Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

My theory is that it is temporary, either:

- A dream

- She switches with Celestia

- She forsakes her powers for her friends

If this is permanent (which I fear it might be, given her regal garb), it makes me worry that it means she is leaving Ponyville. And that the show will become centered on her while the rest of the Mane 6 get left behind.

I also worry this is Hasbro's way of trying to kill the show. Which raises the question, why would they try such a thing? Was an end-cap planned from the beginning? Was the explosion in popularity something they didn't see, but now have no choice but to still end the series after three seasons?

Nah, I don't think Hasbro are so cruel that they make it a dream, it's the worst possible story. It's kind of like ending a story with "and everybody died". A huge kick in the balls

• Brohoof 1

I also worry this is Hasbro's way of trying to kill the show. Which raises the question, why would they try such a thing? Was an end-cap planned from the beginning? Was the explosion in popularity something they didn't see, but now have no choice but to still end the series after three seasons?

They wouldn't stop it now, think like a business. Why would you axe the show that's producing a huge number of fans and therefore revenue? They weren't expecting the popularity explosion, true, but it's a pleasant surprise. It's not an end cap anyway because as I said a few posts back season 4 is confirmed.

• Brohoof 1

Take a deep breath before posting guys, because the statuses EXPLODED with people's initial reactions a couple minutes ago.

Think about it:

People freaked out over that new princess they were going to add, and we got Cadence and Shining Armor. People freaked out over Discord becoming good, and it ended up being a terrific episode. Why would Alicorn Twilight be any different?

The staff have been working together to create the magic that is My Little Pony ever since Season 1. I have complete faith in them.

tumblr_mc1yljtl3m1qbzzu0.gif

This guy took the words right out of my mouth.

I'd actually kinda like to see how they do this. If they keep the change, this would be a great way to show how the other characters react and teach a lesson about learning responsibly and the consequences of your actions (which I say you can never have enough of in this modern world)

If they have her go back to normal, then it can teach the lesson that nothing, not even immortality and absolute power, is worth losing your friends over.

Either way it'd make a good message.

• Brohoof 2

I honestly didn't care if she turned to an Alicorn or not. I have faith in the writers and I know this is going to be great.

Now hopefully we will see what's going to happen in season 4.

(Don't take my hopes away).

• Brohoof 1

Man, this is going to be so strange for me, seeing her with wings and all. I know it was pre-determined, but did they really have to play the "iwannabeaprincess, one day" card? Sure, thats to address the young girls in the fandom, but what about us bronies? And what about the rest of the mane 6? i like the five other ponies more than twilight (5ponies vs 1, hence why) , and ive always seen them as equals.

Mcarthy states, “I don’t think becoming a princess really changes her; I think it’s going to introduce some new challenges for her.”

Its going to change the way ill see her, as well as how she interacts with the other mane6, that's for sure. Oh, and did i mention its going to change the entire show?

She also says a princess is "a good pony who shares the gifts that they have been given with others".

Im pretty sure one does not need wings to do this, twilight already does a good job at it. Adding in the wings will just be a reminder that, crudely stating, shes better then everyone else.

I'm witholding all my opinions until the episode starts *looks back at post... nvm*.

Still, i have faith in the writers, so im holding off the explosions until after the episode starts.

• Brohoof 2

All I can say is: I doubt they'll ruin it. There's too much at stake, what with bronies being such a big part of their income. I'm pretty sure they know what we like.

My guess is that the reason why she is granted the statuses of Alicorn and Princess is because she writes her own magic, something that probably isn't very common for a non-royalty pony to do.

Still, this is going to be very strange -- and interesting -- to see; a unicorn transforming into an alicorn sounds kinda cool. :P

With Twi becoming an Alicorn, MLP FIM will now lose all that makes it great and become as generic and crappy as the last three generations.

Well guys it was a good run while it lasted... might as well enjoy the rest of this Season, as Se4 will suck  major balls...

Wow.. I am a bit shocked to see that is actually happening.  I suppose I could definitely get behind it especially if it becomes canon. Be it a little different to see Twilight actually become an Alicorn. She looks adorable with wings though.

Does this also mean that the general theme of the show is changing? As it stands now it is a lot of Slice-of-Life stories spread (ideally) across all the Mane 6 (who are ideally equals), and set predominantly in a down-home environment like Ponyville. Is it now going to be more of an epic set primarily in Canterlot and focusing on Twi? Are the other Mane 6 going to wherever she will be living now, if she leaves Ponyville?

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

With Twi becoming an Alicorn, MLP FIM will now lose all that makes it great and become as generic and crappy as the last three generations.

Well guys it was a good run while it lasted... might as well enjoy the rest of this Season, as Se4 will suck  major balls...

Come on, have some faith in the authors. I've never been disappointed with this show. It is premiering on my birthday, if I'm not mistaking, and I have high hopes for it. Even though I would've taken another route, I think the authors will do a good job incorporating it, besides the change may not be permanent. Emphasis on "MAY" though.

This is my first post ever on here, but I think it would be really cool for Twilight to be an alicorn. I think she should be an alicorn and only watch over ponyville. Also if all the ponies were to get upgraded that would be great as well. Such as Rainbow Dash become a wonderbolt and all of them to have something big happen to them.

• Brohoof 1

Has anyone noticed that Celestia is no where to be seen in these screencaps, and that Twilight is sittting in her throne? Me thinks that Celestia and Twilight could be switching roles for the finale. It could explain the episode synopsis....

• Brohoof 2

Oh ffs...

Everyone needs to stop overreacting about this Twilight becoming an alicorn thing. There is no guarantee that the show is going to be ruined because of it, stop assuming things. I'm sure the writers know what they are doing.

• Brohoof 2

I'd say "not to be rude", but that can't really apply. This post in itself is just really, really shallow. How do you know that the show's been ruined if the episode containing alicorn Twilight hasn't even aired yet? How do you know that alicorn Twilight is permanent? How do you know that it's not going to be like how we all anticipated A Canterlot Wedding to be shoddy when it ended up being brilliant?

Watch the episode before declaring the show to be dead. Honestly.

• Brohoof 3

Wait, what? Twilight is going to turn into an Alicorn? Where the eff did you get that information.

Seems I didn't follow the show enough. Can someone tell me what this is about, or is it just sarcasm? (please let it be)

294x294px-LL-a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-

I honestly don't see why this is causing such an uproar? Hasn't it pretty much been confirmed that Alicorn Twilight is only appearing in this episode and then reverting back by the end? Typical bronies, everyone gets all worked up, dissecting every little piece of information before the new episodes even air, but suprise surprise, once it does everyone realizes its "DA BEST EPPYSODE EVA!!!"

• Brohoof 2

I'm actually glad "bronies" like the OP are jumping ship before the episode airs, it'll really weed out all the fake bronies. I admit, I was skeptical at first and didn't want Alicorn Twilight to happen. But now that it's happening and we've seen screencaps, I'm gonna wait until after the episode airs.

• Brohoof 1

NOTHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN! This is not going to ruin the show. It will all be okay, trust me. People have expressed this concern I don't know how many times, but the show will be fine after she becomes an Alicorn.

My initial reaction...

But in all seriousness, I for one may be one of the many that don't like this change as it will change our favorite pony forever. Sure, the quote goes as saying that Hasbro didn't want to change her whatsoever, but it will add more obstacles. But seriously, how do you keep from making one of the ponies a Princess and NOT change her in any way. I hope it isn't permanent but others may disagree and that's just their opinions and I don't want to get into an argument. 

Others may have faith in Hasbro, as do i but I seriously don't like this change :(

Edit to add: I also wanted to give an example but was too stirred up to remember...

Just imagine if Hasbro took Rainbow and made her an Earth Pony... then said "We don't want to change anything about her, but add more obstacles"

Or if they took Applejack and made her a fashion diva like Rairty.

It changes a lot about the show from what it was originally and you can't just go around changing stuff yet keeping it all the same... it's just not right 

Edited by Jordan Dash
  • Brohoof 3

Has anyone noticed that Celestia is no where to be seen in these screencaps, and that Twilight is sittting in her throne? Me thinks that Celestia and Twilight could be switching roles for the finale. It could explain the episode synopsis....

This seems very likely : Hasbro gets to sell their Alicorn Twilight toys, we get what sounds like a pretty awesome episode and the show is not changed forever or anything... Everyone wins. 

• Brohoof 1

well think of it this way..... with Discord on their side.....ANY OF THEM CAN BECOME AN ALICORN!!!!!

if he can take a horn or wing away he can add them.... that is how i think it will play out just for one scene, and all this would all be a joke on those being overly butt hurt.

• Brohoof 2