Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Rainbow Dash have natural hair?

I_wesley125

Well, you tell me. The show is about talking ponies. Is the mane naturally rainbow-colored?

If it weren't, her name is Rainbow Dash because of her cutie mark, no?

You notice that all the ponies' names match their cutie marks? EXPLAIN THAT.

The thing is though, they were all named before they had their cutie marks. And we know for sure that baby ponies are named at birth thanks to Pumpkin and Pound Cake.

The thing is though, they were all named before they had their cutie marks. And we know for sure that baby ponies are named at birth thanks to Pumpkin and Pound Cake.

That's what I'm saying! Is it a coincidence that their names match their cutie marks? :huh:

• 6 months later...

Of course rainbow dash seems to be preternaturally afraid of the spa -- to the point where it was almost like a dentist visit when she didnt want the pedicure. Maybe there was some incident in her past before she accepted her colors.... Making it "cool" might have been a further reaction to it. We are talking back to scootaloos age or younger when being different might have been an issue and before she could fly.

Natural rainbow hair is actually genetically possibly, but it is extremely unlikely. It can occur through genetic mosaicism affecting the hair follicles, causing not only rutilism, but hair of several colors due to excessive mutations in the hair pigmentation (which, IIRC, is melanin).

Yeah, I'm 100% certain that her hair color is natural. As others have said, if it weren't natural, it wouldn't make sense that her parents named her Rainbow Dash in the first place.

Gonna have to agree it is certainly natural...... They wouldnt have named her RAINBOW dash if she was born with just normal coloured hair ^_^ . Plus Dashie seriously doesnt seem the type of pony that would colour her hair :huh: .....