Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Parent & Friend Reactions to your Bronyness: Before & After

Braeburn Apple

Unfortunately they don't really understand it, and because of that don't like me watching it. (My father can't get past the fact that it's 'for 5 year old girls') Not going to stop me though!

They don't talk about it much anymore, but sometimes my dad starts to talk about it in public (like singing the theme song) just to make me "embarrassed".

I'm unaffected though!

my mom and sister mock me becuase of it my as for my dad he is a little shocked as to why a 14 year old kid would watch MLP, he kinda pretends that im not actually watching it when he walks in

my mom and sister mock me becuase of it my as for my dad he is a little shocked as to why a 14 year old kid would watch MLP, he kinda pretends that im not actually watching it when he walks in

My parents don't really think anything of it. They know how much I watch cartoons and I guess they don't see much difference in it compared some other cartoons I watch.

It's new to my father. I mentioned to him about all of the adult fans of both genders, so he doesn't think I'm a homosexual. He's never really seen the show, and I highly doubt he wants to.

Good question... I don't even know if my dad know... i think he's seen me watching the show plenty of times.

As for friends, I have two of my friends who really hate that i'm watching it (wich I finds hillarious! :lol:! Except when one of them calls me a clopper..... that shit nasty :unsure: ), me and another friend (Working_pony) often tease them with refferences!

Edited by MyLittleViking

Everyone I know that's not a brony mocks me about it sometimes but only just as much as they always have before. When people found out that I was a brony it didn't really change anything except for the topic of the common mockery. Most of my friends and family and I all make fun of each other relentlessly as it is and none of that has changed really so I guess they just choose not to see it as anything more that either a strange phase or just another aspect of my life not to be taken seriously and either way I don't really care. I know who I am.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if they know or care.. the only person I actually told was my gf and she said she'll check it out.. I also told soeone at work and he comfussed he watches Jam so we on even ground

Edited by Jay

Even though I kinda make it obvious that I'm a brony, my father doesn't really seem to realize that I am one. If he does, he simply doesn't care at all. My mother knows, and has asked me a few times the traditional "aren't you a little old to be watching that show", but otherwise, she doesn't have an issue with it.

My mom knows, and she accepts it i guess. My dad Im not entirely sure, but he probably knows, one look at my computer would give it away. I ponified almost every aspect of it. If he does know he hasnt mentioned it.

Not sure if I posted here... oh well... inb4 repost.

Anyway... everypony knows that I am a brony... I have lost friends because of it and my parents honestly don't give a flying feather about me being a brony. My dad gave me 40 bucks to piss away while I was in Indiana... I bought a Brony shirt and two Dash figures (one for me and one for my friend) and he was pretty much like 'I ain't even mad'.

My mother thinks its totally wierd. My dad seems indifferent. My grandmother thought it was wierd too, but I convinced her to watch an episode with me (lesson zero) and then she said that she can see the appeal. So yeah. But when I tell people at high-school, its kinda similar to the reaction one would expect when coming out to be gay I imagine. But I just ignore the sneers, and as a way of basically saying "buck you guys" I sign all my papers, tests, ect. With "Rainbow Dash is best pony." Its awesome. I have gotten many a funny look from that.

My mom doesn't really mind, but I can tell she finds it kind of weird. Sometimes she will tease me about it. I don't really talk to my dad but if I told him he wouldn't understand, accept, or tolerate it at all.

Well considering I don't live with my parent's anymore I dont think they care :P

However lets say that I did, I still think they wouldn't have cared.

They've always been pretty accepting of the things I like, and would support it.

I've always loved my parents for being open minded and not knocking something off unless there was a valid reason to do so.

My parents hassle me about it, but I think they don't really care.

...Although they are saying that no one else will understand me if I take it to college and what-not.

Edited by A TF2 Pegasister

• 2 weeks later...

My mom found out thanks to my pony background coming up when I opened my laptop open. I tried to close it before she saw, but it was too late. A few days later, she came in my room and asked about the ponies. I told her about the brony community and all that stuff, but for some reason she didn't get it until I told her it was My Little Pony ponies. Then she said "Oh!! MLP? I used to love those as a child!". Hmmm, so they had MLP in Venezuela? Neat. But anyways, she says she accepts my interest and won't judge me by it.

My dad hasn't found out, nor will he ever will. He once saw me watching a commentary and called it 'stupid', so yah, he's critical on stuff that isn't about literature (He's the read librarian at Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte) or anything 80's that isn't about classic movies (Back to the Future, Rambo, Star Wars, etc.) or rock music.

Even though he's not one of my parents, my bro also knows. It's funny how he isn't critical at all even though he is 7.

My parents are separated and I live with my mother. She seems to be perfectly fine with it, she cracks a few jokes here and there just for fun so it's pretty cool.

But my dad has a judgmental side (he didn't like on of my best friends for years because he wore a black fedora), sooo.. I plan on telling him eventually.

My mom doesn't care my sis made fun of me at first but now she doesn't care and my dad thinks it's stupid

My moms reaction was:

Posted Image

But now she really dosent care.

Same thing goes for my brother. he dosent care that i have a gigantic bag and other random pony stuff in our room.

• Brohoof 4

Well they eventually realised there must be a reason behind...well...er...

Posted Image

So after questioning why I draw ponies so much, I said the show got rebooted in 2010 and now it's ridiculously good and has a stupidhuge internet following. They now don't really question it, they're already used to me fanboying over anime I guess.

My Dad actually asks about it sometimes though. I remember one conversation after watching "The Grey"...

Dad: Does the new ponies have wolves?

Me: Well there are the Diamond Dogs...

Dad: Wait...

Me: Yup, blatant David Bowie reference...

Edited by Indigo
  • Brohoof 1