Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash and Derpy Figures at Hot Topic

Creamy Arty

I wanted these as soon as I saw the tread. Mentioned it to my Wife and she found the last two around and surprised me with them after work. They look awesome next to my computer. Plus now I finally have a figure of Derpy.

Not at this time. I haven't even heard rumors that they'll make others. They're probably still testing the waters, so to speak.

If by any chance you didn't know now, it has been confirmed they will do Doctor Whooves and Fluttershy next :) . (Sigh)...if only I lived in USA OR had money to buy those things... :(

If by any chance you didn't know now, it has been confirmed they will do Doctor Whooves and Fluttershy next

I saw something on EqD about Funko making some vinyl figures, but I don't know if they'll be of comparable size and quality, or if they made the ones that Hot Topic is selling now.

My guess is you'll also have to order them directly from Funko, whatever the case. But I'm looking forward to it!

I went to a Hot Topic while visiting Texas once. That's where I got my brony wallet. They also had a bunch of t-shirts and belts, so I must say that we are no doubt recognized well by Hasbro and the show makers. I just didn't want to buy either because I know what stares I would get wearing that out in public.

D'aaaww...they both look so cute! Not sure if it's the pic or not, but Rainbow's hair looks quite inaccurate. Her hair needs to be accurate (For some reason I get bothered if something of the figure isn't accurate with the show, so don't mind me

Rainbow Dash doesn't have blue in her forelock, but the figurine does. Her forelock should only include red, orange and yellow. It was the first thing I noticed and it bugs me to no end.

Aside from that, some paint slop in Rainbow's tail (which is much closer to "canon" in its color pattern) and a bit too much cheek, however, both of these figures look pretty darn good.

Edited by ponyvangelist

I have the Rainbow Dash figure. It was only $15, and it was the last one in the store. I just had to have it. I'll be getting the Derpy figure also if I can find one.

post-8252-0-71699100-1351011503_thumb.png

I would love to get a hold of these! But there are no hot topics close to me, and I always have trouble ordering things over the internet.

What kind of troubles do you have with buying stuff online?

I went to a Hot Topic while visiting Texas once. That's where I got my brony wallet. They also had a bunch of t-shirts and belts, so I must say that we are no doubt recognized well by Hasbro and the show makers. I just didn't want to buy either because I know what stares I would get wearing that out in public.

No better opportunity to wear such apparel than at conventions and meetups. Start attending some.

Rainbow Dash doesn't have blue in her forelock, but the figurine does. Her forelock should only include red, orange and yellow. It was the first thing I noticed and it bugs me to no end.

True. But what really bothers me is that it looks completely perfect on the side that doesn't have the cutie mark.

I got Derpy as soon as I saw the first EQD announcement, before they ran out of stock the first time, and I ordered Rainbow Dash last night. I'm glad I waited to get her, since I also got four packs of cards and the free papercraft thing you get for orders over $25.

I know traditionally MLP dolls have only had a cutie mark on one side, but with the G4 show, cutie marks on both sides have more or less become canon (we do see some views with cutie marks on only one side, but they're the exception).

In this case, where you want to choose a "good side", it seems to me they should at least throw in a second cutie mark and eliminate that problem. Especially one as cool as Rainbow's.

And I will confess that even with the whole blue forelock thing, I'm still a bit jealous that you have the most badass pegasus in Equestria coming your way. :wub: