Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Shanks

I have been a fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles since I was little kid, I grew watching the 1980'-90's cartoon had the toys and everything. I even dressed up Donatello for Halloween one year and had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themed birthday cake for my 6th birthday. So fast forward several years later and I hear that Nickelodeon was going to air a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, I have kept track of it so far and it is pretty good but not as good as the original in my humble opinion. Recently I found out about the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series and it is like they took everything good about the original and combined it with everything good from the comics.

So any other turtle fans out there?

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't say i'm a huge fan but the show definitely brings back some nostalgia :)

Shredder is also one of my favorite villains of all time

You ought to see the kind of stuff that Tengu/demon Shredder pulls off in the 2003 series, there is this one movie where the 1980's-90's cartoon turtles team up with the turtles from the comics and the ones from the 2003 series to take him down.

You ought to see the kind of stuff that Tengu/demon Shredder pulls off in the 2003 series, there is this one movie where the 1980's-90's cartoon turtles team up with the turtles from the comics and the ones from the 2003 series to take him down.

O.O That sounds pretty damn epic.I remember in the 03' cartoon the turtles got their weapons enhanced by the gods and got a dragon transformation.Probably my favorite reincarnation of TMNT

I was a fan of the cartoon when I was a kid so I decided to watch this series, and I'm really enjoying it =D. It's got great story and some cool action scenes. Not what I expected given what nickelodeon has been making recently.

Sweet profile pic by the way

Edited by Ezio Auditore

I don't mean to sound like a know it all, especially since you say you only just found out about the 2003 series, but in that movie, it's actually the Utrom Shredder that they fight, not the Tengu/Demon variant. Though I am surprised that you know about him, that pretty deep in the first series. I don't even think that those episodes made it on t.v. Initially. Oh, and yes. Big turtles fan is me. Donnie will always be my favorite though.

• Brohoof 1

oh my god....i LOVED Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!! it's a part of my childhood, sadly though i have never seen this movie and have yet to see the newest TMNT but i'm trying to find it but yeah...TMNT is awesome~

The movie is called Turtles Forever, I saw it in Nicktoons Network though it is also available on DVD and you could probably also find it on youtube. The newest series airs on Nickelodeon every Saturday at 11:00 and re airs again Sundays at 11:00. Another good movie I would recommend TNMT which depicts the turtles as a bit older and is the only appearance outside of the comics of The Nightwatcher which is a vigilante alter ego of Raphael.

Well, yes but that was way back during the 90's. Looking back at it, I tended to enjoy the prior series far better than the current one, or perhaps that is just my change in taste. Nah, still don't like the current turtles very much.

I love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I am not that happy with the new series but I still watch it every Saturday. I started off with watching the future shellshocked series when it was on. I then started to watch the original.

*raises hand*

I've been a fan since I saw the 2003 version when I was 8-9? Went to take a look at the 1987 version when I was older and wound up seeing the CGI movie a year later... other than that, I own the Ultimates Collection and Vol.1 of the classics series. Both are ace, and are fun to read. I've checked out the new series on Nickelodian too. Personally, I like it but there are a few things I don't like as a result.

-Mikey's too stupid... wow, that's a first.

-Why the hell is April a teenager?

-(As amusing as it is at times) Why the hell was Baxter Stockman a total dweeb? Jesus, I'd rather take 'Never-gonna-ever-die' Stockman from the 2003...

I like how fluid the show's animation is though, and while the art styles can be a bit... icky at times, its extra comic-ish bits are pretty good.

I've been a fan since I saw the 2003 version when I was 8-9? Went to take a look at the 1987 version when I was older and wound up seeing the CGI movie a year later... other than that, I own the Ultimates Collection and Vol.1 of the classics series. Both are ace, and are fun to read.

Nice collection, I have mostly watched the 2003 series on youtube and I have recently pre ordered the entire 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series DVD boxset on Amazon. When I get it should I make like Leonardo and follow master Splinters advice and watch one episode at a time? Should I make like Raphael and just pop it in already? Or make Donatello and trick out an all new entertainment system for the occasion? Of just dive in like Michelangelo at a pizza party?

-Mikey's too stupid... wow, that's a first.

Yeah I know, his stupidity if done right can make for some great comic relief but too much of it makes it a little unbelievable that he is actually a ninja.

-Why the hell is April a teenager?

Until she revealed herself as April I thought she was either a new character or just some random girl that needed saving. It is going to take some getting used to seeing her that young.

-(As amusing as it is at times) Why the hell was Baxter Stockman a total dweeb? Jesus, I'd rather take 'Never-gonna-ever-die' Stockman from the 2003...

Uhhh I know, that has got to the biggest downgrade of any character I have ever seen in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

Nice collection, I have mostly watched the 2003 series on youtube and I have recently pre ordered the entire 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series DVD boxset on Amazon. When I get it should I make like Leonardo and follow master Splinters advice and watch one episode at a time? Should I make like Raphael and just pop it in already? Or make Donatello and trick out an all new entertainment system for the occasion? Of just dive in like Michelangelo at a pizza party?

Fuck. I slipped up - I still have only Vol. 1 of the ultimates collection... I'm working on getting Vol. 2 and 3 sometimes though...

--

TBH, even though I saw the 1987 TMNT I don't think I was able to watch it a lot without them getting on my nerves (odd, I know). As for the question, I would say Leonardo or Donnie path. Then order a pizza and start watching. :P

Yeah I know, his stupidity if done right can make for some great comic relief but too much of it makes it a little unbelievable that he is actually a ninja.

It makes him look too much like an idiot. To be fair, he's being voiced by the guy who plays Beast Boy in Teen Titans - but that's no excuse to make a fool of the Cowabunga Dude!

Until she revealed herself as April I thought she was either a new character or just some random girl that needed saving. It is going to take some getting used to seeing her that young.

It's gonna take a while to get over the fact that Donnie has a crush on her! Like a FULL BLOWN crush, not that hint-hint stuff they pulled in the 2003 version w/o Casey marrying April.

Uhhh I know, that has got to the biggest downgrade of any character I have ever seen in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

I needed to go back and re-read Vol. 1 because of that. GOD that was painful to watch - how ever it had its moments.

"Baxter?"

"NO!"

"Hey Guys, it's Baxter Stockman!"

--

"...I think his name is Baxter Stockman."

I literally grew up on TMNT, mostly on the first cartoon. I have a few comics here and there, and I enjoyed the 2003 series quite a bit. Although I went back as an adult to watch those because I missed the original airings. I also collected the original toyline, like 300+ at one point.

As far as the movies go, I enjoyed the first and second of the original series, TMNT, and Turtles Forever.

• Brohoof 1

just to mention, there already is a TMNT thread

http://mlpforums.com...ad/page__st__60

but, that's pretty much dead

Anyway, my favorite tmnt is the Mirage/Prime Turtles. I am also really enjoying IDW's attempt at their own tmnt.

Also just to mention, IDW has announced that they will be doing a second TMNT comic series based on Nick's cartoon. This is the same way as Archie did it for the Old cartoon, and the comic that came out during the 2003's showing

the new show is alright... I'm at least enjoying it

I hope one day Nick will put the uncut version of Turtles Forever on dvd

Edited by Captain Marvelous
  • Brohoof 1