Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst Possible Thing! (Discussion)

FIuttershy

Okay^^

Real simple. Discuss what you personally thought to believe has been the "Worse possible thing!" to come from the show My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

This can be direct from or interpreted/fanon and memes.

To give an example I'll begin with mine:

I hate "Pinkemena Diane Pie". This would be the picture the fandom has painted from Pinkie during her "Party of One" episode. Which I assume is greatly influenced by the "Fanfic which shan't be named". Unforgivably, this distaste in Pinkamena applies to even her on-screen appearance during the "Party of One" episode, despite Pinkie being tied as best pony next to Fluttershy. I enjoyed the animator's creativity at the time when I marathon'd the first season before I was into the brony culture, but I simply can't watch the whole episode because this distasteful image created in fanon.

A point of context though is I still love Pinkie and nothing in the fandom has or can influence my opinions of the show in whole. Minor things like the above are common in fandoms and add diversity where canon is often strict to a railroad.

Share your opinions below!

EDIT: Silly me misspelled "Worse". Sorry~

Edited by MyKotoShi
  • Brohoof 1

:D : This is THE, WORST, POSSIBLE, THING! (faints on red couch)

For me it's Nightmare Moon. I mean she looks nothing like Luna, makes it hard to believe they are the same person. The size, proportion, shape, all different. I always felt kind of annoyed seeing Nightmare Moon.

The worst possible thing?

There isn't enough Steven Magnet, his mustache is legendary!

Really though, I most dislike the brony/trolls that seem to think lashing out at people is a good idea.

Edited by Guest

I can easily describe the worst possible thing in one simple, excruciating, benevolent, infuriating and diabolically EVIL word....

Gilda.

• Brohoof 1

I cast my vote for people taking the show's innocence and destroying it.

Case in point: clopfics, disgusting pics, ridiculous ask tumblrs (Sweetie Poo in particular), and of course rule 34. The internet will be the internet, but I pray for those souls who need to exploit and manipulate a children's show to get their jollies.

• Brohoof 3

I hate it when people put boobs on ponies, not humanized ponies, PONIES!

I agree.

But I don't mind human versions of the ponies, this is ohkay

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/077/3/0/oh_lady_rarity_by_thelivingmachine02-d3bw1q3.jpg

this is NOT (there are way worse, but I wanted it to be SFW)

http://fc02.devianta...nes-d3fve6p.jpg

Edited by Shankveld

I agree.

But I don't mind human versions of the ponies, this is ohkay

http://fc09.devianta...e02-d3bw1q3.jpg

this is NOT (there are way worse, but I wanted it to be SFW)

http://fc02.devianta...nes-d3fve6p.jpg

The top one, fully humanized, is okay with me too. It's the anthro stuff (your 2nd link) that can get kinda weird. Heh, there's a pic that gets posted on ponibooru when something ridiculous is uploaded

Posted Image

Edited by Doctor XFizzloop
  • Brohoof 1

Im gonna go with the obvious, the "fanfic that shall not be named". Sorry if you like that kinda stuff, but im trying my very best to avoid it. It is indeed THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING. (To me)

This post might end up long by my standards, because I'm going to have to explain myself.

The worst thing to come out of the show/it's community? Love and Tolerance. NOW BEFORE YOU MOB ME, here's what I mean.

Some people have taken the words "Love and Tolerate" to a ridiculous extreme of never disagreeing with anyone (even when said person is demonstrably wrong), or in the opposite direction, a differing opinion can get shouted down with cries of "IMMA LOVENTOLERATE U LOL." It's memetic nature has caused it to lose some of it's original meaning, and it irks the living shit out of me.

I cast my vote for people taking the show's innocence and destroying it.

Somepony has forgotten rule 15 of the internet. :P

...but I pray for those souls who need to exploit and manipulate a children's show to get their jollies.

Sounds sorta like:

"...but I pray for those souls who need to watch a children's show to get their jollies." Hear what I'm saying?

Clop, gore, grimdark... these things don't bother me as long as they are done well. There's a reason "Cupcakes" sticks in the fandom's collective hivemind more readily than fics that are even more violent, and it's not just because it's the first. It's because behind the gut reaction of "HOLY SHIT WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS", there's a decently paced little story in there. It does the job it was written to do.

This is why I don't long post, I get off topic.

TL:DR, Crispy is ok with Clop, likes Cupcakes and thinks Love and Tolerance is dumb when misused.

• Brohoof 1

There's not much that angers me, except some rule 34. I don't like seeing rule 34 versions of non-humanized ponies. Humanized ones still aren't that great, but the Internet will be the Internet, and in my years, I've learned to accept that. Some of the softcore stuff is actually kinda cute.

But when it's just normal, pony fluttershy doing... stuff... to normal, pony rarity, that's the kind of thing I wish wasn't around.

But the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING. Is the idiots who make us look bad. The idiots who probably don't even watch the show, but just spam it cuz it's a meme. They aren't as prevalent now, but in the early days, they were everywhere. They're the ones that got ponies banned from 4chan for a while :(

• Brohoof 1

You guys mean "Cupcakes?"

/banned

Really I can't think of anything... everything I've seen that could be considered "a bad thing" is just something that comes with the fans of a show

I'm a huge fan of Kodomo no Jikan, probably one of the best stories I've heard, not exactly the best images to work with... especially the thoughts that entered your minds

• Brohoof 1

The only real problem I have with the fandom is the sheer amount of weapons-grade Grimdark produced by the fans, basically the exact opposite in everyway to the image given by the show (and not just the "That which shall not be named" fic). Nearly every story update page I've seen on EqD has about 3/4 of the stories be either dark/sad (which I can deal with in moderate) or a story with a plot that looks like it was written by a cross between Hannibal Lector and Jigsaw.

Wait...SAW and MLP...hmm.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

For me it's possible also "Cupcakes". Don't get me wrong, there are sure people who have enjoyed reading it, but the references to it in ALL parts of the fandom are just annoying(especially the way fans are portraying Pinkie like MyKotoShi said). You can't read anything pony-related without somepony mentioning Pinkamena and it's annoying as hell for me and ruining a bit of the atmosphere. :P

I haven't read many fanfics yet but I am not a big fan of grimdark storys and psychotic ponies tough I like a bit "darker"Action Storys like Fallout:Equestria(if the setting is fitting) but not the "Horror" or "Slasher" Kind of Stories(I don't like the ponies being tortured). :(

I don't like Rule34 stuff either(tough I think some adult/collegehumor is quite funny and not "ruining" the show), but you can easily avoid it and it isn't mentioned everywhere(well maybe Molestia sometimes but way less than Cupcakes and it's mentioned in a less serious way).

Most of the tumblr ponies I've seen so far were kind of funny(especially asktwilight-sparkle, askpinkiepieandfluttershy(D'AAAWWW) and askdashedrainbow) but they should try to orientate themselves rather on the show personalities of the ponies than the fanon.

[rant]

The worst possible thing to come out of it is, in my opinion, which is also conveniently what someone else said: The fact people feel they need to destroy the show's innocence with x-rated fan content, gore-filled fan content, and anything of that sort. I mean, Pinkie Pie. Cute, fun, party-loving character? Nope, the weird people get in and feel the need to turn her into some kind of Ed Gein-esque figure.

Rainbow Dash. Character that acts tomboyish? Nope, the weird people decide to draw/write her as a lesbian to get their jollies.

I mean, the stuff like this really doesn't bother me since I ignore it, but what bothers me is it's existence. Why do people feel the need to turn something innocent like My Little Pony into whatever disgusting crap they can? It's My Little Pony, not A Serbian Film. If they want gore and other disgusting things, why not do their rule 34 crap with something less innocent?

[/rant]

• Brohoof 1

Worst possible thing from this show/fandom?

Getting into those crap "show loudest win argument" type things in a "who's best pony"?

I mean, the type where people just shout their favorite pony, and disregard everything everyone says.

I don't know how I end up in them a majority of the times, but the most memerable ones are on TF2.

And it really gets to be a pain when you and maybe one other guy are the only ones that bother to play seriously to win the round, just because you have these fanatics who can't just shut up for 2 more minutes and focus, especially when you're the only engie on RED team on attack/defense mode. :angry:

Edited by Wonka

The. Worst. Possbile. Thing

is Princess Luna from the Nightmare Night Episode ~ talk about annoying and such a disappointment to the fans ~

Fans should never create their own personality for a character and then demand more about them. I like Luna, since there was nothing to be disappointed. Maybe I just realize the difference between canon and fandom.

[rant]

The worst possible thing to come out of it is, in my opinion, which is also conveniently what someone else said: The fact people feel they need to destroy the show's innocence with x-rated fan content, gore-filled fan content, and anything of that sort. I mean, Pinkie Pie. Cute, fun, party-loving character? Nope, the weird people get in and feel the need to turn her into some kind of Ed Gein-esque figure.

Rainbow Dash. Character that acts tomboyish? Nope, the weird people decide to draw/write her as a lesbian to get their jollies.

I mean, the stuff like this really doesn't bother me since I ignore it, but what bothers me is it's existence. Why do people feel the need to turn something innocent like My Little Pony into whatever disgusting crap they can? It's My Little Pony, not A Serbian Film. If they want gore and other disgusting things, why not do their rule 34 crap with something less innocent?

[/rant]

No one forces you to look at it, and since you ignore it why do you CARE? The people who like this kind of stuff are going to have it in their head no matter what, so it'll always exist.

/end replies to rants

• Brohoof 1

i'v always seen bronies be called furries, but if the brony dosn't like furry anthro pictures then dodn't that prove he's not a furry?

eeyup, I'm not a furry but I like mlp (: ~

This post might end up long by my standards, because I'm going to have to explain myself.

The worst thing to come out of the show/it's community? Love and Tolerance. NOW BEFORE YOU MOB ME, here's what I mean.

Some ponies don't understand the difference between loving and tolerating and being able to express different opinions. Can't say I'm surprised though, we're human here, we mess things up :P ~

Worst possible thing from this show/fandom?

Getting into those crap "show loudest win argument" type things in a "who's best pony"?

Haha, I always say Rarity best pony ! :) but have never gotten into a serious angry fight with someone about it :P ~

Edited by Shankveld

Haha, I always say Rarity best pony ! :) but have never gotten into a serious angry fight with someone about it :P ~

Well I don't mean actual fighting, just a pointless discussion of "who's best pony" that's lacking logic and fact that creeps into areas where it shouldn't, and causes a lot of uneeded problems.

• Brohoof 1