Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

Plenty of indications have been given over that the story-writers have explored the all current casting including Spike over 3 seasons in a fairly thorough manner. If the move is going to be permanent, then either the next season is going to turn into G3-esque episodes or the third season is going to an end for the current main cast.

One way or the other, Hasbro and the current story-writers have a lot to do with what's going on since I had a huge feeling that the season 3 was going to be the point where MLP:FiM's storyline direction was going to be entirely independent to the original concept laid out by Mrs. Faust, and judging from the current released episodes and the stuff that's on the horizon, I now have a strong reason to believe that; such is the case.

They have an entire control over what they want to do and I have no quarrel with their move. However, I don't necessarily believe that this should be the way to go as well, there's an underlying message that the end of all this is going to generate which the story-writers are not intending to make (at least I think so), but that underlying message is something I find highly inappropriate to the children based on my perspective of what the society should teach the children.

• Brohoof 1

Well I was just on Facebook and I saw a picture of Twilight as an alicorn. Also it's not a fan-pic it is real. So it seems that it is true and Twilight is going to become an alicorn. I don't like it, but will just have to see what happens.

402303_463203013728786_152815204_n.jpg

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm maybe it's like dragonball z lol she has to be an Alicorn to be able to control the new abilities that will surface later. As many have said though, trust in the writers we don't know anything about the whys and wherefores etc.

Ya know what, I'm going to break the mold and say this might be a good thing, maybe we;ll get more big, epic episodes and story-lines. This could be the beginning of something even more awesome for all of us.

Think about it, stuff the like Royal Wedding happening every episode, think about basking in that awesomeness every week. 

Edited by Shoboni

Plenty of indications have been given over that the story-writers have explored the all current casting including Spike over 3 seasons in a fairly thorough manner. If the move is going to be permanent, then either the next season is going to turn into G3-esque episodes or the third season is going to an end for the current main cast.

One way or the other, Hasbro and the current story-writers have a lot to do with what's going on since I had a huge feeling that the season 3 was going to be the point where MLP:FiM's storyline direction was going to be entirely independent to the original concept laid out by Mrs. Faust, and judging from the current released episodes and the stuff that's on the horizon, I now have a strong reason to believe that; such is the case.

They have an entire control over what they want to do and I have no quarrel with their move. However, I don't necessarily believe that this should be the way to go as well, there's an underlying message that the end of all this is going to generate which the story-writers are not intending to make (at least I think so), but that underlying message is something I find highly inappropriate to the children based on my perspective of what the society should teach the children.

But why does anything have to change drastically? The only absolute is that twilight i getting wings, there is no reason she cannot go back to ponyville to continue her studies (perhaps from here princess studies)

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I guesses it's fine that Twilights an Alicorn. It shows that her magic is getting stronger. The only thing I don't get is why does she need to be a Princess. It just seem odd and something that she would not do. We will just have to wait and see. Still hoping that this in not permanent.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

Her mane looks different, it's kinda hot :3

Anyway, I am sure the writers will create a good story revolving around Twilight becoming an alicorn. I don't think there's any need to freak out like everyone is doing.

What a great way to end January!

I just can't wait for it, finally we have a chance to see some REAL magic being done! Screw the wedding, screw the empire, look at this, it's character development pushed to the extreme!

She looks regal, her clothes are fancy and unique, I really like her... mane!

Please don't screw it up, please don't screw it up, please don't screw it up. I know you won't, but please. Don't. So many possibilities. I see deep, interesting stories, adventure stories, even. They can fit that into the show, they already did that with a few episodes, and it was great, wasn't it?

The most important thing to remember is: if you can't fit Alicorn Twilight into the story, it does not mean that the writers cannot too. Oh no. They can. Call it my desperate Sonic fan faith, but I really think they can do something really good with this.

Note: this post contains no sarcasm what so ever.

Edited by Sepraxian
  • Brohoof 1

I'll be the first to mention something no one else has. Why does she have clothes? (Unless it's for one of those formal occasions that no one cares about)

Celestia and Luna don't wear clothing, ever, and they are as majestic as butter on a pancake. Fancy clothing just sorta defeats the purpose, doesn't make an alicorn look all that powerful.

Also on the idea of making the other ponies Princesses...

Hell No. It's too predictable. The show will become too bland if that happens, at least for me.

These next few steps the show takes needs to be tread with caution, but I'll keep an optimistic outlook.

• Brohoof 1

Given this screencap is apparently from the upcoming finale (the one where Twilight botches cuties marks and destinies), I'm still a little skeptical that Alicorn Twilight is a permanent change. Otherwise, let's all hope the writers can make this work...

New episode, Y U HAVE TO AIR IN MY BIRTHDAY? I don't know what to expect from this episode, i wouldn't like to see twilight as an alicorn, i don't know, i think that it would be too different from her other friends, and i can't see how she can live in ponyville being a princess, and she would have to go to to live in Canterlot to do her Royal duties. 

I know that what i have said may be bullshit, but after seeing this quote, i got a little nervous about it.

Those challenges will include living up to that lofty new title. In MLP‘s Equestria, “princess” is a designation that’s earned, not freely given — and though princesses have specific leadership roles in pony society, being one really means “being a good pony who shares the gifts that they have been given with others,” according to McCarthy. “We’re building a very unique mythology around being a princess,” she continues. “Every little girl wants to be a princess, and not everybody can get to be a princess — but you can live up to the ideals that should come along with being a princess.”

Edited by Bruno ©

But why does anything have to change drastically? The only absolute is that twilight i getting wings, there is no reason she cannot go back to ponyville to continue her studies (perhaps from here princess studies)

The change has been long foreshadowed, for that matter the what's to happen next seems fairly natural to me in terms of storyline direction. I've made a fair amount of prediction on what would most likely happen in the current season and so far a fair amount of them has turned to be correct including my premonition that the story was finally going to be largely independent to the original concept created by Mrs. Faust. For better or worse, that's up to the individual watchers' to decide.

Ok, let's think about this. 

Episode 13 says that Twilight screws up some spell and changes everyone's cutie marks and destinies. So maybe, Twilight switches with one of the princesses and fixes everything in the end.

But, if it's not, than I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt and try to be more open about it. They haven't disappointed us so far.

• Brohoof 2

This...this...This is the first time I have ever - EVER reacted out loud to something that is based on a show or a game. 

My reaction was that of shock and horror, with a tint of confusion - a plain and simple WHAT THE FUCK?! 

I'm confused as to how I feel about this. I...kinda would like to see her as an Alicorn...but at the same time I kinda don't? I don't know. I'm worried, more than anything, that with this the show will end here. Hopefully there is a season 4 planned, but I don't know. 

IF they HAVE planned this from the start, then it will be interesting to see how well they pull it off, they've managed to do everything well so far, and I have to give them the benefit of the doubt for this. 

But...if they cock it up, I have a feeling a lot of bronies, myself included will stop watching the show.

The only way I could see them messing up though, is if they make her out to be more powerful than Celestia/Luna, or if they make all the ponies princesses (that just wouldn't make sense to me). Even then though, if it's done well...

I don't know, i'm just confused and horrified right now, while at the same time happy. 

• Brohoof 2

Wow... I needed a good, swift kick in the balls today. My hopes, aspirations, and dreams feel like they just got flushed down the toilet.  Know there are people who are going to already leave because they feel Twilight turning into a Princess... sorry, I mean an "Alicorn Princess" will be jumping the shark.  I had high hopes to release Diary of the Banished, making it into a legendary piece.  Now, I don't see that happening with Twilight turning princess and all this stuff. 

(I'm truly sorry, and sincerely apologize to everyone here.  I am sorry to sound selfish about this, constantly talking about my story.  It was just my dream to get it on Equestria Daily, and make this story as Legendary as Kkat's Fallout Equestria, the story Anthropology, and other tales out there by famous fan-fiction writers.  Again, I am truly sorry about being selfish in this dire time for our fandom. 

I am not leaving the fandom.  This thing that sprung up because of a cartoon brought me a lot of joy, meeting sincere, kind, and thoughtful people.  It's also my downfall as i've grown overly attached to things.  Right now. I really feel like things, and what I hoped to achieve feels like it was suddenly crushed, since the whole Princess thing feels like a cop out.  Even though Meghan says they are creating mythos around being a princess, i'm not buying it.

However, this doesn't mean i'm leaving the fandom.  Like other bronies out there, I believe in the potential of the writers.  They've been told to turn Twilight Sparkle into a princess.  Right now, it sounds like they weren't given any specific beyond this point.  For the loyal fans of the show, this gives talented writers like M.A. Larson the ability to craft a beautiful story.  I will place my trust, my hopes, and my faith in Mr. Larson's abilities as a writer to craft a story to keep Bronies in the fandom.)

Edited by Genepool
  • Brohoof 1

Ya know what, I'm going to break the mold and say this might be a good thing, maybe we;ll get more big, epic episodes and story-lines. This could be the beginning of something even more awesome for all of us.

Think about it, stuff the like Royal Wedding happening every episode, think about basking in that awesomeness every week. 

The only way that would happen is if they switched from 22-minute long, self-contained stories to long saga-like seasons which would follow a larger story over multiple episodes. Very very unlikely, as that writing format is generally confusing to children, as they would have to watch the episodes in order. It would also mean they would have to release entire seasons together on DVD, rather than the current format of "package together a hodge-podge of episodes with some duplicate episodes between DVDs".

The only way I can see this series continuing in the same format we're used to, is if they either return her to normal (unimaginative idea), move her to a Celestia/Luna role (bad idea), or remove Twilight all together (worst possible idea).

I must admit, Season 4 should play out very interestingly.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, let's think about this. 

Episode 13 says that Twilight screws up some spell and changes everyone's cutie marks and destinies. So maybe, Twilight switches with one of the princesses and fixes everything in the end.

But, if it's not, than I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt and try to be more open about it. They haven't disappointed us so far.

XD I never saw that. It's almost a relief to hear - I'll add that in to the OP. (That''s probably why she has clothes on, and they aren't showing images of her flank/cutie mark.)

• Brohoof 1

DIS GON B GUD (as in watching the community melt down over this news)

_gif__dis_gun_b_gud__by_aartboy-d5cp797.

It was bound to happen. I've been saying all along G4's endgame is Twilight becoming the new ruler of Equestria either alone or together with the Mane 6.

• Brohoof 1

HOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUPHOLDUP!!

Is it true? Twilie really is becoming an alicorn?

hqdefault.jpg

HAHA! I've waited fo' this moment forever in the show, But with da Cutie Mark mishappen.. Will Sumthing happen to da CMCs?

*LE GASP

We'll have to wait and see!

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, I remember way way back an entire 9 months ago fans were making a big hoopla over the Royal Wedding episode thinking that it would ruin the show, was over hyped, it was going to suck, Candance sucked, Twilight can't have a brother blah blah blah.

Well, what happened from it?  That episode that so many hated the idea of ended up becoming one of the largest fan favorites all across the fandom.  The episode was amazing.  I will admit I was skeptical of  it as well but not it is one of my 5 favorite episodes.  Cadance is now my favorite princess.  My two favorite and 3 of my top 5 songs came from that episode.  I personally know Bronies that got sucked in by that episode.  I don't think I know any Bronies who do not like that episode.

On top of this, The Best Night Ever was also one of my top 5 favorites and also a season finale.

I think it makes perfect sense for Twilight to become an alicorn.  I like the idea.  I'm looking forward to this episode.  If it is half as good as The Royal Wedding I will be happy.  Knowing the quality of work that these writters do I expect that this could join the other two season finales as my favorite episodes of all time.  Like Royal Wedding I think it will set the stage for season 4 as well as a possible movie.  I'm personally really looking forward to it.

I'm also not buying the idea that corporate Hasbro pushed this just to sell more toys.  All they have to do to sell more Pony toys is to make more pony toys!  Actually it is games that they really need to make.  I think that this has been planned clear back in season 1 or at least season 2.

I suspect that by Feburary 20th there are going to be millions of Bronies saying "Boy was I wrong" just like what happened after the Royal Wedding episode aired.  

• Brohoof 5

Guys. this is not a big deal. The only certainty is that Twilight is gonna sprout a pair of wings

Who says she is going anywhere after that? I certainly haven't seen anything past that, so I would assume that for season 4, she will be back in ponyville, just with a pair of wings.

It's a different thing. Imagine a friend of yours suddenly becomes the president of USA or the king of UK, you wouldn't see that person in the same way and I'm afraid that might happen when Twilight turn into an Alicorn

It's a different thing. Imagine a friend of yours suddenly becomes the president of USA or the king of UK, you wouldn't see that person in the same way and I'm afraid that might happen when Twilight turn into an Alicorn

Well No Offence, But I'd be happy for mah friend, Why wouldn't you? Just cause they've suddently gotten a bigger rank than chu?
Thats abit sad, Bro 

• Brohoof 1