Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

SPOILER: but i thought in Magical Mystery Cure we were getting Cutie Mark changes? Anyway my theory is Twi's cutie mark gets changed and her destiny switches. Then she makes a spell to cure it, but hen by mistake turns herself into an alicorn.

• Brohoof 1

@@himanuts,

But Princess Skyla has also been seen. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?

Is it just me, or does this whole Twilight-as-an-alicorn feel like a Discord sitiuation....?

The Skyla toy seems like a random attempt on Hasbro's part to increase sales for the mutant baby pony line. Which I don't feel is that popular. But alas, Skyla is an odd situation considering nothing within the show has hinted towards her and we're nearing the seasone finale.

*sigh*

Well something is obviously going to happen to Twilight, as apparently she will discover her 'true destiny' and is moving on to the 'next level of her studies,' whatever that means. Now whether or not that entails her becoming an alicorn or something I don't know, but I hope not.

I would be okay with something like that probably, especially if it was something temporary like the Elements of Harmony, bonus points if it also involves her friends somehow.

I barely managed to get through the first page, which had a lot of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to begin with.

Also "i will like the show less if this happens" ....

Please, it is not your show or mine to decide its fate.

Ok, ok, opinions are fine, but this feels so much .... exaggerated.

Bronies here who just went NO ... and such, better has to face a few things:

Something is about to happen, and it is possible none of us knows exactly what.

It may be that Twilight becomes an Alicorn, either permanent or tempoorary, because her power levels are already far beyond the other in the Mane 6.

And yes, OF COURSE it is for Hasbro to sell "Alicorn Twilight" toys!

Those who think "it's just for selling the toy", i have to point out a few things:

Rarity with butterfly wings

Cadence

Shining armor

..... Get it?

I'l explain further:

Yes, from Hasbro point of view, they were very much just to sell toys.

However.

From the point of view of the crew that Lauren put together, they worked those into the storyline far better than "just to sell toys".

The clues has been dropped, but the narrators, those who cares about the story, has done it so, so not even an "alicorn Twilight" will be improbable eventually.

Personally i think "Twilight as an alicorn? Why not? If the story surrounding it is good enough, it's ok with me."

I'm in it for the ride, not to control the ride ....

• Brohoof 1

I barely managed to get through the first page, which had a lot of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to begin with.Also "i will like the show less if this happens" ....Please, it is not your show or mine to decide its fate.Ok, ok, opinions are fine, but this feels so much .... exaggerated. Bronies here who just went NO ... and such, better has to face a few things:Something is about to happen, and it is possible none of us knows exactly what.It may be that Twilight becomes an Alicorn, either permanent or tempoorary, because her power levels are already far beyond the other in the Mane 6.And yes, OF COURSE it is for Hasbro to sell "Alicorn Twilight" toys!Those who think "it's just for selling the toy", i have to point out a few things:Rarity with butterfly wingsCadenceShining armor..... Get it?I'l explain further:Yes, from Hasbro point of view, they were very much just to sell toys.However.From the point of view of the crew that Lauren put together, they worked those into the storyline far better than "just to sell toys".The clues has been dropped, but the narrators, those who cares about the story, has done it so, so not even an "alicorn Twilight" will be improbable eventually. Personally i think "Twilight as an alicorn? Why not? If the story surrounding it is good enough, it's ok with me."I'm in it for the ride, not to control the ride ....

I've actually made my peace with alicorn Twilight possibly happening in the time since I've made that post, lol. :P But yeah, I agree, and I trust the show creators to do something great no matter what. ;)

• Brohoof 2

I've actually made my peace with alicorn Twilight possibly happening in the time since I've made that post, lol. :PBut yeah, I agree, and I trust the show creators to do something great no matter what. ;)

I don't. Season 3 has been very hit-or-miss with me >_<

I have always HATED the idea of her becoming an alicorn. I mean, it has the potential to change the basis of the entire show! Not only that, it's naming a definitive "main" character, rather than now where we have 6 main characters with which one is slightly more important. She'd be sure to become a major Mary Sue, and I doubt the design would look good. I suppose it could be forgivable if it was a (extremely) temporary change or at the the end of the series when she concludes her studies but right now, I'd actually consider stopping watching the show :/

Plus, what of her studies? Is she just done being Celestia's student now? That would have a major impact on the show and everything it stands for, don't you think?

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 5

A lot of people have been talking about those of us opposed to Alicorn Twilight as if we think that this will alter her character. I don't know if this is what others think, but it isn't true for me. Twilight isn't going to become some entirely different character just because she sprouts a pair of wings.

My issue has always been that it will alter her role in the show, and in a way that bothers me a lot. Twilight has always been the "main character", however her difference in importance relative to the rest of the six has been kept minor for the most part so far, except in The Crystal Empire maybe, and that is one thing that bugged me about that episode. Anyhow though, alicorning Twilight would definitively place her on a higher level than the other protagonists in a way that would be thrown in my face in every single episode. I like Twilight a ton, but I don't want them to go out of their way to make her more special than the other Elements, at least not in a way as significant as this.

• Brohoof 4

Being the whole theme of the show rides on "Frendship is Magic", I wouldn't rule out Trollestia somehow throwing some sort of eternal duty at her and Twi has to choose between her newfound power or stay the loyal friend she always was.

If that's the case, then twi has the power of a thousand suns for an episode and it goes with the mention of staying with friends.  That I can live with.

Edited by Swagman00
  • Brohoof 2

I guess I wouldn't mind Twilight being an Alicorn for 1 episode, but definitely not for the rest of the show or in that matter more than like 2 episodes. I feel it wouldn't be balanced, Alicorns are the wisest and oldest I presume of ponies, the mane 6 are like 20ish in reality so it just wouldn't make sense

• Brohoof 3

I'm willing to bet money that Magical Mystery Cure will go one of two ways:

1.) Twilight switching destinies with Princess Celestia, and we see a bit of role reversal (with Celestia and/or Luna as the students and Twilight as the teacher) between Twilight and Celestia.

2.) Twilight's destiny switches and she is going to be crowned a princess, but must find a way to reverse it as her friends don't remember her.

• Brohoof 2

But what if somehow, Twilight was only an alicorn for one episode (season 3 finale?)? . I still don't really like the idea, but I wouldn't mind it. 

This was actually my theory from the beginning. It would mess with the character balance if she was an alicorn, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

It's good to see people agree with this! I'm going to have to agree with it will probably be something like she has to choose between being an alicorn or being with her friends, and she will choose her friends in the end. Or something like that, at least. 

Actually, Twilight will not become a alicorn. A recent toy, Princess Skyla, has been released. It has qualities of bot Shhining Armor and Princess Cadence. So in one of the finales, namely, Princess Coronation, Princess Skyla, more likely than not, will be introduced as the new Alicorn. Not Twillight. Don't believe me? Look on google images, "Princess Skyla", and a toy having both traits of Cadence and Shining will be seen.

Sorry if I seem like I'm snubbing you, I'm not! Promise!

I looked it up, your right. However I have seen alicorn Twilight as well. Maybe both will appear in the finale? 

• Brohoof 1

• They never said, whose destinies will be switched.  So yes.  (Princess's beware)

Maybe if she switches destinies with one of the other mane six after all, they become an alicorn, revealing that in the future, Twilight will become one.

Discord (nah.  Would be cool though!)

Hasbro and the hub and the MLP are major trolls!  :D

• Brohoof 1

• They never said, whose destinies will be switched.  So yes.  (Princess's beware)
  • Maybe if she switches destinies with one of the other mane six after all, they become an alicorn, revealing that in the future, Twilight will become one.
  • Discord (nah.  Would be cool though!)
  • Hasbro and the hub and the MLP are major trolls!  :D

Your probably right. My best guess is it will be ether Celestia or Cadence. Though Discord would be awesome (even though their probably not gonna do that...)

And yes, Hasbro and the hub are very much so trolls! 

• Brohoof 2

No one here seems to realize the cliffhanger potential involved in an Alicorn Twilight. Turn her into a princess, pull her away from her friends, and end the episode. That'll keep people talking well through the dry months until things get resolved in Season 4.

• Brohoof 1

All of the prominent threads pertaining to rumors and/or speculation of Twilight becoming an Alicorn and/or princess have been merged. Further discussions on these two topics should occur here.

Thank you! :)

• Brohoof 4

All of the prominent threads pertaining to rumors and/or speculation of Twilight becoming an Alicorn and/or princess have been merged. Further discussions on these two topics should occur here.

Thank you! :)

Thank god. We had at least seven alicorn Twi threads. Derpy threads all over again xD Thanks for tackling that.

I honestly still don't really care. I have faith in the show that they'll do a good job with it, whether the alicorn thing is temporary or permanent.

• Brohoof 2

I don't. Season 3 has been very hit-or-miss with me >_< I have always HATED the idea of her becoming an alicorn. I mean, it has the potential to change the basis of the entire show! Not only that, it's naming a definitive "main" character, rather than now where we have 6 main characters with which one is slightly more important. She'd be sure to become a major Mary Sue, and I doubt the design would look good. I suppose it could be forgivable if it was a (extremely) temporary change or at the the end of the series when she concludes her studies but right now, I'd actually consider stopping watching the show :/ Plus, what of her studies? Is she just done being Celestia's student now? That would have a major impact on the show and everything it stands for, don't you think?

I don't know. It's not like we can do much of anything about it either way, and we don't quite exactly know for sure. I'm honestly not expecting anything permanent if it does happen though, I don't think anyone should just yet. I agree with season 3 being kind of hit or miss as well though, but it has certainly been more hit imo, but I"m certain the finale won't be dissapointing- if there's anything this show has, er, shown to be good at, it's ending a season, and I'm sure they won't dissapoint in that regard, whether alicorn Twilight happens or not. :)

• Brohoof 3

Ok, I have a few things to say... 

First: Only the princesses are alicorns. we all know this. 

Second: When Shining Armor married Princess Cadance, Twilight technically became a PRINCESS.

Third: If they had no intention of turning her into an alicorn at some point during the show, Hasbro wouldn't be releasing alicorn Twilight merch. I personally have the new sticker book containing an alicorn Twi sticker, one of allegedly many more alicorn Twilight products to come. post-11380-0-64600000-1359390674_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't want that to happen, but it seems like a slight possibility for the series finale..

Perhaps Twilight is like Hercules.. She seems normal at first, but then realizes she's more than that. Isn't that how the Hercules story went?

Hello!

Another, Twilight Alicorn thread... I've seen plenty of these to be honest, but, i'll choose this one, to express my opinions about this subject.

There are two things, that make me believe, why Twilight can't and shouldn't become an Alicorn.

First. I don't believe, Alicorns are made... From my perspective, Alicorns are born with a horn and wings. Magic or not, growing extra parts isn't logical. Even when rarity got her fake wings. They were of a Butterfly's, and not, a pony's. Magic that could manipulate flesh and bones and that sort of stuff, would be just to dangerous.

Second. I hear many people's perspectives, that Alicorns "MUST" be Royalty. Now, i don't believe, that Alicorns should only be Royal. And i think, i've read some given facts by fans, that sort of proves this. But, let's say Alicorns are Royal. Well then, Twilight is not royal, and never will be. That's just a fact, that you can't deny.

I don't believe twilight, in all the years that equestria was ruled by Celestia, was the only one, so "Talented, so gifted! I simply do not believe, she is the "Mozart" of magic. There should have been others, but, what happened to them? Why aren't they Alicorns? This idea, i did not include in one of my reasons, because it's not to accurate, and very skeptical.

• Brohoof 2

HAHAHA, *Edit:
Check out the description for the final episode. I highly doubt this will be a permanent change:

"When Twilight casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies, the only way to reverse the spell is by writing her own magic.

That''s probably why she has clothes on, and they aren't showing images of her flank/cutie mark.

------
Dropped the spoilers tag for safety, but this just showed up on the Hub's Facebook page:

img-1128661-1-402303_463203013728786_152

Princess Sparkle, in all her adorable glory.

BEFORE ANYONE STARTS COMPLAINING:

Have some faith in the writers. They've done an excellent job so far, and we really don't have any concrete evidence as to whether this will be permanent or not. Whatever the case, I'm sure it will be very enjoyable either way, and I'm genuinely looking forward to it.

img-1128661-2-MLP-PRINCESS_510x317.jpg

Dawww....

To read up more on the subject, check out this article: http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/29/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-exclusive-twilight-princess/

There are some references that would suggest the change is permanent, but I won't be surprised either way. They can choose to 1) follow the previous generations and make all of the characters princesses, or 2) go the generic cartoon route and have her give up her powers for a greater cause. Either option would be really fun to see.

Another edit:

People seem to think that Mrs. McCarthy's quotes point towards a concrete and permanent Princess Twilight. I disagree.

“She was set up from the very beginning to be on an important journey,”
“It’s really about her earning this new status by combining all the things that we’ve seen her learn over the course of the series.”
“Every little girl wants to be a princess, and not everybody can get to be a princess — but you can live up to the ideals that should come along with being a princess.

Those seem to be the three main issues people have, but look at it in the context of all the classic animated movies. "Journeys" never last forever, and saying it was "set up" means nothing more than the fact that they had planned a few seasons out since MLP first started.

The underlined section is also good to note. Even though Twilight becomes a princess by mistake, it would make perfect sense for her to have to "give up" her powers in order to restore things to the way they were. (AKA the "not everbody can get to be a princess" quote.) The additional "but you can live up to the ideals" line seems like the perfect mood-setter for a temporary moment of taking responsibility, and then continuing those ideals even after the moment ends.

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 19

what do you guys think of this? http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/29/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-exclusive-twilight-princess/

Do you think it is a bunch of BS the site is pulling to get attention, or is it true. If it is this will ruin the show a bit, in my opinion. Also it could be the end of the series becuase if twilight is a princess she will have to have royal duties and live in canterlot or something.

It looks like its true, check out what the hub posted on their twitter. This sucks, the hub is ruining the show and possible getting rid of it. someone should go knock some sense into them.