Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Parent & Friend Reactions to your Bronyness: Before & After

Braeburn Apple

my parents dont care

but the people at school freak out and now everypony at the school never wants to hang out with me because I'm a brony.If only the students at my school can see I'm not the only one.People now just ignore me at school and everytime I get free time at school.I sit at the table alone for an hour. :(

well... my parents have long since come to terms with the fact that i am "eccentric" at times and downright...odd... at others so this kind of thing doesn't seem to bother them that much. My brother on the otherhoof... well....

I told them about it within maybe a week of getting into it and they've been really supportive about the whole thing so far. Watched four or five episodes with them (still haven't gotten to what I would consider the point where the series really starts tackling deeper subject matter, but some good stuff has resulted already). Tell them about the meet-ups, some of the music and videos and stuff. So yeah, very supportive and enthusiastic parents in relation to all this. They don't watch the show on their own, but they are fine with me being really invested in it.

Mother: Doesnt seem to have a reaction

Father: He goes omfgtwtfaaaalololol for the lulz when he first show me watching it and still has funny reactions to eat but he accepts that it might actually be good

Teacher: He had a heart attack when i told him the best excuse ever: "I was not reading my studies on plane because i was watching my little pony"

I think this shoul be the official brony excuse

Edited by Rainbow_Crash

• 1 month later...

My parents don't know, and I try to hide it from them.

For my friends, I seriously don't want to tell them. Everyone knows how friends can be, they can be jerks, best buds, and considered family. I'm afraid of their reaction.

(edited)

My mother knew because I asked her to make a plushie so I could sell it.

My dad started to make fun of me, but then I made fun of him for being immature and replaced his cellphone ring tone with the theme song. He hasn't bothered me at all.

Just act like its not a problem and it won't be. Parents arn't perfect, I am sure they have something questionable you could bring up as a counter argument.

My parents don't know, and I try to hide it from them.

For my friends, I seriously don't want to tell them. Everyone knows how friends can be, they can be jerks, best buds, and considered family. I'm afraid of their reaction.

If they are your friends, they wont think negatively of you. You just have to say it like they are weird for not being bronies and if they disagree strongly then call them faggots. There isn't any logically solid argument as to why someone shouldn't like MLP. Ponies arn't inherently female only, big or little. The animation is fantastic. The writing is fantastic. Everything about the show is A+ quality. Saying MLP is for girls only is like saying that there are girl and boy colors.

Edited by Bohtty

Some back-story: I always get my mom sucked into the things I watch. Always. Sometimes it takes longer than others, but yeah xD

*Incoming paraphrasing*

Before watching: I'm not interested. I respect that you like it, but it's my decision and choice to not watch it. I just don't want to watch something about ponies. I watched enough of them by force with your sister when she was little, and that's more than enough for me.

After one episode: *Is watching cause was already doing work on the couch in front of TV. Being the devious Draconequus I am, I barrel-rolled over the couch and turned Netflix on*...Okay, it's not as bad as I thought.

After 5 episodes, starting from the beginning:...*gives me the glare*...I can't believe you sucked me into another show. And ponies no less.

Me: U MAD? Posted Image

As for my dad, the farthest I've gone is recommended the show to my 4 year old sister for him to get her to watch, and he said 'It was pretty good'. But he's a hic, he wouldn't enjoy a cartoon, let alone one about ponies in a million years. So that's as far as he goes xD

• Brohoof 1

My mother knew because I asked her to make a plushie so I could sell it.

My dad started to make fun of me, but then I made fun of him for being immature and replaced his cellphone ring tone with the theme song. He hasn't bothered me at all.

Just act like its not a problem and it won't be. Parents arn't perfect, I am sure they have something questionable you could bring up as a counter argument.

If they are your friends, they wont think negatively of you. You just have to say it like they are weird for not being bronies and if they disagree strongly then call them faggots. There isn't any logically solid argument as to why someone shouldn't like MLP. Ponies arn't inherently female only, big or little. The animation is fantastic. The writing is fantastic. Everything about the show is A+ quality. Saying MLP is for girls only is like saying that there are girl and boy colors.

1. I'm a girl

2. I would neeeeeeevvver call my friends that. Unless they seriously offended me.

(edited)

1. I'm a girl

2. I would neeeeeeevvver call my friends that. Unless they seriously offended me.

1. Then you shouldn't really have a problem.

2. your a girl, your prety close to the show's target anyways. Guys get all sorts of shit for watching MLP and its irritating and annoying. I call them faggots because if they seriously think that watching MLP is an indicator of one's sexual preferences then they must be unsure about their own sexual preferences. If they say, "yah cool, im not really interested" then fine, whatever. It's only when they take a strong argument against watching the show that I aim to insult. They insulted me by negatively speaking about the show in a way that clearly isn't constructive.

Edited by Bohtty

1. Then you shouldn't really have a problem.

2. your a girl, your prety close to the show's target anyways. Guys get all sorts of shit for watching MLP and its irritating and annoying. I call them faggots because if they seriously think that watching MLP is an indicator of one's sexual preferences then they must be unsure about their own sexual preferences. If they say, "yah cool, im not really interested" then fine, whatever. It's only when they take a strong argument against watching the show that I aim to insult. They insulted me by negatively speaking about the show in a way that clearly isn't constructive.

Should I also mention I'm only 13?

(edited)

lol I used to be mean like that with people, but then I realized that being mean back usually just causes them to harden their hearts even more and act like even bigger jerks. Love and tolerance works surprisingly well in these situations.

Anyhoo, to get back to the topic at hand, my mother and stepfather began to think I'm gay which while there's nothing wrong with being gay we're all mormons over here and you have that massive mind boggling cluster of why the bible and book of mormon say it's okay to be gay but it's also not, and it really just caused some tension between me and my parents.

Now my actual biological father, who's the coolest guy ever, heard it and was like, "wut" and just kind of dropped it from there. I'm sure he was more worried that I'm the laziest person ever and that my grades are so bad I will be graduating high school with the flat out lowest GPA possible, but even then he's already a dork and if I remember correctly he digged the powerpuff girls so I'm sure he would be cool with it.

Edited by lordbababa