Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

I've seen this mentioned a few times and thought I'd jump in here...

Just because Twily turns into an alicorn (which I still REALLY don't want to happen....) it doesn't mean she'll be immortal.

Cadance is an alicorn, but she isn't immortal.

She's been aging regularly; if you look in the flashbacks of her as a babysitter, she's a preteen, like Shining Armor was in the flashbacks. Now she's aged just as Shining Armor has.

(Unless she stops aging around now. I dunno)

And I doubt Celestia would make her immortal..she'd have to watch her parents, brother, sister-in-law, and friends die.

I don't think Celestia would want that on Twilight, eh?

Or maybe Luna will step in somewhere and get some screen time. <_<

Edited by Princess Nightingale
  • Brohoof 2

It's always been a worry about Twilight becoming an Alicorn.. Really sad to know my fears are comin' true.

This is one of the main six... The Element of Magic.. It makes sense to me. 

That's well ugh... got me stuck there  :huh:  Well so what? Then that means that all Elements of Harmony could get some new special powers!

• Brohoof 1

That's well ugh... got me stuck there  :huh:  Well so what? Then that means that all Elements of Harmony could get some new special powers!

Pretty much..

I know it seems unfair, but they DO save Equestria from evil'n stuff. But the summary thingy says she messes up the cutiemarks of her friends, therefore screwing their destinies (and her own of course) 

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only one not really bothered by this one way or another? I'm excited to see what they have in store for us and the franchise, but I'm not jumping around the internet slathering my dirty opinions on everything with regard to Alicorn Twilight.

I know what the fuss is all about. I nonetheless fail to understand why a substantive amount of Bronies are prepared to jump out of virtual windows over this revelation.

• Brohoof 2

I was right. :P

In the special coronation episode “Magical Mystery Cure,” Twilight Sparkle accidentally casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies of all her friends, and the only way she can reverse the spell is by writing her own magic. Little does she know that by achieving this great accomplishment, she will fulfill her destiny and emerge a princess.

So, it appears I was right about the reason of Twilight's becoming an alicorn was the great achievement of writing her own magic.

That's an extended synopsis that was released today. Original article: http://www.derpyhoovesnews.com/princess-coronation-press-release-promo-video-and-extended-synopsis/

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 2

Well the extended synopsis sure sounds like a permanent change to me.  I'm going to watch and see what happens, but I hope it's not a permanent change.  I wish Lauren Faust was still working the MLP magic.  :(

• Brohoof 1

I think, personally, the mods should ban every thread discussing these matters until the episode airs, to avoid a meltdown. Sounds like a Nazi way to go about it but still, I can tell some of us are going to freak.

• Brohoof 2

I think, personally, the mods should ban every thread discussing these matters until the episode airs, to avoid a meltdown. Sounds like a Nazi way to go about it but still, I can tell some of us are going to freak.

No,no, no. The whole point of a forum is to discuss things. I could see that being a viable solution if people were simply making threads that were filled to the brim with:

"OMG HAZBO ABANDOME US!!!!1!

But, people seem to be taking the situation well, and are having thought provoking conversations about it.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Now that we've got an extended synopsis, I'm starting to get REALLY interested where they plan on taking this show. They've got something big planned, a change like Twilight's ascendancy would just be for sake of change, the writers are more clever than that...

• Brohoof 1

I shall reiterate the point I made earlier. I'll put it in bigger words so no one can possibly miss it.

Please do not freak out or rage over this news until the episode airs please? We don't know what will happen, nor what lies in store for Twilight or the show. So let us all just be patient, take a deep breath, and calm down.

Also, for those who are saying that an Alicorn Twilight will make you not a brony anymore, you do realize there are bronies out there who don't even consider the second or third season Canon right? That there are bronies out there who don't really care all that much about the show itself, but the community itself.

What I'm saying is, don't let something like this ruin the fandom for you. So what if they make her an alicorn? There's still plenty of awesome stuff to find elsewhere in the fandom.

As a parting shot, I'd like to point out that there was considerable amounts of freaking out and rage over the Season 2 finale...and look how many people loved those two episodes!

• Brohoof 2

I was right. :P

So, it appears I was right about the reason of Twilight's becoming an alicorn was the great achievement of writing her own magic.

That's an extended synopsis that was released today. Original article: http://www.derpyhoovesnews.com/princess-coronation-press-release-promo-video-and-extended-synopsis/

Well there you go, I guess. *shrugs*

As long as the show still sticks to it's roots, and that the rest of the Mane 6 don't lose their share of the spotlight, I really don't care anymore.

Hasbro got their wishes and she's an Alicorn now. I hope they can just leave the staff at DHX alone already and let them do their jobs, already, and stop micromanaging. Because that's what I worry about, now. I'm still a bit nervous that now that Hasbro got their way, not only have they made her an Alicorn, but they are going to force her to be the main (mane) spotlight, marginalize the rest of the Mane 6, and make the show all about "ohmigodlookattheprettyprettyprincess.mov".

I mean, they're called the Mane 6 for a reason, not the "Mane Twilight + 5 others." The two options are: 1) She leaves for Canterlot/her empire, the spotlight obviously follows her and her new lofty duties, and the rest of the Mane 6 fall to the wayside. Or 2) She stays in Ponyville (where she obviously can't rule. Are they just going to get rid of Mayor Mare?) and it seems forced, which will also hurt the rest of the Mane 6.

Really, all I care about now is that they'd better not push my Dashie to the wayside.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 3

As i said, i think Twilight deserves to be a princess, but not now, it looks like a little bit rushed. I'd prefer to see her as a princess in the real last episode (maybe in the season 5 or 6 or more i hope :P ).

About the Alicorn thing, i'd prefer not, i like Twilight just the way she is. When I saw the pictures from the Hub showing her as an alicorn, i knew that was going to be inevitable, but the good thing is that it could be temporal. We don't know yet, so we have to wait until the episode airs.

So don't count your chickens before they are hatch! :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

The more I've thought about this over the last couple of weeks, the more I think I've mellowed out about it. I don't think it's a great idea, but all the fist shaking and hand wringing I did in the past just stress me out more. I agree with Rainbow Sparkle and think that we should adopt a wait and see attitude rather than prematurely pull our hair out over this.

• Brohoof 1

If this is going to be permanent, I hope they only do one more season. If anything, Twilight does look pretty as an alicorn, but I highly doubt I'll get used to the name "Princess Sparkle." I chuckled as I typed that.

I also feel this is appropriate:

1359507155549.gif

• Brohoof 3

img-1132179-1-313_l04_int_carousel_boutique_rundown.jpg

Remember these images, everyone? I have a hunch they're from the finale. My guess is that while Twilight's spell mixes up everypony's cutie marks, they all retain their memories of their life prior to the mishap. Hence why Rarity's boutique is still there, but she can no longer make dresses properly (hilarity ensues), because while she remembers her special talent being dressmaking, it's no longer her special talent.

Alicorns aside, the Season finale is looking to be amazingly funny (assuming I'm right). Anyone have any theories?

• Brohoof 7

This looks interesting. I'll be looking forward to this.

Rant:

And, honestly, will the obnoxious objectors (I don't at all mind the reasonable ones, of course) quieten down? The episode hasn't even been released, and already people are throwing childish fits about it, not to mention it's a cartoon about magical talking pastel horses.

Be patient, and have some faith in the writers. Remember when the synopsis for A Canterlot Wedding was revealed, and people got angry because another alicorn was being introduced? And yet it turned out fine (or at least better than people expected). So please, calm down and actually judge the episode when it has been aired.

• Brohoof 1

I for one am quite fond and curious of Twilight being an alicorn.  

Why?  

Well, while this could potentially ruin the show, it could also add to it instead. I mean, the fact that Twilight is now a ruler, an immortal ruler, is something they could do a lot with just in itself. It could also teach the audience (mostly younger) about responsibility while maybe they could also touch on the topic of being successful, and achieving greatness.  They also have an opportunity to touch on the Idea of loss and moving on, mostly surrounding her friends and family (eventually) and make some beautiful sad moments with this.  This is probably why "Nightmare in Ponyville" is my favorite episode.  Because I like beautiful moments in tv shows and movies, and the scene where Rainbow holds Scootaloo up as they fly together was friggin beautiful man :'D.
Example: (http://feather-chan.deviantart.com/art/One-Shot-to-Keep-344841448)

They could also use this for humor as well.  I mean, they will probably keep the personality the same, she will still go on adventures and have wacky times with her friends.  Actually, I think that's why some people don't like the idea.  The fear of Twilight becoming more like Celestia and less like, well, Twilight.  Of her growing up and acting more 'mature' (and maybe us seeing less of her?).  And while that may not happen, it very well could, which is why I'm not ALL FOR this.

Example: (http://foxy-noxy.deviantart.com/art/Wait-What-349116644)

So....    Thoughts?

• Brohoof 2

As previously stated by someone on here, at least one staff member likes it. I doubt DHX would make it so bad that even they didn't like it. They wouldn't ruin it. Come on, have some faith in the writers!

No prove shes immortal. If alicorns are ALL immortals then why bother throw a wedding? Cadence prop married a million before SA.

Also I am upset because this adds to the *Good Mares Alicorns* Supject. 4 Good and Mare Alicorns. 0 Bad OR a stallion Alicorn.

Anyway I think she might be the princess of ponyvill with the mayor retiring

My gripe with this is because it unbalances the Mane 6. Twilight was already too powerful as a character (being a "natural magic user", Princess Celestia's personal student, among others) but making her an Alicorn is kinda like saying. "Yeah, Twilight is pretty much better than the rest of the Mane 6. Sorry Rainbow Dash/Rarity/AJ/Fluttershy/Pinkie fans, but Twilight is the ultimate pony." I mean, I won't stop watching the show, but I'm really hoping it won't be permanent. I'm sure the writers will think of something though.

• Brohoof 5

To me there are pros and cons to Alicorn Twilight. One con is that she is going to outlive her friends. A pro, which is rather important to the show(hey that rhymed), is that it allows for more creativity in terms of episodes.

It makes me think of a group of friends who are poor. Then one of them wins the lottery and becomes rich, but he still wants to hang out with his old friends. He still likes them, and they like him but the difference is still there. That's what I'm thinking Twilight's relationship as an alicorn with the rest of the 6 might be like.

• Brohoof 5