around and doing crazy non-competitive game playing. The last meet up we had, we started out a bit serious with some regular day gaming, but later that day we just got totally silly. We started launching EOD bots with C4, we had EOD bot races with crazy courses, and after that we just went full potato mode and just did some crazy random stuff.

So I'd have to say that if anything, I'm a little bit of both a competitive and non-competitive gamer. But, when I'm challenged, there is no way to stop my from beating that challenge, because I know that I am just a good enough gamer to be able to beat that challenge. (don't believe me? Challenge me, I dare you!!! Gamertag: Navymojo22)

To be honest, I do both. I play single player games like half life 2, the sims, torchlight 2, skyrim, and such to unwind and have a good time. While I play games like team fortress 2, DotA 2, and Civ 5 for the competition. I am really into competitive games but I like to just be able to unwind and play a good single player game... i guess when I play multi-player i play for the competition in general.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of people do it for skill.It's easy to tell if they give a 10 Minute useless speech on how they died on Call of duty.I just do it for fun mostly,but if I do for skill.It won't be that serious.

I do it for fun. Trying to do it for skill may be hard due to my Autism, but doesn't mean I can't play Multiplayer games for fun. Including in Starcraft 2. (My SC2 gamename is LunarPonyE) Sometimes I get desperate and Ambitious in winning using one strategy repeatedly.

I'm a mix on this. It all depends on the game really. Some I'll do for fun while others I'll do for skill and fun. Skill for most games where you play aginst other people/friends. I always seem to have about a .5 k/d ratio in most shooters...kind of annoying.

I usually only play for fun

I really don't think I ever play for skill due to the fact that on most fighting games (example)

I'll just button mash just to try to win XD

Oh dear lord, do you have button mashing bad! XD

And the only thing. Worse than that is your constant grabbing in SC4! You got that horribly bad as well. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Isn't that a pretty obvious answer? Of course i game to be all serious about it and always be rude to my friends?

All kidding aside though.

I am the one kind of gamer that only play video games for fun (Though i have to say i am pretty good at most games).

For example:

I play a LoL game someone say:

F*ck you you m*therf*ckin c*cksucker you f*cking suck F*cking noob.

I say:

Did you know you use a teethbrush to clean your teeth with?

-or-

The game is for fun. Play it for fun or join some kind of competition.

I game both for skill. I love to be the best I can be, which is quite fun for me. If I don't do as good as I want, I use to get angry(I don't anymore) but I still try to game for skill. It's something of a goal of mine to be as good as I can at as many Video Games as possible, and if that means a few broken headsets, so be it. Of course that is not the reason why I have about 6 or 7 pair of broken Xbox headsets....

If it's a game I'm really good at and I memorize to death, such as Crash Bandicoot or Spyro The Dragon, I will try to do speed-runs, no death runs, or even "no special moves" runs (yes, there are ways).

If it's a game that I can't really master or memorize the paths a whole lot, then I just play it for fun and try to study the game as quick as possible.

• Brohoof 1

I usually play for both! games are like Battlefield 3 or Planetside are my skill games and if I get to pissed off or i'm losing the fun skil factor i'll jump to another game like Dishonored or Mount & Blade.

I am always playing games! I love them and I have a lot of fun! I almost never play them to increase my skill level. I have a boyfriend, so obviously he plays a lot of FPS games and other games that revolve around some skill, but the point is that we have fun playing together. :) My favorite games are ones like Flower (for ps3 network) and Journey and Limbo and just nice and/or puzzle games like that. :P

• 2 weeks later...

It starts out just for fun, but then I get so serious into games like Arkham City and Lego Games that I end up playing for hours, sticking to the screen. I try to complete the whole story and extra stuff, which ends up taking very long. This helps me to develop skill, learn to use the controls in reflex to what happens in the game, and ge really good in multiplayer. All fun.