Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best food combinations?

Fubz

Oreos and mustard?! ...But what... I don't... eeeeww! I hate mustard with a burning passion to begin with, regardless of my love of oreos I can't imagine putting the two of them together...

Yeah, I hate mustard as well! D: I don;t know why...I think it's because it's tangy or something. But I prefer ketchup any day. I don't know either why that person likes that combination.....gross. :P

A warm brownie + Ice cream = the best food combo on this planet X). Bacon also goes well with alot of things, but i think brownies and ice cream is best.

Edited by bobthecableman
  • Brohoof 2

Well not counting pizza, my favorite snack combination would have to be kosher dill pickles and Triscuits. The two make for a great flavorful pair.

Also the classic Salty -> Sweet or vice versa.

~~

Edited by Regality

Pulled pork, glazed ham, pepperoni, brisket, and salami pizza (with BBQ sauce, of course). I've only ever been to one place that does it - now closed, sadly - but by God was it bloody amazing; even if it probably did take five years off my life.

In addition...

post-101-0-15467100-1346631532.jpg

Thai sweet chili sauce - on everything. Goes particularly well on just about any sort of Mexican food - turns tacos, burritos, and enchiladas into something new and amazing. Also goes good in chili, and on more mundane things.

Also...

Tuna sandwiches with a cup of tomato soup on the side. Delicious.

The rule of food: Bacon makes it better (just kidding)

I actually have a shirt that says that, I might post a picture of it once my lazyness goes away, but yeah.

Anyways, fried chicken and ranch dressing tastes really good, and pineapple with Mongolian beef is actually very good too.

Dried pineapple dropped into cream soda

(for pineapple flavor)

ALSO

CARBONATED WATER MELON

exactly how you'd think it would be

cold tasty refreshing bubbly and with an extra kick

( you need a machine to make pop to make it, you just throw water melon into the bottle) :wacko:

its buckin amazing man

Probably because I can't think of much else, peanut butter and ice cream. Specifically key-lime sherbet.

Everyone I know thinks I'm weird, but; mmmm... that's the good stuff...

Some chicken, some roast beef, a pizza.

Posted Image

Seriously, I'll consume just about anything with just about anything. My personal favorite has to be something really, really ordinary though, like pizza and hot wings. Yum.

• Brohoof 1

I heard they put beef-fat in the milkshakes - but it could just be an urban myth. They make all kinds of things needlessly un-vegetarian for no reason, it's as if no one wants a vegetarian buying from them! :( Haha <3

The beef is in the fries, not the milkshakes! You can find the ingredients listing here, but just to save you the time the milkshakes and ice creams are fine but the fries are a definite no-no for vegetarians! They contain "natural beef flavoring". I have no idea what they mean by that, but they say right on the site that it's not acceptable for vegetarians.

I only know because when I went veggie I had to look it up to show my mom because she was adamant that they were fine.

Now, that being said I do highly recommend the french fries and ice cream combo. I usually get Wendy's fries and a chocolate frosty myself, but most any fast food (non-McDonalds for us veggies) fries and soft serve ice cream will do. The key is that the fries are salty and the ice cream sweet and soft for easy dipping.

Back to the topic of interesting combos I also like BBQ pizza though I do mine with BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, and pineapple since I don't eat chicken. Sometimes I add onions or jalapenos, depending on the mood.

Oreos dipped in mountain dew. Someone in high school dared me to try it and it was good.

Peanut butter and honey.

Peanut butter and butter on crackers. (I blame my mom for this and am in no way trying to get someone else to try it but I like it)

I also enjoy peeling a banana, slathering some peanut butter on it, and drizzling honey on top. It makes a great snack that can be low in calories if you don't go nuts.

Hmm... I can't really think of any food combinations that I have that pu would consider weird, I have a tendency to only eat cereal if it's covered in thick cream but that's not too abnormal :/

A personal favorite treat of mine is to microwave a mars bar for about 25seconds then pour in a little brandy (to keep it runny) stir it and pour it onto of either marshmallows or ice-cream. Alternatively you can microwave for 40 second and eat as is, it makes the mars bar a strangely tasty goopy mess that's crispy around the edges.

Warning: melted mars bar is a bitch to clean off anything, even cleaning out the bowl is difficult -.-

I like to do a good peanut and butter jelly (on potato bread) with a thin layer of cream cheese. Make sure to take it out before hand, otherwise it will be really hard to spread. If you are feeling frisky, get the strawberry flavored cream cheese.

I also will do the same with peanut butter and nutella sandwiches, but I prefer the regular cream cheese on it better than the strawberry one.

Also, a couple years ago when I was living on my own and really broke, I struck a deal. Right after Holloween, stock up on all the candy that the stors have to get rid of. In this case I got a bag of Reese's Cups, bite sized Snickers, and bite sized Milky Ways. Then I got a 1 gallon tub of ice cream. I got home and had the perfect size Tupperware to divide up the 8 pints in the one gallon. I then cut up the candy into small bits and mixed it with the ice cream. I now had pint sized servings of Ice Cream with different toppings. Top it with some chocolate syrup, and you are ready to go.

Then everyone here has probably experimented with spices while making ramen noodles. I found that with the beef flavor, adding a pinch of ground up coriander really brought out the beef flavor. Cumin, or dried lemon peal really brings out chicken flavor. Tarragon is also perfect with the pork flavor. Basil, oregano, and parsley are also good spices to put in any one of those. Want to make is spicy? Add yellow curry to the chicken flavor, or crushed red peppers to the beef flavor.

EDIT: After reading through this thread I am starting to get HUNGRY! :o

Edited by DashingRainbow36

Hmm... I can't really think of any food combinations that I have that pu would consider weird, I have a tendency to only eat cereal if it's covered in thick cream but that's not too abnormal :/

A personal favorite treat of mine is to microwave a mars bar for about 25seconds then pour in a little brandy (to keep it runny) stir it and pour it onto of either marshmallows or ice-cream. Alternatively you can microwave for 40 second and eat as is, it makes the mars bar a strangely tasty goopy mess that's crispy around the edges.

Warning: melted mars bar is a bitch to clean off anything, even cleaning out the bowl is difficult -.-

That sounds really good. I would just be afraid to burn the damn thing. I have a thing about microwaves that stems back to my childhood. I burnt something up, but since i was little at the time I though I was going to burn the house down. Ever since then I am weary of microwaves.

But that does sound good, especially with the ice cream.

Have you ever had banana split because every pony says that it is good but never tried it i dont know if that is true but i never had a banana split.

Edited by *derpy*

I have to agree with french fries + milkshakes!

Potato chips go really well with semisweet chocolate and on pretty much any cold sandwich.

Oh, and let's not forget candied bacon: sprinkling brown sugar on bacon as you cook it. It's sweet, savory, sticky, and soooooooo good.