Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Pinkie Pie Schizophrenic?

Mint Petal

I've heard some things saying that Pinkie Pie is schizophrenic in episode 25, Party of One, while others just say she's just reverting to her childhood. I don't know, what do you guys think?

No, I don't think she is I think she was just going through a phase that since she thought she had no friends she just needed some to stay sane. Even though they were inanimate objects

• Brohoof 3

You think I'm schizophrenic? :(

I don't know Pinkie. Tell us what YOU think. And then come back in ten minutes and tell us again, and we'll see if your answer's changed any. :lol:

You could say sociopath, too. Look at her attitude in the first episode of the new season.

>Most powerful magics in Equestria missing

>Extremely powerful being of chaos loose

>World order threatened

"Oh well, if anyone needs me, I'll be out in the chocolate puddles with a GIANT swizzle straw!"

• Brohoof 4

I think you may be confusing schizophrenia with multiple personalities. I don't think she has either, though. I think if she was to be diagnosed with anything in this episode, it would be a major depressive episode with psychotic features, because it seems to be only the one time that she freaked out like this, and it was depression + delusions, which then went away and she went back to normal.

I'm not schizophrenic, silly! I was just trying to cope with the quietness by pretending my furniture was talking. Sometimes I get a little carried away though, like then. Hehe! I knew they weren't really real.

Weren't really real... pretending... my friends weren't really real. Rocky and Madame Le Flour... they're my best friends...

• Brohoof 2

You could say sociopath, too. Look at her attitude in the first episode of the new season.

>Most powerful magics in Equestria missing

>Extremely powerful being of chaos loose

>World order threatened

"Oh well, if anyone needs me, I'll be out in the chocolate puddles with a GIANT swizzle straw!"

wow! Pinkie and I have so much in common.

Anyways, I'm no psychologist, but I basically see Pinkie's breakdown as a sign that she has a ridiculously wild imagination and is sometimes prone to overreacting ("Bats on my face!"). Pinkie is, by nature, unpredictable. Her thought processes function at an incredibly fast rate, often overshooting the matter at hand. Add this to her mangled sense of proportion, and you have a pony who can draw just about any conclusion from any situation. Medically, there is nothing wrong with her, but her insane behavior is simply a product of her unusual way of looking at things.

I honestly don't know how well I did here, but that's what I think.

• Brohoof 2

She seemed more depressed to me. She seems insecure, and afraid that at any moment, she could lose her friends forever, or they will turn on her. She became desperate not to be lonely again, like she had been as a child, so she created her own friends. They were just something to hold on to. They were her Wilson the volleyball. Something to talk to to keep from going insane. I don't think it was multiple personality disorder, and she didn't seem afraid or paranoid enough for schizophenia. Then again, what do I know about psychology?

Edited by Slendermane

• 3 weeks later...

People(or in this case ponies) can wind up doing some very crazy things when their minds/realities have been shattered. Pinkie in "Party of One" seems to be more of a case of acute neurosis as opposed to schizophrenia. I have seen grown men reduced to a pathetic state with going so far as to literally sh#tting themselves not once...but twice in a single day....true story.

Edited by Leatherneck

I'd go for yes, she is. Her childhood persona of Pinkamena is more sad/depressed while in Party of One it's more angry and psychotic. It might be that she has multiple personalities, but schizophrenia isn't a stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Kodiak
  • Brohoof 2

wow! Pinkie and I have so much in common. Anyways, I'm no psychologist, but I basically see Pinkie's breakdown as a sign that she has a ridiculously wild imagination and is sometimes prone to overreacting ("Bats on my face!"). Pinkie is, by nature, unpredictable. Her thought processes function at an incredibly fast rate, often overshooting the matter at hand. Add this to her mangled sense of proportion, and you have a pony who can draw just about any conclusion from any situation. Medically, there is nothing wrong with her, but her insane behavior is simply a product of her unusual way of looking at things. I honestly don't know how well I did here, but that's what I think.

I can see that. Though given how her friends acted to her, it's easy for anypony to jump to the conclusion that they're hated or not wanted. That, along with Pinkie being her exaggerated self, kind of fuels those thoughts.

I don't think she's schizophrenic. But she might be hyperactive. So just beware giving her too many sweets. Otherwise, we might see the world's first Pony in Orbit.

• 3 years later...

Strange how I've been realizing I'am a lot more like Pinkie Pie than I first realized. Maybe I can relate with her character I'm not sure feels like that at times. Random thoughts. 

I don't think it's schizophrenia it could be more along the lines of fear/depression. We tend to feel/act differently in different situations we all go through. You could think of Pinkie Pie as really clingy maybe or a direct fear of losing others she cares for. 

• Brohoof 3

I don't think she is schizophrenic or she even suffers from multiple personality disorder. 

She may have an over active imagination though and that can lead her to do some strange things.

Edited by UnknownFry

Pinkie seems to be a character that could easily be diagnosed with a lot of stuff. I've seen threads wondering if she has ADHD or Autism in the past. Maybe this is because she can be a very unpredictable character.

I'm not sure if I would diagnose her with Schizophrenia. The closes main character that I think would have that would be maybe Fluttershy but that's just my interpretation. Pinkie seems like more of someone with ADHD.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't think so. I believe Pinkie just had a mental breakdown because emotionally, she can't handle being alone and miserable. She came from a rock family and was born into a very depressing a low life....which led to her becoming an unrealistically optimistic person to cope with how messed up the world can really be. Plus her passion is to have fun with friends and make people happy....without that, then who is she? She depends on it.

There is most likely a medical term for this, but schizophrenia isn't it. And as someone stated earlier within Thai thread, insecurity issues could've been a factor being she jumped straight to the worst thing that could ever happen to her without considering less extreme reason why her friends were acting weird

• Brohoof 1