My dad says i should be ashamed about watching MLP

Kalypso

yeah parents say a lot of things

I can tell you for a fact my dad hates the movies I watch...though they are piles of absolute shit but that's beyond the point

we just like don't watch them together

Can't visit Ponyville? Show up and say you can't!

My mom said a similar thing, that watching MLP FIM was below me and that it was a shameful thing. You can't let it get to you, if you can't convince them otherwise just keep being who you are.

Screw what your parents think, it's your opinion, and they should never be able to change that.

Especially if it has to do with your brony status.

K9MQ1H.gif

OC's: Whirl Wake and Noon - Profile Picture Credit - Signature by Me

twilight sniper kill blue all tf2 wow map you see firend rianbow dsah,pinkie pie,applejack,rarity,fluttershy wow team red kill blue red win huh robox bad new

It is great to be an open person, open to new things, to methods of how to do things and ways to solve problems. Some parents make these quick and hasty generalizations like "MLP is for girls". It used to be, but not anymore.

The way my parents look at it, is that it's better than going out and doing any assorted amount or types of drugs with people they don't know. So they're like "wtf" but then they're like "whatever, he's fine"

Ill be honest, my parents despise me for coming out.

They've said some really hateful things towards this fandom and its members.

But every day time they see me, they are forced to realize that everything they say is false.

Because im one of them :D

And they cant bear to insult me.

They won't ever keep me away from something that makes me happy.

Ever.

At the end of the day the only opinion you should listen to are the POSITIVE ones.

And most importantly,

Yours

OPPAICEBERGSTYLE2.jpg

THERE'S STILL NO SNOW IN EASTERN CANADA.........GLOBAL WARMING ANYPONY?

You know, I'm sorry to say this but your dad is an ass hole. Sorry, had to say that. Just because someone watches My Little Pony doesn't mean that he's 'Gay' or un-manly. Hey, I play all the sports that guys play, and I'm pretty good but does watching My little Pony make me a wimp?

Be strong and always watch My little Pony :3

SIGNATURE_1.jpeg

Here's what seems to be the problem. There was a generation before this one. My Little Pony is still for little girls. But, now it has more of a Diverse following. Your dad is probably saying that because he remembers the old show . I think that's the reason that there might be as many haters as there are,. If you don;'t give the show a chance you're automatic response is probably gonna be "This show will be too girly. Just look at how it was in the 80's" How do I know this?

Because back in the summer of 2011 that's exactly the way I felt. Everyone was talking about the show but I'd just be like "Meh to each their own. I don't really think this show is really my thing"

I wasn't a Quote Unquote "Hater" but I had no interest in it because of the 80's Version. Once I started watching the show, however as you can imagine everything changed. My dad used to be on my ass about this too. Until I made him Wiki it and now he understands that it's not as bad of a fandom as he thought. He's still not "Happy" about it. But in a way he just accepts it. Maybe you should find something online and show it to your dad. Maybe he will change his mind somewhat about this show and realize this isn't like the one in the 80's.

Facebook: Josh B.

I just loled- its your life, and if someone tells you you should be ashamed don't listen. You think all the people here are ashamed of being bronies? Well some are, but ignore them.

He also most likely dosen't understand what the show is, so like most people he's going to criticize just because he dosen't understand.

This is a signature.

Why did your dad say that you should be ashamed about watching MLP? Is it because he thinks that MLP is for girls (but it turns out boys also mostly watch that show)?

BTW; my parents don't mind about me being a brony, watching MLP:FiM.

R0FSJ.gif

T w i l i g h t S p a r k l e i s B E S T P O N Y ! ! !

There isn't a single thing you should be ashamed of. So you like a show... big deal. It's a good show, with well done elements, a rarity on TV today.

This is going to sound harsh, I don't want it to be, but seriously...

Fuck your dad. Fuck what he says.

You do you, this is something you interested in and no one can change who you are.

Be yourself.

Sincerely,

Kestrel

nniUD9E.gif

Let him know that you're going to love and tolerate the fluff out of him regardless of what he thinks about what you watch or who you associate with, cause you know this community will love and tolerate the fluff out of you! Someone above mentioned that kids are addicted to all kinds of stuff, drugs and alcohol etc. and your watching MLP should be the least of his worries. So it's a little feminine, it's embedding good morals into you weather you realize it or not and the community backs that up even more so. You know any of our little ponies would support you being a good person so ask your dad to do the same!

I have a friend with the exact same problem, but MORE EXTREME. His dad now can screenshare his computer to check what he does on it just because of MLP.

I think your dad should take a look at this, really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Est3UNs-LIk

The example relating it to women wearing pants and men wearing pink. Also, some men in Scottland wear kilts, which are kind of like skirts. But all of these are fine. It is not agains the law, and you are not hurting anyone. In other words, keep watching this show and not give a damn about what others think, because there are millions of other males just like you. Enjoy :)

-"My little pony, not yours!"

Don't listen to your father. He just has that same arrogant attitude that every hater has for the show. They don't even watch it, so they are not reasonable enough to pass judgment on the show.

Like what you like, and don't let your parents stop you. You are your own individual force, and if someone tries to take that away from you, that's just because they are trying to conform to the "norm" of society, which really, who can define normal these days?

You can show them how popular the fandom what kind of phenomenon its turned into. However like a stump they probably will still persist about how they don't like it or find it normal. I did that with my parents and my dad is fine with it. He even let me go to a brony convention. My mom is a different story she likes to stay in her own little circle and isn't really open to many things. Anyways the point is that you really shouldn't care what they think. All that matters is that you do what you enjoy.

Your dad is wrong to jump to conclusions like that so he is def. in the wrong there. He should not be making feel like crap over something like this. Try and explain to them why you like the show or if not just ignore them.... their opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Marblepiesig2.png.fb6ac098bee1c85c0acf52419aab2729.png

Ok one tardis thats an amazing design you got there. two dont listen to haters i ever have a poem in my phone i look at when people hate me just say dew you and i dew me

Anon -buckets buckets buckets buckets buckets

Gamzee- SuRe BrO lEtS gO fIlL sOmE bUcKeTs!

Anon - GAMZEEEEEEEEE

Gamzee - KaRkAt Is ThAt YoU?

KARKAT - YES ITS ME

WhAt WoUlD yOu Do WiTh A dRuNkEn TaVrOs?

EaRlY iN tHe MoRnInG?

TiE hIm Up AnD fIll SoMe BuCkEtS

EaRlY iN tHe MoRnInG

There are plenty of things to be ashamed about, but, unless I'm wrong, watching a show about colorful ponies who express the magic of friendship is not in that list. Shut up, your dad.

Edited by RainbowTheNinja
  • Brohoof 2

Things just got 20% cooler.