Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Parent & Friend Reactions to your Bronyness: Before & After

Braeburn Apple

Should I also mention I'm only 13?

I don't see how that changes anything besides making you even closer to the targeted age and further away from insult.

My mom was a bit weirded out at first (and she still is), but she more or less just ignores it.

My dad, on the other hand, seems to be completely weirded out by this. Everytime it gets brought up he just chuckles and is like "That's weird". I tried to get him to watch the pilot but he stopped paying attention halfway through saying it "isn't his cup of tea".

Overall, they seem to be very confused, but pretty much fine with my being a brony. At least for the moost part.

My dad doesn't ask questions about the ponies on my windowsill or the fact that I watch the show.

But one time my boyfriend was over and we were watching MLP on Netflix. My dad came downstairs and was like, "And you're making him watch this...?" We didn't really want to explain... so my boyfriend said that we shouldn't watch MLP at my parents' house again. It's one thing for a grown woman to like it, it's another for a grown man to like it, particularly when you're the kind of person who is set on gender expectations and whatnot.

I don't see how that changes anything besides making you even closer to the targeted age and further away from insult.

Don't you know how people around my age act >>

Don't you know how people around my age act >>

No, I have no idea how people around "your" age act.

My Parents? They're okay with i. They're full aware that me and my brothers are Bronies. HOwever, It usually isn't addressed to unless I bring it up.

No, I have no idea how people around "your" age act.

Well I guess you can know from around the internet... Everyone acts as if they shouldn't be bothered with anything.

Doesn't matter really though, I know a small group of people who are bronies

(edited)
My mom doesn't care. I'm expecting the apocalypse if my dad finds out about it though. He's seen my brushables twice and mentioned them both times. I told him they were someone else's because i'm sure he would literally kill me if he found out. All my friends are bronies so we just do brony stuff when we hang out. Edited by Vee

My parents frankly don't care.They think it's weird but are none the wiser with how much I take pride in it and the amount of time I spend in MLP. My dad doesn't really approve but doesn't make a big deal out of it at all, which is atypical because he's super macho, weight-lifting, college football playing, law enforcement kind of guy.

My mother raised an eyebrow when I first told her, then she watched a few episodes. Eventually she even read My Little Dashie, which sealed Celestia's role as a troll forever in her mind.

Ehehe, funny story about that...

Excluding the story about my phone which is also a part time r34 device, my parents were just sort of meh. They didn't really care.

My dad Ignores it and kind of hates it from what I can tell, and my mom laughs at it but doesn't really care, but no matter what they can't do anything about it because both my brother and myself are Bronies.

(edited)

My parents don't know and I plan to keep it that way, because I'm honestly not sure how they'd take it and I don't think it's that important a thing to know about. They might take it well since they're fine with me liking pokemon and they didn't say anything when my brother and I used to watch some other shows targeted at girls, but I'd rather not tell them.

Edited by Jalaton

I don't think my parents know what a brony is. My dad came into my room and saw the ponies sitting on my desk, but he didn't say much about them. My parents don't know that I watch the show.

I've heard too many horror stories of people losing their accounts from their parents upon them finding out about being a brony, so I've kept it generally secret. I've dropped hints and references here and there, but not so much that it's blatantly obvious. So basically I'm paranoid of losing this amazing community.